Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:18 am
poplove wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:19 pm Well, I tested positive today with a home test and again at Walgreens. I started to feel a cold coming on Thursday and decided to test just in case. I had a low fever yesterday for a few hours which isn't uncommon for me when I get a bad cold. Now I'm just a snot factory, my nose is raw and I have an occasional tickle cough. And I've had 5 shots total, Pfizer x4 and a Moderna booster last month. My hubby and daughter are negative at this time. Hopefully they'll stay that way.
I was exposed two weeks ago and haven't developed systems and have tested negative several times. I credit three shots and two boosters for that, and the same and Paxlovid for the person who had it basically having bad cold symptoms with extra fatigue. Two years ago we'd both have been in intensive care.
It's good to be reminded of that. That's the way I felt about when I got in August.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Kitty cuddles are doctor-approved. Hope you’re feline better soon. :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Sorry, poppy, but take care of yourself! :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Thanks for the well wishes! :kiss: My biggest concern was shopping for our little Thanksgiving dinner, but I ordered everything through Instacart and it will all be delivered tomorrow.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Glad to hear you’re feeling well enough to think about food!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:21 am
poplove wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:19 pm Well, I tested positive today with a home test and again at Walgreens. I started to feel a cold coming on Thursday and decided to test just in case. I had a low fever yesterday for a few hours which isn't uncommon for me when I get a bad cold. Now I'm just a snot factory, my nose is raw and I have an occasional tickle cough. And I've had 5 shots total, Pfizer x4 and a Moderna booster last month. My hubby and daughter are negative at this time. Hopefully they'll stay that way.
I was exposed two weeks ago and haven't developed systems and have tested negative several times. I credit three shots and two boosters for that, and the same and Paxlovid for the person who had it basically having bad cold symptoms with extra fatigue. Two years ago we'd both have been in intensive care.
It's good to be reminded of that. That's the way I felt about when I got in August.
Yeah July for me, bad cold symptoms. Every time it comes up I am probably over insistent in emphasing that I've had 4 shots and am very glad those shots kept me out of ICU.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Poplove, hope it clears soon. :bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
poplove

Post by poplove »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:33 pm Glad to hear you’re feeling well enough to think about food!
Yeah, no loss of taste and my appetite is pretty good. We’re going to order Chinese tonight because I’m craving it right now.
poplove

Post by poplove »

Uninformed wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:01 pm Poplove, hope it clears soon. :bighug:
Thanks! :kiss:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

keith wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:49 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:21 am
Yeah July for me, bad cold symptoms. Every time it comes up I am probably over insistent in emphasing that I've had 4 shots and am very glad those shots kept me out of ICU.
Three months after Covid, I'm now eligible for the fifth shot. I was going to get it last Thursday, but I'm 50/50 for side effects from the shots, so I
thought I'd wait until after Thanksgiving. Hubby and son got theirs, though.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Get better fast, Poplove!
poplove

Post by poplove »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:18 pm Get better fast, Poplove!
Thank you! :bighug:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

poplove wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:30 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:33 pm Glad to hear you’re feeling well enough to think about food!
Yeah, no loss of taste and my appetite is pretty good. We’re going to order Chinese tonight because I’m craving it right now.
:think: Hmmm… that test you did, the one that came out positive, did you put it in your mouth or did you pee on it?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

SAM!!!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Breaking: Centipede Wins Internet
Out from under. :thumbsup:
poplove

Post by poplove »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:56 am
:think: Hmmm… that test you did, the one that came out positive, did you put it in your mouth or did you pee on it?
That's funny! When I told hubby I was craving Chinese he asked if I was pregnant! (Not likely at age 69.)
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:56 am
"Why not both‽", you can't be too cautious when your heath is at stake!
poplove

Post by poplove »

So, this morning I got a text from the Southern Nevada Health District asking me to fill out a form regarding my covid test. Stuff like when did the symptoms start, where did I go on those days, did I hug anyone, etc. After I filled it out a very nice lady called me to ask more questions, which I gladly answered. The good news is I'm feeling fine, the runny nose has stopped, no fever, and I can go out in public starting tomorrow as long as I wear a mask for the next 5 days. Which is great because the bad news is InstaCart delivered everything I ordered except the dang turkey breast! :roll:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good news. Sorry about the turkey.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

poplove wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:15 pm So, this morning I got a text from the Southern Nevada Health District asking me to fill out a form regarding my covid test. Stuff like when did the symptoms start, where did I go on those days, did I hug anyone, etc. After I filled it out a very nice lady called me to ask more questions, which I gladly answered. The good news is I'm feeling fine, the runny nose has stopped, no fever, and I can go out in public starting tomorrow as long as I wear a mask for the next 5 days. Which is great because the bad news is InstaCart delivered everything I ordered except the dang turkey breast! :roll:
Go with Porterhouses instead.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our Thanksgiving plans have been upended. :( Our SIL's mother has tested positive for Covid 19 so she and her husband won't be coming. :(

Whether SIL's brother and brother's wife will be coming is uncertain at this point. They don't live with the parents but they live in the same city and see a lot of them.

So instead of 9 for Thanksgiving we are definitely down to 7 and might be down to 5. If that happens Mrs. V and I will be the only turkey eaters. We have a 20 lb turkey. Time to look up recipes for leftover turkey. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Turkey noodle cuz you can freeze it in portions and have it through April (or longer).
Gupwalla

Post by Gupwalla »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:54 am Time to look up recipes for leftover turkey. ;)
There's uh, turkey-kabobs, turkey creole, turkey gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple turkey, lemon turkey, coconut turkey, pepper turkey, turkey soup, turkey stew, turkey salad, turkey and potatoes, turkey burger, turkey sandwich.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”