Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by AndyinPA »

Best of luck and lots of hugs. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

The rapid test was negative, but I don't have a lot of faith in it. They were very specific about directions since there are apparently 2 options. Each package has either a big TEST 1 or TEST 2 stamped all over everything, and then instructions how to do each. My TEST 1 was actually a TEST 2, so things didn't go exactly as planned. The other grandparents had her for the night last night and are keeping an eye on her.

The 2 tests are not in the same package. They apparently have 2 variations and you get a box with 2 tests of the same variation and the instruction booklet for both, to use the instructions depending on which ones are in the box.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Wishing for the best result! :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:26 pm ... my balance beam is a big tree lying on the forest floor ...
Yeah, and I said I'd get a photo ...
log.jpg
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug: :bighug: for sugar!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Foggy wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:36 pm
Off Topic
Foggy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:26 pm ... my balance beam is a big tree lying on the forest floor ...
Yeah, and I said I'd get a photo ...
log.jpg
That looks perfect. Definitely a safe challenge. It restores balance coordination, and improves lower leg strength in a way that is hard to isolate otherwise.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Here's a person observation on Covid, from Bill Ward (drummer for Black Sabbath):

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Today we went out and did our second major outing with a crowd since the pandemic started. At the theater two weeks ago where we saw Hamilton, you had to wear a mask, and bring ID and your vax card. At the Pittsburgh Home and Garden Show today, there were no mask or vax requirements. I took a mask, but ended up not wearing it, which I'd say was the case for more than 99 percent of the attendees. It was not packed, and the constant "breeze" felt safe. The ventilation was excellent. This is the biggest home show in the country, covering ten acres of space in the convention center. We have to put in new windows and new siding (the house is 44 years old), so we really needed to be able to talk to a lot of people, so this was a pretty necessary event for us. And it was coming full circle as it was the first thing we canceled when the pandemic started.

Also, today I got my last V-Safe text as it was exactly one year since I got my second Moderna. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

As I noted, before Omicron my county had a bit fewer than 4,000 cases. In January it went up to 54,000. :o

Now it's down to 2,200, in a county with 1.1 million. My pharmacist stopped wearing a mask. I talk to him, his name is Jeff, good guy, saved me a ton of money on my prescriptions, we're buddies now.

It's basically over here. I'm not wearing a mask in the gym, and I'll probably shower there after weightlifting class this morning. Yes, Dancing with Barbells, I'm back into it now that Omicron is over. Kelly, the Princess of Pain, is my instructor today at 9:30 a.m. :biggrin:

Until the next variant, we're basically back to normal. If I need a fourth vax shot, I'm down with that.

Ol' Wifehorn, as you know, is a superstar health insurance agent, and I am merely the leader of her support team. Numbah One Son is also on the team, he has mad computer skillz. But we decided, long ago, that she would be the lead agent, and all our clients are under her name, so there's no confusion or competition. We both know insurance, but she knows more. If you listened to her on the phone for half an hour, you'd think she'd been doing this her whole life. When we were florists, she was the designer, too also. If you listened to her do a wedding or funeral consultation and looked at her creations, you'd think she'd been doing that her whole life. I was the support leader there as well. We're a team, but in our businesses she's the leader, and born to it. Before we were married, she ran a computer school for kids. She's multi-multi-multi-I-don't-even-know.

Here's what I do know: Don't stand in her way. :biggrin:

So anyway, she's in the Chairman's Circle of our FMO for the second year in a row, so we're going to the fancy schmancy 5 star resort hotel on Kiawah Island south of Charleston SC in May, to celebrate with the other top-producing insurance Earthlings, who are basically OK Earthlings, as far as Earthlings go. We didn't need masks last year, and it looks like we won't need them this year either. Yes, this is the 5 star hotel with the smallest swimming pool of any hotel I ever stayed in, smaller than my living room, and you have to tip the pool guy $5 because he brings you a towel and a water bottle and tells you what lounge chair you can use. :sick: You can't carry your own luggage or park your own car, either. That's not how I like to live, but whatevs.

But Omicron is OVER, that's the good news.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Crocodiles around every corner. This one just don't wanta sit quietly.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think that's true. I will keep well stocked on masks and always carry one with me now.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Watch out for alligators on Kiawah Island, Foggy. They have the right of way everywhere. :shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

They have to tip the hotel staff to cross the road, but the staff will hold traffic for them. :whistle:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:30 pm I think that's true. I will keep well stocked on masks and always carry one with me now.
I agree. The numbers here have gone down, but are higher than in previous drops. And we have no idea when another variant will breakout, but that will happen. Could be worse, could be mild. Who knows... I wish people would wait a little longer before throwing away caution.

On 3/25 masks will no longer be required inside. :mad:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

In spite of all this, the transportation sector (trains, planes, buses) has lengthened the date for removing masks from this month until sometime in April.

Edited to add a word.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:17 am In spite of all this, the transportation vector (trains, planes, buses) has lengthened the date for removing masks from this month until sometime in April.

Edited to add a word.
fify
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

bill_g wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:48 am
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:17 am In spite of all this, the transportation vector (trains, planes, buses) has lengthened the date for removing masks from this month until sometime in April.

Edited to add a word.
fify
TY.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Though indoor mask mandates officially lifted yesterday, I still wore mine to Safeway. I was pleased to see all the staff, and at least half the patrons wearing masks. Mrs and I will continue to mask because we've seen the numbers elsewhere. It is just a matter of time before it goes north here as well. We get it. People are tired of this, but we have to tough it out.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

As I've said, before Omicron my county was at almost 4,000 cases.

Went up to 54,000.

Back down to 4,000, I went back to the gym.

Today, 1,309 cases. In a county with 1.1 million people.

It's over, and we stopped wearing masks.

Up here in Montgomery County, Maryland, they have only a million people. And only 809 cases. But everybody is still wearing masks, even outside. I walked 4 miles after arriving, and I couldn't believe it. My dad's senior living place is rigorous about it. Do NOT leave the condo barefaced.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

My brother, the Yeti, has the 'rona. Mild symptoms, thankfully, but he has closed his shop, told his germy little fencing students to stay home for now, and retreated to his cave.
Estiveoshot_20220323_133611.jpg
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Hope he feels better soon.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

In its wisdom, the gubbermint of the Old North State has reconfigured the COVID-19 Dashboard to provide less information. It now uses CDC ratings to show my county as Low, Medium, or High Risk, and at the present time it's Low. But no actual numbers, because numbers, apparently, are hard.

Sigh. :bored:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:10 pm In its wisdom, the gubbermint of the Old North State has reconfigured the COVID-19 Dashboard to provide less information. It now uses CDC ratings to show my county as Low, Medium, or High Risk, and at the present time it's Low. But no actual numbers, because numbers, apparently, are hard.

Sigh. :bored:
Numbers are revealing.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I finally got my free government home tests! Neighborhood centers have been distributing them, but there were long lines, and the centers ran out early. This time my neighborhood center advertised that it had a lot of tests, so no one would be turned away. Ted & I headed out during my lunch break, about 45 minutes before the center closed. No lines! And I finally picked up 5 tests.

I thanked the workers and told them that I couldn't get the government test kits because there is no USPS delivery in my neighborhood. Then the workers told me that I get 5 tests for everyone in my home. I said I just live with my dog and pointed to Ted hanging out of the car window watching us. "Is that your dog?" Yes. "What's his name?" Ted. They added Ted & my last name on the distribution list. :biggrin:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:

I got my first set of government tests after close to two months. I had already decided that they weren't coming when the finally arrived. I ordered the second set a few weeks ago, and it took three days. My son used the first one yesterday, the first time any of the three of us had to have a test. It was negative, so he just has an awful cold.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”