Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:dog:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I guess this is for real. Pepcid AC in the morning and claritin in the evening. Spinal pain is gone. Late today, my upper back was a bit ouchie, but that's just the usual ache from working on a computer. Even that was minimal.

I can't get over how much better I can walk. Can't wait to show off when I go back to the hospital in January!

For the first time, I walked Mocha today (a very short distance) without using my scooter! It will take awhile to rebuild muscles, but this is still amazing.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Wow, that is amazing and fantastic Lani!! Two OTC medications have given you back your life!

:blissy: :bunny: :girlbutt:
June bug

Post by June bug »

What great news, Lani, and wow do you deserve it!!!
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

June bug wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:52 am What great news, Lani, and wow do you deserve it!!!
:bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Ran a 100.2 fever this week for 19 hours but suddenly recovered back to normal.
I'm assuming the vacs are working at least for now.
(As long as you plug them into the correct USB port).

Amen to all! Including the Hindi job recruiters and the Taylor Swift-style interviews I am faced with come Monday.
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Tiredretiredlawyer

Congrats, Lani!!!!!!

Mojo, so glad you are doing better. I was worried about you!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 am I guess this is for real. Pepcid AC in the morning and claritin in the evening. Spinal pain is gone. Late today, my upper back was a bit ouchie, but that's just the usual ache from working on a computer. Even that was minimal.

I can't get over how much better I can walk. Can't wait to show off when I go back to the hospital in January!

For the first time, I walked Mocha today (a very short distance) without using my scooter! It will take awhile to rebuild muscles, but this is still amazing.
This is indeed good news, but what is the theory as to how this combination works and what it's affecting?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:45 pm
Lani wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 am I guess this is for real. Pepcid AC in the morning and claritin in the evening. Spinal pain is gone. Late today, my upper back was a bit ouchie, but that's just the usual ache from working on a computer. Even that was minimal.

This is indeed good news, but what is the theory as to how this combination works and what it's affecting?
They are both anti-histamines. I take high dose Claritin for joint pain from the chemo and Keytruda..
Excess histamine can cause joint pain, musculoskeletal or connective tissue pain (fibromyalgia), chronic fatigue, bloating, constipation or diarrhea, estrogen dominance and painful menstruation, hypotension, tachycardia or rapid heart rate, dizziness, trouble regulating your body temperature, and trouble sleeping.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Thanks. Would not have associated them with spinal pain.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Thanks Sugar.

Somewhere in here, I also wrote about people who took high amounts of famotidine for 3 days after testing covid positive to reduce inflammation. And some hospitals give it to patients to prevent or reduce a cytokine storm, but research is early.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lani wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:22 pm Thanks Sugar.

Somewhere in here, I also wrote about people who took high amounts of famotidine for 3 days after testing covid positive to reduce inflammation. And some hospitals give it to patients to prevent or reduce a cytokine storm, but research is early.
I remember that. I had thought of buying some to just have in the house, but I don't think I ever did.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:58 pm Thanks. Would not have associated them with spinal pain.
The spine is basically a long string of joints. I had a lot of trouble with my upper vertebra and it helped that pain.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:24 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:58 pm Thanks. Would not have associated them with spinal pain.
The spine is basically a long string of joints. I had a lot of trouble with my upper vertebra and it helped that pain.
I'm literal in some ways. Was thinking antihistamines are mostly for allergies. Didn't associate with joint pain.
Lani

Post by Lani »

About the famotidine, and Christmas .... So we went to the big shopping center. I felt so good from famotidine that I didn't bring my scooter.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Christmas day we had brunch, and exchanged presents. I told them that I hoped they felt better. I know they care about me, and me about them. We went to see the Puss in Boots: The Last Wish cartoon movie. Avatar was too long for me (pain), and they didn't want to see Violent Santa. So cartoon won! We all grew up with a lot at Disney movies when young, and now we've really enjoyed a Disney-ish movie together. The art work was wonderful. The story is that the cat has used up 8 of his 9 years. How will he use it?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dang!

Since about Thursday of last week I've felt like I've been coming down with a cold. I took a Covid test Saturday before I went down to my brother's for the weekend and the test was negative. Saturday night my nose got all stuffed up - classic cold symptoms. I picked up nose spray Sunday morning and just dealt with cold symptoms. Drove back home yesterday. Today it seemed that food didn't taste as intense. Well, that happens when a cold affects your nose, so I mostly didn't think much of it. However, I planned on seeing relatives again tomorrow, so I took a Covid test this evening just to be sure. Dang! Positive right away. Dang.

So there goes my plans for the weekend at my brother's.

I sure hope that the folks I saw this past weekend don't catch my Covid. Not all are vaccinated.

Dang.

As for me, I could swear this is just a cold. My tinnitus is a little worse, and my taste is slightly diminished, but that's about the only difference.

I'll call the clinic in the morning to see what they recommend.

By the way, I've had all the vaccinations.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:42 am Dang!

Since about Thursday of last week I've felt like I've been coming down with a cold. I took a Covid test Saturday before I went down to my brother's for the weekend and the test was negative. Saturday night my nose got all stuffed up - classic cold symptoms. I picked up nose spray Sunday morning and just dealt with cold symptoms. Drove back home yesterday. Today it seemed that food didn't taste as intense. Well, that happens when a cold affects your nose, so I mostly didn't think much of it. However, I planned on seeing relatives again tomorrow, so I took a Covid test this evening just to be sure. Dang! Positive right away. Dang.

So there goes my plans for the weekend at my brother's.

I sure hope that the folks I saw this past weekend don't catch my Covid. Not all are vaccinated.

Dang.

As for me, I could swear this is just a cold. My tinnitus is a little worse, and my taste is slightly diminished, but that's about the only difference.

I'll call the clinic in the morning to see what they recommend.

By the way, I've had all the vaccinations.
:( :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

‘Long COVID happens in kids’: Doctor warns parents not to ignore persistent symptoms
https://wtop.com/health-fitness/2022/12 ... -symptoms/
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, MN-Skeptic, it's only three days since your birthday!

This is no good! Very unfair! I protest! :cussing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I went to a Christmas Eve service and apparently have been gifted for the first time with COVID-19. Hey, I held out for nearly three years.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I am not reading this! :cantlook:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Church’ll do that. Get better, both of you.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Dammit! It ain't fair for MN and pipi to get Covid!!!!!!! I'm going to protest, or boycott or say something to somebody!!!!! :mad:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I knew I didn’t have a temperature last night, but I took it anyway. Yeah, no temperature. But when I cleaned the thermometer off with alcohol, I realized I couldn’t smell that. :o So I smelled my perfume. Nope. Nail polish remover. Nope. Well, dang.

I have a telephone call scheduled with a Covid doctor in 15 minutes.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”