Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:12 pm Yikes, WK. Fraught days.

I tested positive today. :( I honestly thought it was just flu. I’ve been in bed for 11 days now, mostly isolated in the spare bedroom. For the first four days - the worst of it - installers were putting in our ductless AC/heater, drilling through the 6” wall next to my bed. :o :roll:
Tomorrow I’ll see my PCP.
:cry: Feel better soon. :bighug:
June bug

Post by June bug »

Sending love and hugs. :bighug: :bighug: Feel better, sweetie!
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

June bug wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:24 pm Sending love and hugs. :bighug: :bighug: Feel better, sweetie!
Let me add mine as well, be safe, take care, and get well soon.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:25 pm With my state suddenly jumping into worst place, on Tuesday the CEO of my utility send a company-wide email asking managers to let employees work from home if they were able, and encouraging employees to work from home. So I'm home yesterday and Monday, and my manager hopes to have a remote work policy ready by Tuesday. (My manager has been trying to implement a remote work policy for a while, but the executive director she reports to doesn't want to allow it, as other departments reporting to him didn't do well last year. My department, of course, led the way and was the model everyone else followed. It really rankles some of us that we are being denied remote work when we were the ones proving it could work.)
Off Topic
Nyghtfall's (aka hubby) company started encouraging people to work at home fairly early in 2020, but he was worried our dogs would make too much noise while he was on the phone and stayed at the office. Then they very suddenly decided everyone *had* to WFH. They just called him in one day and said "here's some equipment, go home, you'll be working from there now." Initially, it was going to last until May 2020, and then September, but they discovered that they were saving a TON of money on office space. So now, nearly 2 years later, he's still working from home. Originally, he hated it, but once we got all the equipment working right, he started liking it better and it seems to be working quite well for us.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I tested positive today. :( I honestly thought it was just flu. I’ve been in bed for 11 days now, mostly isolated in the spare bedroom. For the first four days - the worst of it - installers were putting in our ductless AC/heater, drilling through the 6” wall next to my bed. :o :roll:
I'm really sorry to hear this! I hope you get better soon!! :bighug:
filly

Post by filly »

Gee Kate, so sorry to read this! Is it too late to get monoclonal antibodies? Get well!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It's interesting at the different approaches to Christmas concerts at nearby colleges.

My parents' alma mater, a liberal Lutheran college, had their Christmas concerts this weekend. Attendees were required to be vaccinated and to wear masks at all times. The performing musicians were also going to be masked and were going to be tested for Covid before and during the weekend.

I, however, attended the Christmas concert at the college my niece attends. She's a cellist in the orchestra of the very conservative Christian college. The auditorium was full. I think I may have seen a handful of people wearing masks. The choir wore masks as they entered in through the aisles, but took them off once on stage. Of course, having the whole audience sing two Christmas songs is never a great idea during a pandemic, but, oh well. I knew that would probably be the situation, but I'm double vaxxed with a booster and I inherited my mom's great immune system. I really, really needed to attend a live Christmas concert and I don't regret it. I figured this was a risk I could live with.

My brother - it's his daughter in the orchestra - could not attend. He was with close friends this morning who were fighting Covid. The husband called my brother about 9am, very concerned because his wife was incoherent. My brother - who is a psychiatrist - was on his way to Bible class, but quickly changed directions and went to his friends' house, calling my sister-in-law to bring over their O2 reader. Sure enough, the wife's oxygen level was 69%. :eek: My brother called 911 and the wife is now in ICU in a large hospital and doing better. Anyway, my brother is self isolating and will be seeing patients through Zoom or whatever they use, but he missed the concert.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

filly wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:22 am Gee Kate, so sorry to read this! Is it too late to get monoclonal antibodies? Get well!
Kate!

I am stunned, and so sorry to hear that you tested positive. That terrifies me because I know how careful and responsible you have been. Geez, if one of us gets it anyone can get it. Please take great care of yourself, I'm sure all of us are sending you are best energy and those who pray I'm sure are saying prayers for you. You are in my thoughts today and I am hoping for an easy case for you. I am so happy you are vaccinated, as I think that will make this a milder case. Please keep us informed and try to feel the hugs we are all sending.

:grouphug: :grouphug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:heart: You know we're all on tenterhooks waiting for you update. :heart:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I learned the lesson that anyone could get it this summer when a friend of mine came down with it. She caught it early and got the antibodies. She has been a widow for two years, pretty much isolated outside of Santa Fe, fully vaxxed, extraordinarily careful because she is highly immunocompromised. She has no clue where she got it. That was also pretty scary.

Good luck, Kate; hope you are past the worst of it. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

In ER now. Waiting for CT scan and then they’ll admit me. Very shaky. But that’s mostly cuz I’m STARVING.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:10 pm In ER now. Waiting for CT scan and then they’ll admit me. Very shaky. But that’s mostly cuz I’m STARVING.
:o

Take care…
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

YIKES!!
Dammit, Phoenix520, get all better soon! I am not liking this, not even a little bit!
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:10 pm In ER now. Waiting for CT scan and then they’ll admit me. Very shaky. But that’s mostly cuz I’m STARVING.
Oh wow... How are you feeling overall?
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Good luck! (I don't like hospitals. They saved my life, but they are so smug about it.)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:waiting:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Best wishes for a good outcome. :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:shock: I just now am reading this thread again. OMG, please check in again soon.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
June bug

Post by June bug »

Oh Kate, I’m so damn sorry. Please let us know how you’re doing when you can. :grouphug: :pray:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:35 pm
Oh wow... How are you feeling overall?
Hi Kris!! I saw you’re back, YAY!

After being here all day I feel so much better. I can breathe again. Finally fed me too. Damn good chicken soup.

More, as you know, will be revealed….

Thanks everyone for tots and pears. 💕
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:grouphug:

Please feel better soon!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:47 pm Hi Kris!! I saw you’re back, YAY!
After being here all day I feel so much better. I can breathe again. Finally fed me too. Damn good chicken soup.
Oh, good - I'm really glad to hear that!!!
Lani

Post by Lani »

OMG Just saw this!

Glad you are feeling better. :bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kate, thank you for checking in. I finally got a chance this morning to post in one thread and check on you in this thread. I feel so much better. I was a little bit worried. Stay safe and keep us posted. Sending you the best recovery, love, and hugs vibes ever... :grouphug: :lovestruck:
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Kate!!! Take care!!! :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”