Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by Volkonski »

filly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:51 pm My BFF’s brother died a few hours ago. 53 years old’ leaves a wife , a 18 year old daughter and two sons , 15 and 13. Another preventable tragedy.
:( :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I'm so sorry to hear that, Filly!

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

:crying:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
June bug

Post by June bug »

Sugar and filly,
:crying: :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

Thanks folks. I remember when his mom was pregnant with him. I knew him his entire life. A life cut short unnecessarily by not getting a damned vaccine.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I'm so sorry filly.

My hub has a stress test and some other cardiac tests tomorrow so he's hoping that those docs can do something. We considered the ER but were told it could be a 12 hour wait and the risk of sitting in a waiting room full of sick people at a hospital that is out of beds (according to the newspaper yesterday) was higher than just waiting until tomorrow.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I dont even know what to say about this horrible tragedy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Sugar M and filly, if there's ANYTHING we can do to help you, please let us know.

We all love both of you and we hate to see you suffer.

Sending love and more love, and hope with a little more love sprinkled on top. :lovestruck:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Love to filly and sugar! :bighug: :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our favorite niece in North Carolina who is a public school administrator has Covid. :(

She posted on FB-
PSA: I’ve got COVID. Started with terribly sore and dry throat. Ears bothered me. Very tired. No fever. No cough until third day after sore throat started. Vaccinated and boostered. Didn’t get sick when M***** had it. Didn’t get positive test until third day of symptoms.
Wear your mask. Wash your hands. Get vaccinated.
M***** is her daughter.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

filly wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:17 pm I am very sad. My BFF and I have been friends for nearly six decades. She was an only child for 10 years, then her mom had a baby boy. I found out yesterday that he in in critical condition with COVID pneumonia. The doctors do not think he will make it. He's 53 years old.

For some reason he did not take his first vaccine shot until December 3. Then he and his wife went to a neighborhood party that night!. He's been hospitalized since 12/17.

I don't have all the particulars of his foolish decision regarding vaccination because this isn't the time to pepper my friend with questions, but she is clearly furious about that.

I am sad for my BFF, for the guy's wife and kids and for my BFF's mom, who is nearly 90. Mom knows he's in the hospital but does not know the severity of his illness, although she's beginning to ask questions. I cannot judge how my friend has chosen to deal with her elderly mother. I am not in her shoes and I think my friend knows best.

I am also a bit angry that this family will suffer forever because of one man's bad decisions.
:yeahthat:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

3 nieces and one nephew have tested positive. None were fully vaccinated. :mad:

Olivia, 30
Ryan, 25
Valerie, 28
Evelyn, 5 months (asymptomatic at this time)

So far the 4 family members who've been exposed to the infected are testing negative. The toddler can't be vaxed. 2 are fully vaxed with boosters. 1 is fully vaxed and just qualified for a booster.

Cousin is hanging on. No info about his potential recovery, if he recovers.
LM K

Post by LM K »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:23 pm :bighug: Best of luck to you and your husband, and any others. Hope you stay safe and your husband feels better soon.

Lately, I get nervous whenever I come to this thread, wondering, who's next? :(
I procrastinate visiting this thread for that reason!
LM K

Post by LM K »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:57 am I've seen more ads on tv for cruises in the last month than I ever remember seeing before, including at least a dozen today, many for cruise lines I've never even heard of.

Got an email from a friend today that her brother's whole family has it and had to isolate at some island because they took a cruise "for a break" before he had to start treatment for multiple myeloma. He now has to wait weeks to start his treatment and be isolated for 4 weeks in the hospital while they replace his entire blood volume. Once he's done that, he has to get EVERY VACCINE HE'S EVER HAD again, because the treatment wipes it all out.

What idiot asswipe goes on a cruise because he's starting treatment for a fucking blood cancer? None of them are vaxxed.
Darwin award.
LM K

Post by LM K »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:28 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:23 pm OMG Sugar! Horrifying for both of you! :bighug: :bighug:

One thing that stuck with me from the very beginning of this mess was advice from a nurse - rotate yourself. Lie on your back, both sides, and stomach.

Also, too, a breathing tip from a nurse friend: take as deep a breath as you can, hold it for 5 or as long as you can, let it out. Do that twice, then on the third time instead of holding, cough. It helps clear the lungs, she said.
He moves around a good bit trying to get a breath, and coughing isn't a problem. He physically can't take a deep breath because of the fluid pushing on his lung, and he coughs until he throws up. If the last time is any indication, they're going to have to drain the fluid again before he gets any relief. We're just hoping the other lung doesn't develop the fluid again before they get this one drained, and that whatever is causing it gets corrected.
I recommend that he lay in the "swimmer's position". Hospitals use this position for patients with breathing problems. It open the chest cavity and allows for maximum oxygen.

If you have covid and are in the hospital with difficulty breathing, nurses will put you in swimmer's position. It really helps.
Attachments
IMG_12012022_144322_(500_x_800_pixel).png
IMG_12012022_144322_(500_x_800_pixel).png (453.67 KiB) Viewed 745 times
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I hate this thread - best wishes to Sugar and Filly. Update on my situation which is better. Grandson tested negative again today (so did his Mama). Fever gone. Mrs. Reeve had to go there today to deliver tests and hold him down while his Mama shoved a stick up his nose. He hates having a stick shoved up his nose even if it his Mama doing it - this is a reasonable reaction, especially when you are 2.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

filly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:21 pm Thanks folks. I remember when his mom was pregnant with him. I knew him his entire life. A life cut short unnecessarily by not getting a damned vaccine.
:bighug: So tragic. I'm so sorry.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
LM K

Post by LM K »

And now my 3 year old niece has covid.

Thankfully both babies are asymptomatic at this time.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

LM K wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:48 pm And now my 3 year old niece has covid.

Thankfully both babies are asymptomatic at this time.

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

My husband has pretty much recovered, although he’s still a little fatigued and has a lingering cough. I’m back home after isolating the full 10 days.

I’m so relieved. I was so worried, particularly when it moved into his lungs.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My recovery isn’t linear. For the first month post-COVID I was mucho fatigued, spent a lot of time snoozing and reading. Even now, I need a day to recover from two days of what once was normal, day-to-day.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Maybenaut wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:14 am My husband has pretty much recovered, although he’s still a little fatigued and has a lingering cough. I’m back home after isolating the full 10 days.

Yay!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

scirreeve wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:05 am
Maybenaut wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:14 am My husband has pretty much recovered, although he’s still a little fatigued and has a lingering cough. I’m back home after isolating the full 10 days.

Yay!
:yeahthat: :blissy:

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”