Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

OIP (11).jpeg
OIP (11).jpeg (9.26 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

After 2 years of being careful, COVID finally got me. It started out with a stuffy head on Wednesday night; I took a test on Friday morning and it was negative, so I figured it was just a cold. But on Monday there had been no improvement so I took another test and it was positive.

Tuesday (yesterday) was the worst day... my head was stuffed, my lungs were congested, I was TIRED, low fever (100), and I COMPLETELY lost my voice! I've had laryngitis many times, but I've never totally lost my voice; I can't even whisper.

So right now I'm just riding it out. Got plenty of meds and I had to rearrange some meetings. I feel a little "fuzzy" but I think it's just from lack of sleep. I'm glad I'm vaxxed and boosted; I just wish I had gotten around to getting the 2nd booster shot!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Feel better soon! :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug:
:heart:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug: 💕
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Eight more facebook friends tested positive today. Some are having it worse than others, all vaxxed, the vast majority boosted. They were all at Jazzfest, an outdoor venue. Apparently, even being outside isn't as safe as we assumed.

This brings the total of actual people I know that were infected in NOLA to about 30, and that doesn't include the many performers and their band members.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:42 pm Eight more facebook friends tested positive today. Some are having it worse than others, all vaxxed, the vast majority boosted. They were all at Jazzfest, an outdoor venue. Apparently, even being outside isn't as safe as we assumed.
Not in a crowd anyway. At something like that you can be even more in the face of others than say at a restaurant.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:29 pm Feel better soon! :bighug:
Yes! Hoping you get well ASAP!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

Son called today. He has a cold, so he got tested. Positive. And then he found out he didn't have insurance. He had a government job for a project, which recently ended. Previously when he was hired for projects, he had insurance for weeks after the projects were completed and received COBRA info. He called the office and was told nope, last day of work is the last day of insurance, and he isn't getting the COBRA disclosure.

So I found the state office for COBRA info & filing complaints. Also, I gave him the names of the 2 new prescriptions for covid and the dosage for famotidine. (There are more medical papers about fomatidine & covid. Doctors are giving 80mg 3 times a day for no longer than 4 weeks.)

He headed off to urgent care. Got the prescription. Then he was denied the medication b/c he didn't have insurance. He offered a credit card. Nope. I told him that I can send money to his debit card. (We thought medicine was going to be crazy expensive.) Nope. :brickwallsmall:

And then he called me to say that he has the medicine. The doctor took it from the pharmacist and gave it to him. For free. And sent him home. :faint:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I hope he's well soon again. What a run around.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

What’s going on, do pharmacists think they're like Constitutional sheriffs now, the highest medical authority in the chain?
The drug store policy that says insurance company edicts trump anyone? Good on the doctor for doing that!!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

A pharmacist not dispensing to a cash customer? Something doesn't sound right.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Probably not the right thread, and I don't have a link, but the FL school superintendent who fought Desantis about lifting the mask mandate has died of long covid.
Lani

Post by Lani »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:15 pm Probably not the right thread, and I don't have a link, but the FL school superintendent who fought Desantis about lifting the mask mandate has died of long covid.
:crying:

I'm also angry.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

My brother just tested positive, most likely from my dad's funeral. Thank god I decided to sit in the cry room during the Mass and stay on the deck at my mom's after the service. My unvaccinated trumper sister and her fucked up family kept me from seeing my dad a couple of times because they thought it was unreasonable for me to ask that they not be there when I was. I hope she and her idiot kids get it and take ivermectin and suffer from one or the other.

Yeah, I'm in a shitty mood about it because it keeps me from seeing my sweet sister-in-law for our weekly lunch date.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I was just chatting with my Seattle sister. Her wife has been dealing with pancreatic cancer for the past year so they've gone to a lot of medical appointments. Naturally, everyone always wears masks. Anyway, the cancer nurse practitioner they had an appointment with had recently been diagnosed with Covid so they had a video meeting with her instead. My sister's comment - "That's the first time we've seen her face!" Isn't that strange how life is now?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Today, one week from the onset of covid, son tested negative. Starting on his 3rd day, he was very ill, but his temperature did not rise very much. And now he's fine, albeit tired. He had one of the prescription pills that you take at home instead of the IV, and the famotidine 3x day.

He's switched to KN95 masks only, and he's heading out to join a protest.

ETA: maybe he was just lucky, but it's good to know that at-home medicines are now available to help. Also, I can stop worrying....
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Great news, Lani. For both of you! :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

No Covid here for us, but it kept me out of the hospital today to be with hubby who had his first knee surgery today. He's doing fine and should be home tomorrow. It just didn't feel right to sit in the hospital for eight hours. I know so many who have avoided it for two years but are getting it now. He had to give the dates of his vaccinations, but he didn't need the card or have to test before he went in.
Tiredretiredlawyer

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:56 am :bighug:
Thanks. Really need that hug. Turns out he's in a lot of pain and not ready to come home, so he will be going into rehab for a few days up to a week. I wasn't expecting that.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Aw, jeez, Andy. Sending all good thoughts your way. Have some icecream. :heart:
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:12 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:56 am :bighug:
Thanks. Really need that hug. Turns out he's in a lot of pain and not ready to come home, so he will be going into rehab for a few days up to a week. I wasn't expecting that.
What kind of knee surgery? (I’ve had a few, now the proud owner of 2 titanium knee joints.)
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”