Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
sad-cafe

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by sad-cafe »

I was in the same bed as my sister when she took her last breaths.

She died early in the morning and the entire 24 hours before I was by her side.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I am sorry for your mother in law
Lani

Post by Lani »

Sequoia32 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:08 pm TRL, it is hard to lose a loved one but knowing you cared for her in the ways she wished should give you some peace. Caregiving, especially at the end of life is very hard.
:bighug: It's the hardest thing we'll ever do, but it is also the best thing we'll ever do. :bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: for you and your family, TRL.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:08 pm Hubby's mom accomplished her death journey at home on April 29, 2022, exactly nine months after being admitted to a hospice program. As Hubby says, "She birthed me." I say, "We gave her the death she wanted and deserved with little, if any pain, on her part and at home." It was a sacred experience for Hubby and for me. We became closer being Team Charlotte. She was a truly good woman who deserved to die as she wished. :bighug:
:bighug:
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Last Monday, W2 (who was looking a bit shaggy) went in to his barber for a hair and beard trim. It’s the only place outside our condo that he’s been unmasked for months. (Beard trimming can’t happen with a mask, of course.)

So Wednesday night at around 10PM, he started coughing and sneezing. Symptoms started piling on. At 4AM he took a Covid home test. Positive. OK, we were packed and ready to catch the bus up to visit Verbalobe and Listeme. Obviously that couldn’t happen. He’s scheduled for an infusion of monoclonal antibodies tomorrow morning via medical taxi.

Thursday night we tested me. Negative. OK, institute whatever social distancing one can do in an 1100 sq ft condo. Sleep in shifts so we aren’t in the room at the same time, he can’t unload the dishwasher, etc., opened the windows as much as we could in a Maine Mud season. Friday I started symptoms. Another negative test. Saturday was miserable all around. Still negative. Finally, Sunday gave me the double pink lines that confirmed I also have Covid.

Mine is worse than his. He’s been attending zoom classes and discussing the books they read, sometimes loudly. He’s been cracking dry gallows humor jokes. For him, it’s bad allergies or a cold. Also his senses of smell and taste are gone. He also had his first ever vertigo attack and thought the building was collapsing. Seriously.

Me, on the other hand… sekret for graphicness:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Worst sore throat ever. Like third degree burns. Plus moderate flu. No energy. Or brains.

Tomorrow I’ll find out what the Covid Clinic wants to do for me. Until then, I’ll be enjoying shots of cough syrup with a Benadryl chaser, close to the bathroom. :faint:

I have cataract surgery coming up May 18. I’m hoping this doesn’t mean I have to change that date. :pray:
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so sorry to hear all of that. I hope you both feel better soon. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

Thank goodness there are new medications, IV and pills, to shorten the time of illness and reduce the symptoms.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Boo hiss, bad COVID!

I hope Tricksey is taking good care of you guys.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:12 am Boo hiss, bad COVID!

I hope Tricksey is taking good care of you guys.
Good care from a safe distance. No covid for Tricksey!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:08 pm Hubby's mom accomplished her death journey at home on April 29, 2022, exactly nine months after being admitted to a hospice program. As Hubby says, "She birthed me." I say, "We gave her the death she wanted and deserved with little, if any pain, on her part and at home." It was a sacred experience for Hubby and for me. We became closer being Team Charlotte. She was a truly good woman who deserved to die as she wished. :bighug:
:handshake:
:brokenheart:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

W4- I hope you get better SOON! :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Tricksy says meow.
71A28F25-E68C-4495-8587-D05E31F07409.jpeg
71A28F25-E68C-4495-8587-D05E31F07409.jpeg (34.74 KiB) Viewed 801 times
She tells me every 5 minutes that Daddy is gone. (Getting monoclonal antibodies)
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Tiredretiredlawyer

Tricksy :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Meow back atcha, beautiful🥰
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Maine has the highest COVID-19 infection rate among all states after reporting more than 1,000 new cases for a second straight day on Wednesday.

The state reported 372 new cases per 100,000 residents over the past seven days, nearly three times higher than the national average of 130 cases, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Maine is followed closely by Rhode Island, Vermont and New York.

Infections have spiked over the past few weeks in Maine and other Northeast states as new and more contagious versions of the virus spread across the region. The omicron BA.2 subvariant and two closely related subvariants – BA.2.12 and BA.2.12.1 – now account for 80 percent of the new infections in Maine, according to data released by the state.

Each of the new strains of the virus is more contagious than the previous versions, although omicron and its subvariants are less likely to cause hospitalizations and deaths than earlier strains. That fact and the high levels of immunity from vaccinations or previous infections are why public health officials are not expecting a surge in hospitalizations like the one that strained the health system in January.

Average case counts have more than tripled in the past three weeks in Maine, while hospitalizations have increased about 60 percent.
https://www.pressherald.com/2022/05/04/ ... -19-cases/

No kidding. W2 got a lovely infusion of monoclonal antibodies, and I’m on a course of Paxlovid**. :boxing: My senses of taste and smell walked out after my afternoon nap. So far still on the getting worse bus but the antivirals should stop that soon.

** Covid Brain is definitely a thing, but W2 is hopeless at medical stuff. Why else would he spend half the day on the phone getting me a scrip for Paxlovid, only to have it called in (at 4:45) to a pharmacy that closes at 5:00? :crying: And not to the one where we know the pharmacy tech WHO WAS AT THE DESK WHEN HE WAS MAKING THE CALLS and was open until 9:00? then woke me up at 5:30 to tell me this? Bless his heart. :whistle:
—Theodore Roosevelt
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's rough. I hope you both start on the way back up soon. :bighug:
June bug

Post by June bug »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:27 pm That's rough. I hope you both start on the way back up soon. :bighug:
Me too! :bighug:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

First precautionary test is negative. If tomorrow's test comes back negative, I get to sleep* in my own bed for the first time in a week!

* or not :P
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug: :heart:
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug: to W4 and Monsieur Vicklund.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Two minutes to go on the second test and only two lines are showing! (This test has two controls, one for the solution and one for mucus, so it is a slightly more accurate)

Negative!
W. Kevin Vicklund

Much smooching just happened. :kiss: :kiss: Now to get lunch.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”