Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:07 pm And Mrs. Dr? Does she have symptoms?
Take care you you both.
We were potentially exposed a week ago, so far I have no symptoms. Dr. Vicklund didn't show any symptoms prior to her booster shot Wednesday, and the symptoms she does have are the same as after her previous shots. Also, she went off her immunosuppressants three days before exposure to maximize the immune response, so hopefully that helped. And the great news is my mom is still symptom free. I should add my parents* are both cancer survivors; 15 years ago Mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer three months before Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer and three months later Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer (unrelated to the first, no metastases). Mom had a relapse and had to get a radical mastectomy when the lumpectomy missed some of the cancer, but they're both 10+ years in remission. Mom turned 74 on Wednesday, this was not the birthday present she was looking for.

*My mom divorced my father when I was three and remarried when I was 5; my father passed in 2004 and I've taken the opportunity to start calling my stepdad 'Dad' (but not father, I reserve that for my bio-father) and have for a long time referred to them as my parents when my father or his family wasn't present.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Thank you all for the well-wishes for me and my family. I will keep you informed in the days ahead. Fortunately, I am able to work from home while I await results.

:grouphug:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Family. :bighug: How kind of you to take mind of your father’s feelings.

Happy birthday to your mom. Mine did not survive her breast cancer. She died 2 months before her 64th after fighting for nearly 20 years.
W. Kevin Vicklund

My results came back already. "Not detected (negative)"

:blissy:

Dr. Vicklund's are also in, but she's still asleep, so I won't find out for a few more hours.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:20 am My results came back already. "Not detected (negative)"

Dr. Vicklund's are also in, but she's still asleep, so I won't find out for a few more hours.
:thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
W. Kevin Vicklund

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:20 am My results came back already. "Not detected (negative)"

Negative!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yay! :bighug:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Great news!
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Friday, youngest son, the one who was in the horrible accident six years ago, was hit like a tin of bricks with a fever, aches, terrible coughing and weakness. I have been vaccinated and wear a mask. He has refused to be vaccinated. What would one call killing themselves slowly? He doesn't, and hasn't wanted to continue for several years now.

I took him for a Covid test on Friday. Over the weekend he has become worse and this morning I got the call that he is positive. The clinic called in for Z-Pack? And an order for mono clonal infusion at the local hospital.. He refuses (for right now).

Nick had Respiratory Distress Syndrome in the trauma hospital, and battled pneumonia twice there. He is highly susceptible to lung infections. While my main concern is him, I now have quarantined and will continue to do so, making it impossible to take my mother for her appointments and shopping until this is resolved.

This is a horrible mess for everyone here, in a county with less than 37% of people vaccinated, one of them being my son.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:17 pm Friday, youngest son, the one who was in the horrible accident six years ago, was hit like a tin of bricks with a fever, aches, terrible coughing and weakness. I have been vaccinated and wear a mask. He has refused to be vaccinated. What would one call killing themselves slowly? He doesn't, and hasn't wanted to continue for several years now.

I took him for a Covid test on Friday. Over the weekend he has become worse and this morning I got the call that he is positive. The clinic called in for Z-Pack? And an order for mono clonal infusion at the local hospital.. He refuses (for right now).

Nick had Respiratory Distress Syndrome in the trauma hospital, and battled pneumonia twice there. He is highly susceptible to lung infections. While my main concern is him, I now have quarantined and will continue to do so, making it impossible to take my mother for her appointments and shopping until this is resolved.

This is a horrible mess for everyone here, in a county with less than 37% of people vaccinated, one of them being my son.
I wish I could do more than say good luck, but good luck anyway.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Gosh PG, that's horrible for everybody, your son, you, your mum, all.

Any sort of breathing problems are always scary at a visceral level, so it's understandable that your son is reluctant to return to places he feels are places of pain or distress. Hospitals are not a happy place to be these days.

People make their own health decisions. Sometimes they are objectively wrong, like trumpists' refusal to be vaccinated and self-dosing with garbage medications, but more reasonable people make the decisions to fit their own hopes and fears, and those decisions can sometimes be difficult for those who love them.

Good luck to all.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Best of luck, PG. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Sequoia32
Verified:

Post by Sequoia32 »

I am so sorry, PG.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:crying: :crying: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Jeez. :bighug: :brokenheart:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:17 pm Friday, youngest son, the one who was in the horrible accident six years ago, was hit like a tin of bricks with a fever, aches, terrible coughing and weakness. I have been vaccinated and wear a mask. He has refused to be vaccinated. What would one call killing themselves slowly? He doesn't, and hasn't wanted to continue for several years now.

:grouphug:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:( :bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

PGirl, I’m so, so sorry. :brokenheart: :bighug:
slq

Post by slq »

PGirl :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Lani

Post by Lani »

:( :bighug: I hope he will accept the monoclonal antibody infusion. :pray: There's a small window of time for it to be useful.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”