Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Lani

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by Lani »

I'm glad to have them. I flew to Honolulu this week and have more trips coming up, I want to test a few days after each trips.

Ted says I can use his tests.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lani wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:42 pm I'm glad to have them. I flew to Honolulu this week and have more trips coming up, I want to test a few days after each trips.

Ted says I can use his tests.
Ted is a generous dog.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

These are the best masks I've found so far:

https://www.amazon.com/25Pack-4-Layers- ... B09RTT5SFN

I bought a 25-pack couple months ago for $16, now they are $11. Amazon prices may vary.

KF94's offer a little less protection than the KN95's, but they make for easier breathing.

The legit ones come from Korea. These look pretty good on the face.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Yesterday I had the worst mask accident evah!

Lesson learned - check your mask before putting it on.

Responding to an emergency request at a local hospital, I wheel into their parking lot, don a mask from my pocket, and head towards the entrance. On my first breath in (through my mouth) I felt a big clot of something enter, and immediately started choking. I fished a big piece of pocket lint out of my mouth, but that's not enough. Something is stuck down there. I had to calmy, slowly breath in enough air to get behind it so it could be coughed out. My hack was awful, and drew the attention of a lot of people in the parking lot. It took about three minutes to finally get several small bits of lint out.

I sat in my truck for a bit to gather myself before continuing. Ugh. Good times. Moving on.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MIL's hospice nurse said healthcare workers are getting a respiratory ailment from wearing masks. More Covid fun.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:10 am MIL's hospice nurse said healthcare workers are getting a respiratory ailment from wearing masks. More Covid fun.
I'd be asking about documentation for that assertion.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I'm exhausted. I use a mobility scooter when I travel because it's just so hard and painful to walk much. I bought it for someone leaving Kauai and was lucky to grab it for $300. It was life changing.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer

I am so pleased and proud that Hubby's care for his mom prevented her from getting Covid. Everyone who visits must test beforehand. When Hubby's mini-tfg brother asked whether WE tested, my suggested answer was, "Every Fucking Time I drive home to LR and return." Hubby, ever the diplomat, and a perfect foil for a sanctimonious narcissist, gave a factual, emotionless answer. :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Getting ready to see my niece :thor: First test is negative, will take another tomorrow morning before I leave for the airport for a 4pm flight to Norfolk. Coming home Sunday, and staying in the guest room for a week.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:41 pm Getting ready to see my niece :thor: First test is negative, will take another tomorrow morning before I leave for the airport for a 4pm flight to Norfolk. Coming home Sunday, and staying in the guest room for a week.
I hope it all goes well!!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Have a safe and happy trip!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

:yeahthat:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hubby's mom who we have been caring for in hospice is in the last phase of her dying from breast cancer. We are proud she didn't get Covid. She is dying a "natural" death which she chose. :lovestruck:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Namaste to your family, trl. :bighug: You done good, getting her to this point. It’s hard to watch someone you love die, but the time we spend and the love we give and get is worth every second. :lovestruck:

My mom was certain that there was a “process” to death that she didn’t want to miss, a revelation perhaps. She didn’t want to lose the opportunity to spend that time with her God. I think she found all that she wanted in her last few days. :brokenheart:
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Safely landed, had a great time reconnecting with family. Sad to hear about trl's family :cry:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:

...for the safe landing and family visit.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hubby's mom accomplished her death journey at home on April 29, 2022, exactly nine months after being admitted to a hospice program. As Hubby says, "She birthed me." I say, "We gave her the death she wanted and deserved with little, if any pain, on her part and at home." It was a sacred experience for Hubby and for me. We became closer being Team Charlotte. She was a truly good woman who deserved to die as she wished. :bighug:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

And tears of happiness, too. Mom is home.

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:08 pm Hubby's mom accomplished her death journey at home on April 29, 2022, exactly nine months after being admitted to a hospice program. As Hubby says, "She birthed me." I say, "We gave her the death she wanted and deserved with little, if any pain, on her part and at home." It was a sacred experience for Hubby and for me. We became closer being Team Charlotte. She was a truly good woman who deserved to die as she wished. :bighug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Back home. I will post more on the visit in the We Are Family tread, but not immediately. Time to quarantine myself until Thursday to protect Dr. Vicklund (still going in to work on Monday and Wednesday, my normal days in the office).
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

TRL, it is hard to lose a loved one but knowing you cared for her in the ways she wished should give you some peace. Caregiving, especially at the end of life is very hard.

On another subject:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:10 am MIL's hospice nurse said healthcare workers are getting a respiratory ailment from wearing masks. More Covid fun.
Oh come on! Nurses, doctors, central supply workers, clean room workers, people who work around dust & fumes all day, and many others have been wearing masks day in and day out for 8, 10, 12 hours per day for years and no “respiratory ailments” have been reported.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”