Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

One of our great nieces who had Covid before has come down with it again despite being fully vaccinated. :(

She is doing well. Everyone else in her family has tested negative.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

So I went to the hospital to see a surgeon about my heart. I tried to be calm (lol, didn't work). Last year I was flown back & forth to the hospital to check on everything covid could have caused. The worse thing was a blood clot was found in my heart. Freaked me out because covid can cause clots,which cause heart attacks, loss of limbs, etc. I was told that open heart surgery might be in my future.

BUT NOW IT"S GONE!!!! :thumbsup: :blissy: There is something else that might need heart surgery in the future, but it's minimal surgery, small incision, go home the next day. That doesn't scare me.

I feel so much better. :biggrin: Still have at least 3 more doctors to see...
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: :thumbsup: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I bet that’s a huge load off.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:heart:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:58 pm:heart:
:cheer2: :cheer1: :bunny: :banana:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Fuck yeah! :guntootin:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:12 pm So I went to the hospital to see a surgeon about my heart. I tried to be calm (lol, didn't work). Last year I was flown back & forth to the hospital to check on everything covid could have caused. The worse thing was a blood clot was found in my heart. Freaked me out because covid can cause clots,which cause heart attacks, loss of limbs, etc. I was told that open heart surgery might be in my future.

BUT NOW IT"S GONE!!!! :thumbsup: :blissy: There is something else that might need heart surgery in the future, but it's minimal surgery, small incision, go home the next day. That doesn't scare me.

I feel so much better. :biggrin: Still have at least 3 more doctors to see...
:mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce:
Lani

Post by Lani »

This is another good day. I couldn't get my B12 shots for over a month. Supposedly, the clinic couldn't find any record of the prescription. I contacted my Oahu GP, and he provided it, except he wrote every 4 weeks. Nope - it doesn't last 4 weeks and had been changed to every 3 weeks. So that finally got fixed, too.

AND THEN I had to wait for 4 weeks before an appointment. Finally got the shot today. Whew! I was losing pounds again, and my hair was falling out. (Lucky to have thick hair so it looked ok, other than clogging up the drain.) The clinic nurse scheduled my appointments every 3 weeks for the rest of the year. :)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yay, Lani!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

What a relief it must be Lani! W00t!!
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Great news !!!
Lani

Post by Lani »

Thank you everyone. :bighug: I didn't tell anyone about the clot except my boss when I wanted to move to Oahu, and I was approved. And I want to have time with my son, however long we may have. I feel so much more calmer than I have been for awhile.
June bug

Post by June bug »

I’m so glad for you, Lani. Happy days!!
:grouphug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Very good, excellent news. Tremendous. :thumbsup: ❤️
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Lani wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:41 am Thank you everyone. :bighug: I didn't tell anyone about the clot except my boss when I wanted to move to Oahu, and I was approved. And I want to have time with my son, however long we may have. I feel so much more calmer than I have been for awhile.
Lani - I am glad you finally received the coordinated and timely care we all deserve. It's so important for all your doctors to be on the same page with you taking a holistic approach addressing your ongoing issues. Count your blessings. You are on the mend.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

HOORAY FOR LANI!!!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Danraft wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:46 amGreat news !!!
:yeahthat: :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

And another good thing today. I'm eating. Day One.

I was envious when some members were getting meals brought to their homes, especially during the covid lockdown. Not were I lived. And since I had covid, making a meal is so achy & tiring that I can't eat when the food is ready. Besides food is almost tasteless. Mostly I ate frozen meals, when I ate. I lost 23 lbs.

Recently I wondered if I could get healthy meals delivered in Honolulu. I found one on Oahu, $6 delivery, delivers in my neighborhood 2x a week. Good Clean Food Hawaii. It uses organic products and has choices like paleo, keto, vegetarian, and clean & lean (whatever that is). I wasn't interested in all that, but I gave the business a try.

The meals were delivered today. It's really good food! The meals are large, so I was eating the meal all day. I was not happy to see a big scoop of white rice, but it wasn't rice. It was cauliflower rice. :oopsy: It was delicious, as was the whole meal. Can't say that I could smell/taste all of the meal, but I ate 2/3. Probably will finish it off before sleep or for breakfast.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hooray!!! Food for Lani.

I have had short episodes of inability to taste food. As you probably know by now, eating on a schedule eventually resets hunger then taste. I hope that works for you soon! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Yay, again, Lani. :thumbsup: :bighug:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Yea food!
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

So, we were about 4300 miles out of town for a little over a week. It had been about two and a half years since we'd seen our son and his family as his wife is stationed in Hawaii (he's retired army but she's still active duty). We haven't been on an airplane since sometime before COVID but we figured things have settled down enough and being fully vaccinated we could take the risk. Nope.

First we had a horrible flight out that got delayed in Denver after our scheduled plane went down for unscheduled maintenance on an engine. Nearly five hours later we finally got off the ground in a borrowed plane, after they changed a tire and called in an entirely new crew. The total time from when we arrived at the Indy airport to when we left the one in Honolulu was right at 20 hours. We woke up late the next morning and Mrs. Shizzle was already complaining that she wasn't feeling great but we'd had a really long day with little rest so we didn't think much about it. The following morning she felt like crap and, sure enough, tested positive. We isolated her and I tested every day but kept coming up negative right through the morning we came home. She had three pretty rough days but was feeling decent by the time we left. It had been over five days since she tested positive by that time so we were within CDC guidelines and masked up for the trip.

The flight home wasn't much better with heavy turbulence through most of the redeye flight. Neither of us slept. By the time we got home she had gotten somewhat worse again and I had developed a stuffy nose and a mild cough. According to the test kit I have COVID now too.

Mrs. Shizzle has gotten the worse end of this deal by far. She had nearly all the primary symptoms and saw very little of our son and his family while we were there. She feels worse after the trip home but is slowly recovering again. I've been relatively lucky with what I'm sure is a lot of help from the vaccines. My symptoms have never been worse than a mild head cold along with a little brain fog.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ack, what a nightmare. But you did get to see your son and his fambly, yesno? :?:
Out from under. :thumbsup:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”