Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Lauren Boebert - Carpetbaggin’ Vapin’ Yankin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

These people suck. They are bad people.
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Lauren Boebert - Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by Estiveo »

My East Coast uncle always brought an extra, empty, suitcase when he would visit so he could fill it with Coors to take home. He didn't drink it himself, he gifted it to friends.
Image Image Image Image
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Golden, Colorado is a loving-looking town with mountains and everything. It smells wonderful (much like the neighborhood near the Post and Kellogg factories in Battle Creek used to smell).

The beer sucks.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

northland10 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm Golden, Colorado is a loving-looking town with mountains and everything. It smells wonderful (much like the neighborhood near the Post and Kellogg factories in Battle Creek used to smell).

The beer sucks.
Off Topic
When we were in Bruges, it either smelled like beer or chocolate. I much preferred the chocolate.

Agree about Coors.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

northland10 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm Golden, Colorado is a loving-looking town with mountains and everything. It smells wonderful (much like the neighborhood near the Post and Kellogg factories in Battle Creek used to smell).

The beer sucks.
I never much cared for the green beer stench that often wafted across the CSM campus when I was a student there in the 1980s.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Boebert Watch: Great Moments in the Great Communicator's Career

There have been some great communicators in American politics, people who can enthrall an audience with their wit, their wisdom and their way of speaking. Lincoln. Bryant. FDR. Kennedy. King. Reagan. And now…Lauren Boebert?

No, not Boebert. But don't tell that to the GOP’s House Freedom Caucus, which on January 20 elected Colorado's 3rd Congressional District representative as its communications chair.

In a House press release, Boebert started communicating right away: “The House Freedom Caucus is the most influential group on Capitol Hill. These members fight every day to preserve the rights and liberties of hard-working Americans. I am honored to be selected as the Communications Chair for the caucus, and I’ll work diligently to make sure the caucus’s message, and the powerful messages of each member, are delivered to the American people.”

Some of that is sort of true. The House Freedom Caucus is way too influential for America’s own good in today’s politics, and its members indeed fight every day, though usually against anything the Democrats try to accomplish. And will she deliver the “powerful messages” of her colleagues? Most definitely — but remember, this is the caucus founded by Jim Jordan, who as a politician makes a good and very angry wrestling coach. And Mark Meadows, who’s currently being held in contempt of Congress for failing to comply with an investigation into the January 6, 2021, insurrection of the Capitol. And Mo Brooks, and Paul Gosar, and Louie Gohmert, and Matt Gaetz and Marjorie Taylor Greene, and a few dozen more, including Colorado’s Ken Buck. But the complete list of representatives in the caucus is private, its membership kept secret, and it’s by invitation only. You know, like all completely respectable organizations with nothing to hide and an emphasis on transparency and clear communication.
:snippity:
https://www.westword.com/news/lauren-bo ... n-13271925

Great article featuring some of Boebert's greatest hits. Or misses, depending how you look at it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

How can you be in the US Congress, House of Representatives, being paid by the public, and be part of a secret group? :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

True story. The reason they want you to serve Coors cold is becasue you cant taste it as much. I'm not actually joking.

Anyway, that was probably something to do with her restaurant.
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

The beer sucks.
lived in colorado a couple years. We referred to it as rocky mountain piss water
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

How do you view New Belgium Brewery? (Ft. Collins, Fat Tire Ale)
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:46 pm How do you view New Belgium Brewery? (Ft. Collins, Fat Tire Ale)
Their Ranger IPA was my favorite, full of hoppy goodness. But it's been replaced by their Voodoo Ranger series, which are supposed to be even Hoppier. Unfortunately, I don't drink much beer any more because kidneys, but maybe I need to try it.

That said, I've never had a bad beer from New Belgium.
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Have you tried Lagunitas/ABX’s HiFi Hops? Tastes like a citrusy IPA, no alcohol, 10 mg thc or you can get a 1:1 (5thc, 5 CBd).
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Coors, unfondly known as Rocky Mountain horse p*** to people in Colorado who actually like real beer. The Coors family, for the most part, very conservative, but I would have to say intelligently conservative. They also don't let their conservatism getting in the way of money coming in to their pockets.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

As long as this thread has been hijacked by many of our outstanding contributors, I'd just like to add the following:

Back in the day (early '70s), I worked at a primo liquor store in southern California. Domestic beers that were available were the following:
Coors, Olympia, Hamms, Budweiser, Busch, Michelob, Schlitz, Burgermeister, Lucky Lager, Brew 102, Blatz, a very limited amount of Anchor Steam, Pabst, Eastside. I think that is what I recall.

With the exception of Anchor, those beers were pretty poor. Coors seemed to the be best of that lot, and at $5.00/case, priced reasonably. No rebus puzzles in the bottle caps like Lucky Lager.

We were not fortunate enough to have Lone Star, Pearl, Dixie, Hudepohl, Iron City, Griesedieck, Genesee, Rheingold, Yuengling, Grain Belt, or any of the other superlative beers brewed elsewhere across the lower 48. :roll: :roll:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona

Rep. Lauren Boebert @RepBoebert wrote: Before nominating anyone to the Supreme Court, Joe Biden owes Justice Clarence Thomas an apology.
Might I be so bold as to suggest the following:
"I, like many, am very sorry that Clarence Thomas and his wife Ginni were ever confirmed to the Supreme Court."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

WAH :blahblah: You must pay attention to me, Madam Speaker!!

Whines the skilled orator and Communication Chair of the Freedom Caucus.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

humblescribe wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:50 pm As long as this thread has been hijacked by many of our outstanding contributors, I'd just like to add the following:

Back in the day (early '70s), I worked at a primo liquor store in southern California. Domestic beers that were available were the following:
Coors, Olympia, Hamms, Budweiser, Busch, Michelob, Schlitz, Burgermeister, Lucky Lager, Brew 102, Blatz, a very limited amount of Anchor Steam, Pabst, Eastside. I think that is what I recall.

With the exception of Anchor, those beers were pretty poor. Coors seemed to the be best of that lot, and at $5.00/case, priced reasonably. No rebus puzzles in the bottle caps like Lucky Lager.

We were not fortunate enough to have Lone Star, Pearl, Dixie, Hudepohl, Iron City, Griesedieck, Genesee, Rheingold, Yuengling, Grain Belt, or any of the other superlative beers brewed elsewhere across the lower 48. :roll: :roll:
For years after moving to Australia I used to wax poetic about Anchor Steam. Easily the best beer made in the USA (that I knew about of course).

About 5 years ago somebody started importing it. It was totally disappointing. I don't know if it was my taste buds that had changed, or the beer recipe,
or travel bottle shock, but it was extremely ordinary.

Maybe one day we'll get some Dos Equis Obscura (we only get Dos Equis lager here, which is OK but not a patch on Obscura) and I'll have the same disappointment.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

There are several European beers, both bottled and draught, that used to be imported into the UK that we’re either excellent or good. Over the years most of the draught beers have disappeared and most of the bottled beers are now brewed the UK - and they are at best a poor imitation of the original.

Happy note. Whilst visiting family/friends in Wiltshire we popped in to a local pub that happened to have one of my favourite bitters, “Timothy Taylor’s Landord”, on draught and to my great delight it was in superb condition. In the “south” of England “northern” draught beers are normally pretty disappointing. It took some convincing to get me to leave the pub. :bar:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Anchor Steam... :daydreaming:
Dos Equis Ambar :daydreaming:
Alaskan Amber :daydreaming:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Alaskan Amber! Now you're talking! :thumbsup:

Toured the brewery in Juneau with friends from there once. Can't get it here, but we get it when we go west.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

We pulled into Utah some years back, en route from one river to another. There had been a mine collapse hours before we got there and our hotel reservations were cancelled and given to national media. We wandered around and finally found one room ( for 9 of us) in a seedy motel with a seedy diner attached.

The seedy diner had a bunch of local brews. I went ape over an apricot pale ale that was so delicate, so light, so delicious. Don’t remember the brewer! :crying:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

To alleviate the boozy threadjack, I've treated a home for all things intoxicant:

https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1253
Image Image Image Image
Liz

Post by Liz »

Biden got al-Hashimi, Obama got bin-Laden who got more books than Boebert.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

He didn't look as unhappy either.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”