Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by AndyinPA »

Best of luck to all of them and you. That's no way to start a holiday. I'm really sorry.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

The flyover is completed on Rt 10 in RI....Now I need to speak Italian....
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Good for you and the granddaughter SP. Families can be embarrassing, but it's not your fault, apples do roll a long way from the tree sometimes!

I wonder if their attitudes will change after they recover (of course we wish them to)? — I expect not as that denialist contrarianism is often deeply rooted. Do let us know if they have an epiphany!
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

My niece dodged the Covid bullet (and the idiot coworker wasn't fired because they can't afford to lose an employee), so Dr. Vicklund's family was able to get together on Friday. We all took rapid tests before gathering. Dr. Vicklund finally got to meet Da Boyfriend (Niece and BF moved into an apartment together in the time between the Alpha and Delta waves. I came over to help move, and it was a good thing I did - as I was disassembling the bed I discovered a trove of empty condom wrappers about 5 minutes before her parents arrived :oopsy: ).
Lani

Post by Lani »

Throwing in the towel.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug: :bighug: to everyone going through some things .
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Good luck Lani for exciting times – perhaps Orlylicious should book a camera crew and start scripting a new soap opera about your adventures, provisionally called Heaven Moves, aiming to go international, knocking Plus Belle La Vie, Neighbours, EasrEnders, Paradiso, In Aller Freundschaft out of their slots in the schedules.

You would need to practice not tripping over inconveniently positioned subtitles.

It sounds like you have A Good Plan. It might not survive intact but it's always best to have a plan.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Well, that would be fun! A cast of strange peeps speaking pidgin and a wide range of different languages and cultures. Ted the Wonder Dog will be very popular. Toys will be created based on him. I will sue!!!!

A gazillion years ago I read Learned Optimism when I was a mediator, and I've found it to be helpful for my job and my life to this day. Now that I have accepted that I can't continue in my current situation for much longer, I have the tools I need to change. Not sad. Moving forward to new experiences.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Exciting, fun times ahead. Good luck Lani. :thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, what Uninformed said. :thumbsup:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Break a leg, Lani, as they say in the theatre. You were wise to listen to your body. A year from now you will reread your post and wonder why you didn't retire sooner. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Pancake, Mickey and I will travel to Hubby's mom's house for Thanksgiving. It is our family gathering holiday as opposed to Christmas. Her grandmother name is Tutu. Do you recognize that Lani?

Hubby has asked everyone to get a Covid test before the holiday. As of now all are vaccinated, except the gurlzz. They will be playing with a neighbor's child so I am taking some masks for them to wear at her house.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yay, Lani! :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Best wishes Lani!

:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Hidden Content
101010 :towel:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:49 am Pancake, Mickey and I will travel to Hubby's mom's house for Thanksgiving. It is our family gathering holiday as opposed to Christmas. Her grandmother name is Tutu. Do you recognize that Lani?
:snippity:
Indeed I do, Son's current plans include me being a tutu in 3 years. Yet another reason to move to Honolulu.
W. Kevin Vicklund

With my state suddenly jumping into worst place, on Tuesday the CEO of my utility send a company-wide email asking managers to let employees work from home if they were able, and encouraging employees to work from home. So I'm home yesterday and Monday, and my manager hopes to have a remote work policy ready by Tuesday. (My manager has been trying to implement a remote work policy for a while, but the executive director she reports to doesn't want to allow it, as other departments reporting to him didn't do well last year. My department, of course, led the way and was the model everyone else followed. It really rankles some of us that we are being denied remote work when we were the ones proving it could work.)
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Fully vaxxed nephew, wife and 1 of 2 kids (kids are too young to be vaxxed) caught breakthrough cases - found out yesterday. Mrs. Reeve gonna take them groceries tomorrow. Will knock on the door and then run away leaving the groceries at the door. They live 45 minutes from us. Mild symptoms so far (probably cuz they are vaxxed). They think their kid brought it home from day care but not sure.
Lani

Post by Lani »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:25 pm With my state suddenly jumping into worst place, on Tuesday the CEO of my utility send a company-wide email asking managers to let employees work from home if they were able, and encouraging employees to work from home. So I'm home yesterday and Monday, and my manager hopes to have a remote work policy ready by Tuesday. (My manager has been trying to implement a remote work policy for a while, but the executive director she reports to doesn't want to allow it, as other departments reporting to him didn't do well last year. My department, of course, led the way and was the model everyone else followed. It really rankles some of us that we are being denied remote work when we were the ones proving it could work.)
EEOA, ADA & ADEA provide protections and EEOC is pushing employers to provide accommodations including work from home. Age alone (especially 65 and over) is a solid reason to work from home. People with immune disorders, people who have prescriptions for immunosuppressives, heart and lung conditions, etc., should have the right to work in a safe environment such as home. I have an EEOC PPT if you'd like me to email it to you. Your CEO might be interested.

Another thing for a CEO - employees across the nation are leaving, often taking retirement earlier than they had planned because their employers will not let them continue work from home despite proving they can do so successfully.
Hidden Content
W. Kevin Vicklund

Off Topic
The big issue is that some of my work can't be done remote, so that limits what can be done, to a degree. The issue isn't the CEO, it's the executive director. We've never been a good fit in the division, but we got shoved into it when we re-organized to reduce the number of directors, and this director has never really grasped what my department does and how it functions.
On topic, my MIL fell on the basement steps this morning (poured concrete) when she twisted her ankle. Took some EMTs to get her up the stairs, and then she couldn't get into urgent care. So she ended up going to the ER, which of course is overcrowded due to Covid, so it took them forever to see her (but still quicker than going to urgent care :eek: ). No breaks, thankfully, but a sprained ankle is still a long recovery (and she has the same medical problems as Dr. Vicklund).

ETA: she's home now, as well as you could expect.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yikes, WK. Fraught days.

I tested positive today. :( I honestly thought it was just flu. I’ve been in bed for 11 days now, mostly isolated in the spare bedroom. For the first four days - the worst of it - installers were putting in our ductless AC/heater, drilling through the 6” wall next to my bed. :o :roll:
Tomorrow I’ll see my PCP.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

High school classmate died yesterday after being intubated a few days ago. COVID-19. Damn.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:12 pm Yikes, WK. Fraught days.

I tested positive today. :( I honestly thought it was just flu. I’ve been in bed for 11 days now, mostly isolated in the spare bedroom. For the first four days - the worst of it - installers were putting in our ductless AC/heater, drilling through the 6” wall next to my bed. :o :roll:
Damn it. My son and nephew both had break through cases. They ended up OK cuz they were vaxxed. This disease sux. Wishing you the best.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Hugs to all of you. :bighug:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:12 pm Yikes, WK. Fraught days.

:bighug:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”