Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Lani

Post by Lani »

And btw, when the vision problems increased, I knew I could cause harm. I just stopped driving. It was the right thing to do.

I lent my car to my son. The deal is that he drives me when I need a car. (Not always possible.) I will probably sell the Accord at some time.

When I moved to Oahu, I choose a neighborhood that is walk-able, has 2 dog parks, and is within 2 miles of most stores, Kaiser clinic, etc. Also I have a ground unit (only one step) and a fenced yard that a dog would appreciate. I knew what was coming, even if the doctors didn't. It was a good choice.

I have my mobility scooter. It only goes 4 miles an hour, but that's ok. I get to drive on sidewalks! Most places I need are nearby. Rarely need to call Lyft or son.

Retirement is on the horizon....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lani wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:18 am And btw, when the vision problems increased, I knew I could cause harm. I just stopped driving. It was the right thing to do.

I lent my car to my son. The deal is that he drives me when I need a car. (Not always possible.) I will probably sell the Accord at some time.

When I moved to Oahu, I choose a neighborhood that is walk-able, has 2 dog parks, and is within 2 miles of most stores, Kaiser clinic, etc. Also I have a ground unit (only one step) and a fenced yard that a dog would appreciate. I knew what was coming, even if the doctors didn't. It was a good choice.

I have my mobility scooter. It only goes 4 miles an hour, but that's ok. I get to drive on sidewalks! Most places I need are nearby. Rarely need to call Lyft or son.

Retirement is on the horizon....
Way to take good care of yourself! :thumbsup: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

Thanks!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

Saw the eye doctor. He said double vision (and night blindness and other things) wasn't from covid, just get more eyeglasses. Listed me for cataract surgery - months away. OK for me. But he didn't care that my eyeglasses didn't change anything.

Surprisingly, a different ophthalmologist now wants to meet me. :o Don't know what that's about!

Meanwhile, EEOC has new info on working with long covid employees and linked to JAN (Job accessibility network), which in turn referred to https://www.longcovid.org/. It's a UK website, but includes everyone. The UK and EU countries are far better than US re information because they have medical care for all.

If you are having concerns about long covid, you might want to look at the UK & EU information.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Lani, I want to thank you for talking to us about your long COVID problems. I don’t know who else here is having some of those symptoms but not as intense as yours, but I am. Double vision, periods where I feel as though I’m going to pass out but don’t, and terrible congestion that woke me up in a panic at night cuz I couldn’t breathe.

I started taking famotadine and Claritin about a week ago. The congestion has completely cleared up. My brain fog is lifting. I haven’t had a double vision episode so far. Bonus: no reflux!
I got tangled up in a mess of chair legs and small excited dog while watching my mr give a raven a ride on a broom, and went boom on my knees so I can’t say the joint pain is any better yet but I see my chiropractor tomorrow, and I expect that too will improve.

Thanks 🙏🏻 So.much. So much :bighug:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Thank you so much! I hoped to help people who also have long covid. There isn't much info in the US, but the UK and EU have a lot of info. Famotadine changed my life! I still have some events that aren't helped, especially my vision. But it's getting better. :biggrin:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Now it's affecting my vision. I can't see Lani's avatar! :cantlook:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Dr. Vicklund's father thought he had a cold (but did test negative for Covid) until he found out that everyone else who attended his latest band practice (bagpipes) came down with Covid. EVERYONE. We're hoping that Dr. Vicklund's mom didn't yet have it when she took Dr. Vicklund to an appointment on Wednesday. Dr. Vicklund's mom has many of the same health issues.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

hubby's uncle has covid.

his wife is a maga nut job and convinced him not to get vaxxed. He is having a rough time and said fuck it and got paxlovid.

Pisses me off because we spent all last saturday with him . Got tested at school and still no covid so far. I am vaxed and boosted. I have no immune system so I am thankful.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Dr. Vicklund's parents both have confirmed Covid (they were the source of our exposure), but we have tested negative so far. We both have something though. I ended up taking today off work.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

My dad has it. :(

I got a text from my sister, he's quarantined for 5 days. I haven't talked to him yet, he doesn't get up early.

:pray:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

My sister was an RN. She is extremely good in this situation. I trust her to do the best for my dad.

But if I have to drive up there today, it's what I will do. :shrug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

'Course, I can't drive up there - that's the horrible thing about it, there's absolutely nothing I can do to help.

And my sister just texted me, he's not doing well and the nurse called 911, so he's on the way to the hospital and she'll send me updates.

DAMMIT I hate this. :mad: Of all things in the world, being helpless is the worst.

This sucks, I won’t deny it.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Really sorry. I hope he does well in the hospital and is soon on his way back home. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

He’ll be much better off in the hospital than home, Fogs. I’m sorry.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Hoping for the best Foggy!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

They - I know this is weird - but my sister, who was an RN at a hospital for several years, as I said, texted me that he's being sent back to his retirement community, to the skilled nursing facility in the basement, basically, and she said "they're discharging him now, who knows how long it will take".

Which I guess means they admitted him and then turned around and discharged him, all in about in four hours, which like I said seems a little weird to me, but whatevs.

He's been in the skilled nursing facility before, it's very good and it means he'll be back upstairs in his apartment ... well, I have to learn more about that.

But he's not on death's door, or they wouldn't be kicking him out of the hospital.

:thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good news. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

We've decided to let him sleep and not bother him with phone calls.

He's safe, he's got what he needs, he must be semi-OK or they wouldn't have booted him from the hospital.

We'll call tomorrow and find out what the foreseeable future has in store.

I think he's going to make it to his 95th birthday. He's a tough old dude.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm going to my hospital frequently in the next 2 months to check on my covid damage. The one that worries me the most is the aorta blood clot. Hopefully, it's still small or shrinking.

Yes, I'm stressed. :( However, I am glad that hospital staff realized that I had covid and helped me.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:09 pm
I think he's going to make it to his 95th birthday. He's a tough old dude.
Wishing that comes true :daydreaming:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, he's on his way back to the hospital, he wasn't doing well at skilled nursing. My sister will stay with him until he gets a room.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”