Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
MN-Skeptic

Re: Coronavirus on a Personal Basis

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:55 pm He should hear by tomorrow. His band has a gig Friday night. He doesn’t feel sick but he wouldn’t if he’s vaccinated and has it. He’d just spread. :puke:
According to this study, he may not be contagious for very long, especially compared to an unvaccinated person.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:01 am RDU Airport, Terminal 2, taken at 5:50 am, EVERYBODY is wearing a mask. The whole airport.

:biggrin:

Is the oyster bar there open that early in the morning? That was my go to place when I used to spend time in RDU.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

This one hurts. A lot. Lee was my first Sgt after I got out of the academy, and we remained friends all these years.
https://www.wlbt.com/2021/08/04/hinds-c ... ted-death/
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Hinds County Sheriff Lee Vance has died, weeks after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

Cpt. Tyree Jones confirmed the information Wednesday.

According to Hinds County Coroner Sharon Grisham-Stewart, Vance died from natural causes due to COVID-19. His death will be labeled as a “COVID related death.”
Vance was in his first term as Hinds County Sheriff.

Previously, he was a longtime officer with the Jackson Police Department, serving as chief from 2014 to 2017.

He served for more than 30 years with the department.

Vance was diagnosed with COVID-19 late last month. Vance had been fully vaccinated against the virus.
The news comes a couple of weeks after we reported a COVID outbreak at the Hinds County Detention Center and Work Center in Raymond. At the time, 60 detainees tested positive for the virus, as had 14 employees.

The outbreak also impacted several leaders within the sheriff’s office, including Vance, Undersheriff Allen White and Cpt. Tyree Jones. Jones has recovered from the virus, testing negative for it last week. White, meanwhile, has been released from the hospital after he was admitted for COVID-related double-pneumonia.
Our fuckwitted Gov:
“Gov. Reeves has no intention to implement mask mandates or business restrictions. Mississippians have made it clear that they are ready to get back to work,” Martin’s statement continued. “At the height of the pandemic Mississippi, had almost 232,000 unemployment claims. Today, there are approximately 20,000. Gov. Reeves will continue to implement policies that keep businesses open and Mississippi’s economy rolling.”

On Aug. 4, 2020, when Reeves first declared a statewide mask mandate, 1,074 new cases of COVID-19 were reported. A year later, 2,821 new cases were reported by the state department of health.
Yesterday, there were 6 ICU beds open in the entire state of MS.

Fuck these people. Fuck all these people.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:32 am This one hurts. A lot. Lee was my first Sgt after I got out of the academy, and we remained friends all these years.
Vance was diagnosed with COVID-19 late last month. Vance had been fully vaccinated against the virus.

So very sorry for your loss. We are not faring well in FL either, similar dumbfuck Governor.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:32 am This one hurts. A lot. Lee was my first Sgt after I got out of the academy, and we remained friends all these years.
https://www.wlbt.com/2021/08/04/hinds-c ... ted-death/
JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Hinds County Sheriff Lee Vance has died, weeks after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

Cpt. Tyree Jones confirmed the information Wednesday.

According to Hinds County Coroner Sharon Grisham-Stewart, Vance died from natural causes due to COVID-19. His death will be labeled as a “COVID related death.”
Vance was in his first term as Hinds County Sheriff.

Previously, he was a longtime officer with the Jackson Police Department, serving as chief from 2014 to 2017.

He served for more than 30 years with the department.

The news comes a couple of weeks after we reported a COVID outbreak at the Hinds County Detention Center and Work Center in Raymond. At the time, 60 detainees tested positive for the virus, as had 14 employees.

The outbreak also impacted several leaders within the sheriff’s office, including Vance, Undersheriff Allen White and Cpt. Tyree Jones. Jones has recovered from the virus, testing negative for it last week. White, meanwhile, has been released from the hospital after he was admitted for COVID-related double-pneumonia.
Our fuckwitted Gov:
“Gov. Reeves has no intention to implement mask mandates or business restrictions. Mississippians have made it clear that they are ready to get back to work,” Martin’s statement continued. “At the height of the pandemic Mississippi, had almost 232,000 unemployment claims. Today, there are approximately 20,000. Gov. Reeves will continue to implement policies that keep businesses open and Mississippi’s economy rolling.”

On Aug. 4, 2020, when Reeves first declared a statewide mask mandate, 1,074 new cases of COVID-19 were reported. A year later, 2,821 new cases were reported by the state department of health.
Yesterday, there were 6 ICU beds open in the entire state of MS.

:bighug: :brokenheart: :mad:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug: :brokenheart:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:grouphug:
Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Too bad we don't have any such thing as public service announcements where there could be messaging that vaccines are the way back to normal life. I'm disappointed that Biden didn't anticipate that Republicans would do everything they can to make him fail at getting the virus under control and hit the airwaves hard with vaccination messaging. This has turned into a shit show.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I don't know about where you live, but I see several different vaccine PSAs every day, sponsored by the feds, state and county, directed at both adults and at teens.
Image Image Image Image
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:55 am I don't know about where you live, but I see several different vaccine PSAs every day, sponsored by the feds, state and county, directed at both adults and at teens.
I live in Volusia County. 44% vaccinated. I guess there are worse places, but I am disgusted with people at this point. Virtually every single anti vax adult with grown children never questioned vaccines when they got their kids vaccinated for school. Right wing media has these people right where they want them, unable to think for themselves and doing and thinking precisely what they are told to do and think.

Freedumb, indeed.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Sugar, Sheriff Lee Vance. What a horrible, horrible senseless death. I am so sorry, and heartbroken for his family. I have no fucking tolerance at all for antivax idiots. In fact, I despise these selfish pricks.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so sorry, Sugar. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Commissioner Freeman,

I apologize for missing yesterday's board meeting. I forgot about an engagement.

Today, I canceled an appointment with my now former dentist in Sutherlin to place a crown. Two weeks ago they prepared the tooth and I currently have a temporary. I asked about covid protocol and was told they wear no masks because there is no mandate, later the receptionist saying she is "on the opposite end of the spectrum" than me.

Now, I must find a doctor and dentist.

It's really sad and you commissioners can do more to help fix this imminent crisis.

Thank you.

Chris
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

neonzx wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:55 am
Foggy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:27 am They're still gonna want me to mask up for boarding the plane. I better print me up one a them "I'm EXEMPT, FREEDUMB" cards. :mrgreen:
Yeah, everyone needs masked on the plane (sorry, those exempt freedumb cards don't work). I still have not been on a plane since the start of this nightmare Hollywood movie, but it seems comical that anyone believes masks are effective when they squeeze everyone into those 12" wide seats where you battle for the shared armrests. And, hey, how do you eat the tiny bag of mini pretzels with a mask? Do you have to shove them under the bottom of the mask into your mouth?
You're exempt from the mask "while you're eating" so people "eat" for the entire plane trip, nibbling crackers or whatever. When my (step)daughter told me she did that when she came to visit last April, I coulda slapped her. Except she's 30 and she'da have slapped me back.

The last time I flew, last October, I was double-masked. I'm hoping to fly to Philly in Sep, if things don't get worse. I will be double masked again. This is when the masks with straps come in handy. Less friction on the ears and the under-mask is held in place by the stringed over-mask. The under-mask will be an N-95, or whatever the good ones are. They're easily available these days.

(fixed typo)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We had a trip planned to Iceland in two weeks. We canceled it today. The friend we were traveling with will also be canceling between the Delta variant and flights from hell from New Mexico to Pennsylvania in the last week. We canceled because of the variant, the flights, and also my husband has been having health issues that might have made us cancel anyway. By canceling before 14 days, we are monetarily better, though. Still sad. :cry:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

So I went in a couple of hours early today so I could leave right after the mandatory safety meeting at noon. I was a puddle yesterday after hearing about Sheriff Vance and just didn't want to be around a bunch of people today. Headed straight to the gym for my daily covid test and then back to my office. About 15 mins later the head covid nurse shows up with a handful of stuff and informs me I had a "close contact" with at least 2 people who tested positive and I needed to do the rapid response test. It's only been about 15 hours at this point so she wasn't surprised when it got no results, positive or negative. Waiting now for the email from this morning's more accurate PCR test, but we don't usually get those emails until after midnight.

During the safety meeting it was announced that anyone who was not vaccinated should go home and wait to be called back. Half the fucking room got up and left, most muttering about discrimination, segregation and "my rights to work" as they left. I was astounded. We have daily testing, people roaming the set and depts checking for mask usage and social distancing and multiple emails about the safety of the cast and crew, and yet, over half the crew and most of the cast are unvaccinated. When I spoke up about it, I was informed it was union rules that they couldn't ask about vacc status nor could they send someone home or fire them for not being vaxxed. It's also apparently too late to require vaccs to work on the movie. So much for the union being concerned about "the safety of their members." It falls on me for not asking more questions before signing on with them. I stupidly assumed, from the information I received about testing and such, that they were actually being conscientious about it.

I spent about 5 hours yesterday face to face with at least 3 (2 confirmed, 1 strongly suspected) people without masks. I had mine on though. We were fitting hats, shirts, ties, 3 different costumes on each one, and lots of hands-on, less than 2 feet away fooling with the actors. It was even worse in wardrobe with the principals and their fittings. Hats had to be perfectly adjusted, sized, swapped out, etc with my face inches from theirs. Same with the dress shirts and ties. (When did men stop learning how to tie their own ties?) 30-45 minutes in a smallish office per actor, 7 principals to fit. 2 of them on the list today. 4 others had to go home for not being vaxxed. They spent 6.5 hours in a small room together before coming to wardrobe one at the time for fittings.

I'm so pissed/scared/angry/something.

The worst part is, my girlfriend and ex-studio mate got in town from NC for a weekend together about an hour after I got the notification of the contact. It's been over 3 years since we've seen each other and now it looks like we'll be sitting 10 feet away from each other in a field some place if we're even comfortable enough to do that. Much will depend on my test results this evening. Meanwhile, I'm a nervous fucking wreck.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

How awful for you. Terrible.

Good luck.
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That must be infuriating and frustrating. I hope it all works out. :bighug:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Sugar, I hope you hear soon, and of course with good (NOT positive) results. The waiting must be agony. :pray:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Sugar, I’m so sorry about your Vance, and that now you have to deal with this needless bullshit. Jeez.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

What the f us up with people? Almost incredible, absolutely no respect for others. Hope the test is negative.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Sprout’s test came back negative.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Today it was announced that all state & county employees must be vaccinated. They have until 8/16 to get it started. I researched the law and necessary documentation for religious beliefs and medical conditions. However, we decided to go with must be vaccinated or be tested every week. No religious EEOA or medical ADA rights are involved. Whew! But a very long day for me. Tomorrow will be worse as random people will call me and yell that their civil rights are being violated. :fingerwag:

All hospitals in Hawaii now require staff vaccination. I hope long term facilities will require the same for their staff.

These actions are long overdue.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Yesterday's PCR test was negative, but I was up at midnight with a crushing headache and throwing up every 30 minutes for about 5 hours. I'm not sure I even have the energy to go out there for today's test, although I know I should.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”