Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by AndyinPA »

filly wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:25 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:20 pm I'm so sorry. And I agree with your last sentence.
Thank you Andy. They let his wife visit him on Sunday (another indicator the doctors are not encouraged). I asked my friend if she was able to visit and her response was "No, and even if I could THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM GOING INTO A COVID WARD." She added she would be open to FaceTime if he wasn't on a ventilator. :cry:
:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Welp, my husband tested positive for covid. I’m negative. No idea where he got it - we’ve been careful.

We used on/go antigen home tests, so I don’t know what variant he has. He’s got the same symptoms he got from the second dose - low-grade fever, body aches, chills, fatigue. But his breathing is OK - no congestion or coughing. He had symptoms for a couple days before he finally agreed to let me test him.

So I’m exposed. I’m going to risk not isolating from him, but we’re both isolating from the rest of the world (I honestly think if I was going to get it from him I’d have it already). But I’ll know more in a few days.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I wish you both the best!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m so sorry, filly.

💗
Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:47 pm I’m so sorry, filly.

💗
Me, too. :(

:bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:19 pm Welp, my husband tested positive for covid. I’m negative. No idea where he got it - we’ve been careful.

We used on/go antigen home tests, so I don’t know what variant he has. He’s got the same symptoms he got from the second dose - low-grade fever, body aches, chills, fatigue. But his breathing is OK - no congestion or coughing. He had symptoms for a couple days before he finally agreed to let me test him.

So I’m exposed. I’m going to risk not isolating from him, but we’re both isolating from the rest of the world (I honestly think if I was going to get it from him I’d have it already). But I’ll know more in a few days.
:bighug: :towel:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hugs to husband. Wear a mask around him.

Mr520 got it around the same time as i did but his symptoms were mild. He’s boosted; I was not.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

:boxing: Fingers crossed for Maybeland. :pray:

Remember my post from Christmas?
We don’t really celebrate Christmas here at Stately W Manor. We do give gifts to our adopted family (actually Listeme’s sisters and their kids.) We had the youngest two over last night [Christmas Eve] to pick up packages and various stuff and to catch up.
Well, on the 27th we got a panicked message from one of them saying her boyfriend had tested positive and she was afraid she’d brought the virus to us.

He has minor symptoms and everyone else in the family continues to test negative. We’re fine. But W2 has acquired test kits just in case. :boxing:
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:19 pm Welp, my husband tested positive for covid. I’m negative. No idea where he got it - we’ve been careful.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

I do so hope that everyone recovers well and that the rest of us stay well.

My husband is supposed to be going to Oklahoma for training at the beginning of February. Ugh. I am expecting the worst.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug: :bighug: to all.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
June bug

Post by June bug »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:31 pm :bighug: :bighug: to all.
Me too to everyone!
:grouphug:
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:51 pm Hugs to husband. Wear a mask around him.

Mr520 got it around the same time as i did but his symptoms were mild. He’s boosted; I was not.
I decided not to risk exposure since I currently don’t have it. So I am now isolating from him at the cabin. And I will isolate from the rest of the world. We’re very fortunate to be able to do this so easily. If he needs anything the cabin is right next-door to the house so I can do whatever I need to do for him. I’ll only go into town and get anything if it’s something we don’t already have down here at the cabin, and if it’s an absolute emergency. Otherwise, he’s going to have to do without.

ETA: I’m at the cabin, he’s at the house. He’s well enough to grab his own food, so he doesn’t need me to make it for him.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:bighug: for your plight and :thumbsup: for your very sensible and appropriate response.

I hope you don't get infected, good luck!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug: Best of luck to you and your husband, and any others. Hope you stay safe and your husband feels better soon.

Lately, I get nervous whenever I come to this thread, wondering, who's next? :(
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

So sorry - as you probably know the Reeves had the same situation last month. We pulled through OK and so will you.
filly

Post by filly »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:14 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:51 pm Hugs to husband. Wear a mask around him.

I decided not to risk exposure since I currently don’t have it. So I am now isolating from him at the cabin. And I will isolate from the rest of the world. We’re very fortunate to be able to do this so easily. If he needs anything the cabin is right next-door to the house so I can do whatever I need to do for him. I’ll only go into town and get anything if it’s something we don’t already have down here at the cabin, and if it’s an absolute emergency. Otherwise, he’s going to have to do without.

ETA: I’m at the cabin, he’s at the house. He’s well enough to grab his own food, so he doesn’t need me to make it for him.
All the best to your husband and to you!
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

You’ll come back to find he’s completely rewired the place, or added 2 bathrooms or something. :biggrin:
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Whatever4 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:28 am You’ll come back to find he’s completely rewired the place, or added 2 bathrooms or something. :biggrin:
Well, I’d be satisfied with just one new bathroom. The place has five bathrooms, but there isn’t one close to where I sleep.

He texted this am, said he’s still very tired, but the headache is gone and the body aches are easing up. He had night sweats last night, which is new. Breathing is still OK, but he has a bit of a sore throat. Taste and smell still OK.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:39 am He had night sweats last night, which is new.
Night sweats is a new and common symptom of Omicron.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:bighug: filly and maybenaut.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

Update: I’m still negative, still isolating at the cabin. Yesterday I had to go in the house to get stuff I need for work, and we were both masked, but still negative today.

My husband feels like shit on a stick. Three days ago he was like, if this headache and body aches would just go away, I can deal with whatever else this throws at me. When those were gone and replaced by a sore throat and alternating sweats and chills, he was like, I kinda miss the headache and body aches.

He promised me that he’s not being stubborn about going to the hospital - even though he feels shitty, he honestly doesn’t think it’s that serious. And he says the last thing he wants is to go to the hospital only to have them say he has to wait all day in the parking lot before he can be seen. He’d rather stay home. If he spikes a fever or his oxygen drops, he’s going in. But his temperature and oxygen are both normal, chloroseptic spray seems to ease the sore throat, and dayquil/nyquil help to ease the other symptoms. His biggest complaint is fatigue.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Best wishes for his full recovery. :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, I hope Maybeseaux feels better soon. :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
filly

Post by filly »

Continued good wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery!

If it gives you any solace that your hubby is not alone in this, our two friends 3x vaxxed who have Covid aren't breezing through it either. One has been not feeling great for 10 days now. Feels like shit for a few days, then better, then shit. The other has been banished to their vacation home and has the headache, bad "cold" symptoms, very scratchy throat and fatigue. Mr. Filly talked to him yesterday and said he sounded terrible.

So, even breakthrough COVID is no walk in the park. Both of these guys are under 65 with no other health conditions.

I am fervently hoping your husband is on the upswing very soon!

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”