Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! 9pm ET April 28, 2021 - State Of The Union SOTU

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! 9pm ET April 28, 2021 - State Of The Union SOTU

Post by neonzx »

CBS News poll: Most viewers approve of Biden's speech
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-p ... ns-speech/
Most viewers who tuned in to watch President Biden's speech liked what they heard and came away feeling optimistic about America.

Speech viewers described the president as "Presidential, "Caring," "Inspiring" and "Bold."

And history was made tonight with two women seated behind the president during an address to Congress, and a big majority of those who watched felt proud to see that.
:snippity:
Eighty-five percent of Americans who watched Mr. Biden's first address to a joint session of Congress overwhelmingly approve of his speech. Fifteen percent disapprove.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: President Joe Biden's Joint Address to Congress! 9pm ET April 28, 2021 - State Of The Union SOTU

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Lani wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:46 pm Fashion comment - Jill Biden's embroidered dress is a black version of her white dress at the Inauguration party. (I want it in blue.)
It's also fitting that Dr. Biden chose to wear Gabriela Hearst, a fashion designer known for her using sustainability practices and commitment to using recycled materials. A large part of President Biden's speech was about creating jobs that will combat climate change.
https://www.instyle.com/politics-social ... al-address
I love those dresses!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

roadscholar wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:27 pm
dan1100 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:04 pm
sterngard friegen wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:02 pm

:explode:

He is on a podium, however.
Biden knows the difference between a podium and a lectern, he's just toying with you. /s
Sure it’s not a rostrum? :biggrin:
Can we use words like this on Fogbow? Sounds dirty. :notlistening:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

David Simon is a national treasure.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Podium, stage, rostrum, riser, platform. Pulpit is an interesting (but ultimately wrong choice).
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I was so happy to hear the words science/scientists/researchers. The GOPs anti-science bullshit no longer leads public policy.

Biden's speech was the most bipartisan address to Congress (including SOTU) I've ever heard. He really reached out to the GOP. I found that so encouraging.

There were times when GOP didn't applaud a truly bipartisan issue like ... jobs. Aren't jobs a great thing, even if they're green industry jobs?

Anywho, I felt encouraged after last night's speech.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:10 pm Podium, stage, rostrum, riser, platform. Pulpit is an interesting (but ultimately wrong choice).
Dais. You forgot dais. :fingerwag:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Isn't it interesting that Tim Scott, the only Black GOP senator, was selected to give the rebuttal? Hmmm. I wonder why? :think:

ETA: Scott was absolutely qualified to deliver the rebuttal.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Tribune might be appropriate. :biggrin:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Joe Biden is proving more divisive than Donald Trump”:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... ald-trump/

and the Telegraph isn’t owned by Murdoch :bored:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:45 pm “Joe Biden is proving more divisive than Donald Trump”:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... ald-trump/

and the Telegraph isn’t owned by Murdoch :bored:
Believe it or not the seemingly mild-mannered Joe Biden is more divisive after 100 days in office than Donald Trump was
I’ll take “not.”
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

That's a click-bait headline if ever there was one. Which is a turn-off for me.

Anybody see the snap poll responses to the speech? Yeah, exactly.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

LM K wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:35 pm Isn't it interesting that Tim Scott, the only Black GOP senator, was selected to give the rebuttal? Hmmm. I wonder why? :think:

ETA: Scott was absolutely qualified to deliver the rebuttal.
Republican response: See, we do have a black friend.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:10 pm Podium, stage, rostrum, riser, platform. Pulpit is an interesting (but ultimately wrong choice).
I'll stick with my long-time fav - standie-onie thingie.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

ED6BC665-9B9B-49A4-B931-E1DD783CBC48.jpeg
ED6BC665-9B9B-49A4-B931-E1DD783CBC48.jpeg (111.87 KiB) Viewed 3242 times
https://twitter.com/i/events/1387816321325277188?s=21
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:dance:

OrlyLicious @Orly_licious 1m
Mark McKinnon of @SHO_TheCircus: "#JoeBiden could go bigger than ‘anybody since FDR.’" @mmckinnon is a great guy & a shrewd #HackOnTap. Sarah Longwell: “Imagine there’s a car alarm that’s been going off for a long time and suddenly it’s quiet.”

2 minute clip, worth watching: https://www.rollcall.com/2021/04/29/mar ... since-fdr/

McKinnon: Biden's speech was transformational rather than transitional. Everybody six months ago, including Joe Biden, given his bipartisan nature, his 48 years in the Senate, that he was gonna come in and be incremental. Obama went in trying to be a transformational guy and didn't get as much done. We seemed to have flipped the script now, where Joe Biden, like on the campaign, is a man who is meeting the moment..." (listen to the clip for the rest)

Mark M.JPG
Mark M.JPG (36.83 KiB) Viewed 3186 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sarah Longwell: “Imagine there’s a car alarm that’s been going off for a long time and suddenly it’s quiet.”
Zactly.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 am
Lani wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am :biggrin: I came here with the same photo, but different cropping.

Screenshot_2021-04-29VP.png
When can we "cancel" Mitch? I can't stand images of him.
By request, he is BANED from joining Fogbow. That means he is CANCELED. :fingerwag:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Mitch heard your news about being BANED, Foggy. You made that poor old turtle cry.

Cryin Mitch.jpg
Cryin Mitch.jpg (54.15 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

And then, still totally distracted, he just stumbled away.

You're a cruel rooster, Leghorn.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:boxing:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Foggy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:41 am
neonzx wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:01 am
Lani wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am :biggrin: I came here with the same photo, but different cropping.

Screenshot_2021-04-29VP.png
When can we "cancel" Mitch? I can't stand images of him.
By request, he is BANED from joining Fogbow. That means he is CANCELED. :fingerwag:
Damnit foogy why you gotta be baning people already
bane-batman-visionary-corona-virus-meme.jpg
bane-batman-visionary-corona-virus-meme.jpg (150.69 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Biden Administration”