Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Foggy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:21 pm Ack, what a nightmare. But you did get to see your son and his fambly, yesno? :?:
I did but a mother who traveled nearly 10,000 miles see her son and grandchildren and saw very little of them is mightily disappointed.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Especially grandkids. For Mrs Shizzle
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

How horrible. If it's any consolation, having Covid and all your vaccines now seems to give you about ten months of very strong immunity. They used to think three months.

My daughter has been exposed literally dozens of times, most of the time wearing a mask at meetings and working at home a lot of the time, although that's likely ending soon. The last time was just last week. She was at a meeting with someone who tested positive the next day, and she's not tested positive. No one in her immediately family has had it yet. I really am beginning to wonder if she is immune after all this time and with so many exposures.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well, DAMN, shizzle!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

The good news is that we both seem to be on the mend except that we want to sleep all the time. I slept a full 10 hours last night which probably hasn't happened in 20 or 30 years. I normally sleep about 6 hours a night. Sleeping in is 7 hours for me. It's just the way I'm wired. I took a two hour nap this afternoon which never, ever happens.

I'm pretty sure neither one of us is going to consider getting on an airplane again anytime soon. We'll go places we can drive and have some control over our surroundings. The kids think they're going to get transferred sometime later this year. The only problem is that they're hoping for Texas. Ugh.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:18 pm The good news is that we both seem to be on the mend except that we want to sleep all the time. I slept a full 10 hours last night which probably hasn't happened in 20 or 30 years. I normally sleep about 6 hours a night. Sleeping in is 7 hours for me. It's just the way I'm wired. I took a two hour nap this afternoon which never, ever happens.

I'm pretty sure neither one of us is going to consider getting on an airplane again anytime soon. We'll go places we can drive and have some control over our surroundings. The kids think they're going to get transferred sometime later this year. The only problem is that they're hoping for Texas. Ugh.
I feel the same way about same way since we both caught it last September while we were on a trip to California. We have a road trip planned for early June. Santa Fe is about a 4.5 hour drive from us. It takes us longer since we like to get out of the car after two hours. Bonus: I could drive the whole way myself since there aren't any scary roads. Raton Pass is fairly high, but not scary. We haven't been in four years, and it has always been one of my favorite places to visit.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Haven't posted for a few days. I have horrible back pain. I was to have surgery, but now no surgeon will treat me b/c of the covid damage. I've had 3 medications including codeine, but all of them have awful side affects. Loss of memory, confusion, can't login, blah, blah. I bought a new cellphone on Sunday, but when I was home, I was locked out. Spent hours trying to fix it, but hard to due without my phone. I have to go to Verizon in the morning. Then I can go to the hospital...
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Best wishes, Lani! I hope you can get some relief!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Big hugs, Lani. Will Mocha kisses help?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

Thanks everyone. It's horrible to be without a phone. I had to email my son, and he used my Uber account to arrange for me to get to Verison. (Fortunately, I can receive calls, but I can't call.) Once there, I was told that the phone can be unlocked if shipped to the mainland for at least about a week to get it fixed. Or I can - I forget the word - strip everything from my phone except google. Everything else would be lost. :crying: But not having a phone is a nightmare. Yes, I'll lose photos and other things. I'm sad, but it's also is awful to not have a phone.

After learning the problem and how to fix it, it takes bout 24 hours.

I needed to get to the hospital, so son arranged for another Uber. To go to Urgent Care,we're supposed to call first. Which I couldn't do, of course. Then people listened to me and really helped me. Saw 3 doctors. Still don't know what can helped with the the pain, but one thing is that I'm can half the pills, spreading the dose later throughout the day. Hopefully it helps.

And I'm thinking about retirement....

And Mocha is cuddling with me. :lovestruck:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Lani wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:52 am And Mocha is cuddling with me. :lovestruck:
That makes everything seem better for a while, doesn't it? :)

I'm glad to hear you're making progress with your other issues and that your son is so helpful!

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Tiredretiredlawyer

:bighug: Mocha
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Moving is really stressful.
Mocha is a love.
F*ck COVID.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

So, one of my dear elder friends who has been exhausted for days (she is 69 but is like energizer bunny) texted me last night. She normally just calls, which she did a few days ago. She just recently in the past few months opened a shop in her downtown in UP Michigan.

The text last night was three words. "I have Covid." No call, just the text.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Hope she's okay. Let us know.

Tiredretiredlawyer

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I think she will be fine. She is not one of these "woe is me" people. She just gets back up. No throwing in the towel. :towel:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:07 pm I think she will be fine. She is not one of these "woe is me" people. She just gets back up. No throwing in the towel. :towel:
On triple thought, I know she will be fine. I flew to Phoenix for a Dave Matthews show. (this is late 90s or early 2000s). The co fans in the row were passing weed. (good shit) My friend she was having nothing to do with all that.

I need to go find some Dave Matthews for the music thread.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

On Thursday, the last day of the public health emergency, I woke up with a sore throat and a prodigious amount of clear snot, then developed a fever, then added a headache. Yesterday, I woke up with the headache and congestion, but by the evening the sore throat came back and my temp spiked to 100.6oF.

Took the home test this morning. It takes 15 minutes to complete, but I knew in less than 15 seconds.

Covid.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Feel better soon. :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Your timing is impeccable, sir, but I wish you a speedy recovery. :bighug:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:22 pm

Took the home test this morning. It takes 15 minutes to complete, but I knew in less than 15 seconds.

Covid.
Oh man, that's bad timing. Feel better soon!

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”