Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by Phoenix520 »

I cut my hair short at the beginning of the pandemic - too short at first, I looked exactly like my brother - but I’ve settled on “earlobe length Is time for a trim”. The cut makes my wavy hair look all wild and curly some days; other days it’s kinda straight but I love it.

I have worn a bra only once or twice, though. :biggrin: In my hippy days I was perky and few noticed. Now, though, it’s more obvious and I’ve discovered I DONT CARE!
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:00 am I cut my hair short at the beginning of the pandemic - too short at first, I looked exactly like my brother - but I’ve settled on “earlobe length Is time for a trim”. The cut makes my wavy hair look all wild and curly some days; other days it’s kinda straight but I love it.

I have worn a bra only once or twice, though. :biggrin: In my hippy days I was perky and few noticed. Now, though, it’s more obvious and I’ve discovered I DONT CARE!
I'm Uncle Fester bald and haven't worn a bra since 1976 and I DON'T CARE EITHER!!!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

YAY!! WE DON’T CARE!!
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:00 am I cut my hair short at the beginning of the pandemic - too short at first, I looked exactly like my brother - but I’ve settled on “earlobe length Is time for a trim”. The cut makes my wavy hair look all wild and curly some days; other days it’s kinda straight but I love it.

Ditto. I lurves ya. Hero!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Back at ya, hero. You’ve handled a lot, much of it would have devastated a lesser being. :lovestruck: .
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:44 pm

Me four!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:33 am
Patagoniagirl wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:44 pm

Me four!
Yeah, yeah, but does Foggy wear a bra?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

No, but dang, did you see his hair?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I envy you no bra folks. For me it is extremely uncomfortable not to wear a bra to walk, run, ride a horse, be seen in public, do stuff around the house, sit and read, be around my grown sons or grandgurlzz.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

No-one is ever impressed when I don't wear my Bra. :(
Hic sunt dracones
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Oddly enough, I've started wearing a bra during the pandemic.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:21 am
Reminds me of an old joke:

Fogbow member: Hey Foggy… I see you’re wearing a bra now. When did that start?

Foggy: The day my wife found it in the glove box.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:45 am
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:21 am
Reminds me of an old joke:

Fogbow member: Hey Foggy… I see you’re wearing a bra now. When did that start?

Foggy: The day my wife found it in the glove box.
That's been passed around in one "fashion " or another for a long time and I laugh every time! 😆
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:hide:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! My niece's coworker lied about being vaccinated and ignored company masking policy and just returned from Covid leave. Now another coworker, who was vaccinated and following protocols, is positive and symptomatic, and my niece was exposed to her on Saturday. (Everyone is sure the lying sack of shit is the plague rat). We were supposed to get together on Friday for Thanksgiving dinner, assuming everyone passed their rapid test. Now? Who the fuck knows.

:explode:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:torches:
W. Kevin Vicklund

In more positive news, my company just sent an email that everyone who doesn't submit proof of vaccination by next Monday will be treated as if they are unvaccinated. I was recently told that a number of our skilled tradesmen have been lying about their status so they don't have to wear a mask. I take no chances - I'm masking up every time I leave my desk, and any time I have someone stop by for a discussion.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Lost a friend at work. Our office is 100% remote, and we meet via Zoom multiple times over the course of our work week (Friday starting at 1900 and ending at 0800 Monday, 3x14 hour shifts). Our employer, one that does many stuffs with the US Federal government, is requiring vax or out so we can keep those Federal contracts. One dood, who objects to be treated like a "medical experiment", started ranting about YooToobz that show the ebil vaccine testing, that J&J is trying to kill people. The meeting got quiet and I said "Who gets their facts on vaccines from farkin' Youtoobz? I prefer my medical facts from medical scientists".

That was 3 weeks ago. Ain't heard a peep outta him, provided unacknowledged assistance on multiple occasions (via Microsoft Teams chat groups) and while the guy is technically competent, still believes Mr. Obama was born in Kenya.

Blergh.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Plague Rat LSOS tried telling my niece "people our age shouldn't be scared of covid." My niece fired back "I'm scared I'll spread it to my family, some of whom are immunocompromised. And I just lost an aunt because she caught it from an antivaxxer." The aunt in question was her mom's favorite aunt I reported on earlier. Plague Rat slunk away and won't even make eye contact. My niece is awesome.

Funny story: I've known about my niece's existence for longer than her grandparents have. Just before I met Dr. Vicklund, my BIL told her he had gotten his then-girlfriend (now wife) pregnant (antibiotics can negate birth control). He wanted to warn her before before he told their parents. So Dr. Vicklund warned me, so I wouldn't get blind-sided by any blowback. In the end, I didn't really get any negative pushback, but at Thanksgiving Dr. Vicklund's parents gave her "The Talk" because we had been sitting on the couch together, reading - just like her brother and his girlfriend had done. Mind you, Dr. Vicklund was 21 at the time, and I was in the other room. Talk about mortifying!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Add one more coworker down from the covid. He and his wife are fully vax'ed but no booster. Attended a wedding in Central Oregon last week deep in spreadneck country, and returned on his deathbed. Hospital is having to perform extraordinary measures to keep him alive.

He's slightly over 30 days to retirement - Dec 31.

Ugh.

We are all going to know someone affected or dead before this is over.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

My son left Virginia yesterday with his family to go visit Great Grandma in Oklahoma. They made it to Nashville last night and he got very sick. My Daughter in law took him to the clinic and he tested positive for Covid. He is vaccinated w/J&J. Now they’re headed straight back home. MrD and I were supposed to leave Tuesday to go the cousin’s house in Philly for Thanksgiving but there is no way I can leave here with them sick, and now my D-I-L and granddaughter both have fevers and they aren't even home yet. :faint:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Oh no!
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Terrible news. :(
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Two of my daughters and son-in-law tested positive last night, all unvaccinated. They all seem to be doing fairly well at the moment. I partly blame my idiot sister-in-law who lives with them a good part of the time and has never met a conspiracy theory she didn't like. It's so bad that the older daughter threatened to disown our 18 year old granddaughter if she got vaccinated. The granddaughter recently moved a few states away and doesn't share her mother's views. She got the first jab when she came over to visit us before she left and the second a couple of weeks after she moved. We're the only ones in the family that know.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

So sorry to hears these stories. :(

:bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”