Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Lani

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by Lani »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:11 pm Text from Dad:
Mom okay, but back in hospital. COVID back. Will know more in morning
Big hugs & lots of love for you and your family. :grouphug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

scirreeve wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:37 pm My stepson has recovered and tested negative. Back to teaching today. Still has the no taste thing but seems to be OK other than that.
That's great news!
W. Kevin Vicklund

I told Dad to make sure he takes care of himself.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:thumbsup: to scirreeve, and :bighug: to WKV.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat: :grouphug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Update on Mom: she started having trouble breathing so went and had her lungs looked at right away this time. She has a bit of pneumonia, probably remnants from a few weeks ago that are starting to flare up, but they caught it early.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good news!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I just found out my youngest sister tested positive for Covid. She is vaccinated but somewhat immune compromised. She called her doctor right away and will be getting the monoclonal antibodies. A friend from Uganda, also vaccinated, has been staying with her, waiting for a medical procedure here. The friend has also tested positive, but she’s asymptomatic. Unfortunately the medical procedure will have to be delayed.

I am so tired of this pandemic!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I came down with a bit of a cold on Thursday, sneezing and stuffed up head.

I was supposed to go do my one day a week 4 hour work shift on Friday morning, opening up a friends news agency shop. I wasn't going in with even a slight cold serving customers and I didn't know how long it would last, so I called him up Thursday morning so he could get somebody to cover (probably himself) in time and declared that I was going to get a Covid test, just to be sure. (I am 'double' vaxed).

Took a couple of symptom suppressing tablets and went to bed. The cold was gone on Friday morning and I could have gone to work with no problems.

Didn't bother getting the test, and I feel a little guilty about that, but I would have had to quarantine till the results came back (I think its down to 24-36 hours now?) and miss 2 dinners with friends we haven't seen in at least 6 months during lock down and the first day of Croquet since lock down ended. I'm a bad boy for that I guess.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

keith wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:09 am I came down with a bit of a cold on Thursday, sneezing and stuffed up head.

I was supposed to go do my one day a week 4 hour work shift on Friday morning, opening up a friends news agency shop. I wasn't going in with even a slight cold serving customers and I didn't know how long it would last, so I called him up Thursday morning so he could get somebody to cover (probably himself) in time and declared that I was going to get a Covid test, just to be sure. (I am 'double' vaxed).

Took a couple of symptom suppressing tablets and went to bed. The cold was gone on Friday morning and I could have gone to work with no problems.

Didn't bother getting the test, and I feel a little guilty about that, but I would have had to quarantine till the results came back (I think its down to 24-36 hours now?) and miss 2 dinners with friends we haven't seen in at least 6 months during lock down and the first day of Croquet since lock down ended. I'm a bad boy for that I guess.
Here's hoping it really was just a cold and you didn't expose your friends. We can get rapid results here in about 20 minutes.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My eight-year-old grandson came down with a bad cough and was really sick last Monday. They kept him home from school. Did a home test, and he was negative, but he was not allowed back into school until he had a different test from the pediatrician. He missed two days of school, but they followed Pittsburgh Public School protocols. He will soon be getting his vaccine! :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Sorry about your sister and friend, MN-Skeptic! :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:16 am Here's hoping it really was just a cold and you didn't expose your friends. We can get rapid results here in about 20 minutes.
Yeah I know. But it didn't happen.

It was barely a cold, a few sneezes was just about the extent of it. I wear a mask ALL THE TIME even outdoors. And I had no symptoms at all by the time I was meeting friends. Even so, I almost didn't attend the restaurant dinner which was a months delayed birthday dinner for ME.

Furthermore, you can't get into a restaurant in Melbourne unless you are fully vaxed and you must provide proof (Government supplied app on the mobile phone). And every restaurant I have visited does a proper check - so they are doing a good job (IMHO).

I am extremely confident that I didn't pass on the cold, let alone a dose of Covid.

But I really didn't "do the right thing" by skipping the test.

We don't have rapid test here. Results are usually provided within 36 hours. Instructions say allow 2 days, if you haven't heard after 3 days, call the testing station to find out what is going on. And you must isolate until you get your results.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

keith wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:25 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:16 am Here's hoping it really was just a cold and you didn't expose your friends. We can get rapid results here in about 20 minutes.
Yeah I know. But it didn't happen.

It was barely a cold, a few sneezes was just about the extent of it. I wear a mask ALL THE TIME even outdoors. And I had no symptoms at all by the time I was meeting friends. Even so, I almost didn't attend the restaurant dinner which was a months delayed birthday dinner for ME.

Furthermore, you can't get into a restaurant in Melbourne unless you are fully vaxed and you must provide proof (Government supplied app on the mobile phone). And every restaurant I have visited does a proper check - so they are doing a good job (IMHO).

I am extremely confident that I didn't pass on the cold, let alone a dose of Covid.

But I really didn't "do the right thing" by skipping the test.

We don't have rapid test here. Results are usually provided within 36 hours. Instructions say allow 2 days, if you haven't heard after 3 days, call the testing station to find out what is going on. And you must isolate until you get your results.
I'd trade the rapid test for mandatory proof of vax in a heartbeat. Australia is doing it so much better than the US.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Foggy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:38 pm Sorry about your sister and friend, MN-Skeptic! :bighug:
Me too! :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Update on Mom: They took her off supplemental oxygen Saturday. She was able to make 3 laps around the room before running out of breath, rather than the two laps during the week. She's in for at least another day, though I suspect longer.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah but your mom is improving, it seems. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Mom is home! Doctors warned her that its going to take a long time to recover (with the implication that she had ended up back at the hospital because she pushed too hard). I reminded her that she has a grandbaby she needs to meet in a few months.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Great news, Kevin! :cheer1:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Hooray for Kevin's mom!!!!!!!!

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”