EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

Dr. Ken

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus / Rooster/Cock

Post by Dr. Ken »

Foggy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:34 am We're Fogbow, and it would be irresponsible not to speculate. :smoking:
So I edited the subject line to mark his thrice firing.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

EX-Fox Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus / Rooster/Cock

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus / Rooster/Cock

Post by Luke »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:16 am
Foggy wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:34 am We're Fogbow, and it would be irresponsible not to speculate. :smoking:
So I edited the subject line to mark his thrice firing.
:lol: Absolutely! Great change.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

Post by Ben-Prime »

Great, now the lemmings being reminded of that will start telling us that Tucker, like another great prophet, was thrice denied.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

It's been years since I paid attention to Matthew Yglesias. But when he's not trolling and click-baiting, he can occasionally put his educated mind to good use.

This is the clearest response that I've seen yet (although I'm not spending much time at it) to the baloney-on-stilts notion that Carlson has a "progressive" streak that tempers his nasty hatred and nasty nonsense.

I've quoted selectively from his posts and a few replies.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status ... 608854017
Matthew Yglesias
@mattyglesias

As a curious discourse-participant who is not a major consuming of Fox News television programming, I’m still a little unclear on which economically progressive stances Carlson has taken — does he support more IRS funding? Medicaid expansion?

If there’s a popular television host (or even better, Senator!) who combines social conservative views with actual support for even just a few progressive economic policy ideas, I would absolutely favor making common cause — but which are the ideas we’re working together on?

Zeeshan Aleem
@ZeeshanAleem
I think the biggest claim is that he has hosted people who favor anti-monopoly policy.

Matthew Yglesias
@mattyglesias
But like what policy measures did he come out for?
Zeeshan Aleem
@ZeeshanAleem
Yeah this is my question too. I think Carlson does this thing where he gives air to some of these folks -- including union people, but he doesn't necessarily advocate for these policies. I think it's more about the aesthetics of worker concern / exploitation.

Zeeshan Aleem
@ZeeshanAleem
·
The Prospect report would've benefited from a LOT more detail on how these segments go down. The ones I've seen haven't made me think he's committed to this stuff.
Matthew Yglesias
@mattyglesias

It seems to me that "I like Tucker Carlson because he advocates for some policies I agree with" and "I like Tucker Carlson because he puts my friends on television" are substantively different positions and it would be helpful to have more clarity.

Clean Observer
@Hammbear2024
Stoller and several anti-monopoly people cheerfully hand over their wallet whenever Carlson puts on an inspector costume and shows them a little leg. They ignore that this platforming has resulted in no policy concessions or evolutions from Tucker. It’s a scam
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

EX-Fox Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus / Rooster/Cock

Post by johnpcapitalist »

bob wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:56 pm
noblepa wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:25 pm I have heard that Tucker has a year or two left on his contract with Fox.
Others "have heard" Carlson was fired for cause.

Not that I believe anyone; just noting the absence of any corroboration.
My suspicion is that management knew of all the sexist slimy behavior all along but tolerated it in part because of the ratings he pulled. But they also tolerated it because he probably has a clause in his contract that spells out specific acts that, if he does them, constitutes cause for being fired. Maintaining a sexist work environment is one of them. If he has management responsibility for his show (perhaps because of being the host or because he's also an executive producer), he's on the hook even if he claims he wasn't aware of the problem (even if nobody complained to him). That'll save Fox from paying out the remaining years of his contract.

In financial services, the equivalent way they get rid of people they don't like is to scrutinize their expense reports. The SEC requires firms to "maintain accurate books and records." The SEC can bar someone from the industry for life for causing that to happen. If your expense contains even one overstated taxi receipt in the amount of $5.00, the firm gets the needed justification to fire you for cause and turn you over to the SEC, who may very well ban you. I've seen this happen on a number of occasions.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:05 pm Its been said that a highly trained team of Dachshunds In tactical gear were spotted running down the halls at 1211 Avenue of the Americas. New York, NY 10036 before there was a loud explosion. People were hailing it as a patriotic act of courage for America. Apparently they vanished in a helicopter.:dog:

I know its a long shot to get a statement... But is there any comment from the 699th?
Any attempt the link the long planned Assault Drills in midtown Manhattan today with anything that happened at Fox News is strictly coincidental.

We cleaned up our Pupperoni and left with minimal collateral damage.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Jim

Post by Jim »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:44 pm My suspicion is that management knew of all the sexist slimy behavior all along but tolerated it in part because of the ratings he pulled. But they also tolerated it because he probably has a clause in his contract that spells out specific acts that, if he does them, constitutes cause for being fired. Maintaining a sexist work environment is one of them. If he has management responsibility for his show (perhaps because of being the host or because he's also an executive producer), he's on the hook even if he claims he wasn't aware of the problem (even if nobody complained to him). That'll save Fox from paying out the remaining years of his contract.

In financial services, the equivalent way they get rid of people they don't like is to scrutinize their expense reports. The SEC requires firms to "maintain accurate books and records." The SEC can bar someone from the industry for life for causing that to happen. If your expense contains even one overstated taxi receipt in the amount of $5.00, the firm gets the needed justification to fire you for cause and turn you over to the SEC, who may very well ban you. I've seen this happen on a number of occasions.
FOX is ready to protect themselves...

Fox Has a Secret ‘Oppo File’ to Keep Tucker Carlson in Check, Sources Say
But if Carlson attempts to torch the network he’s leaving, Fox is prepared, the sources say.

Eight people familiar with the situation tell Rolling Stone that Fox News and its communications department — long led by the notoriously aggressive Irena Briganti — has assembled damaging information about Carlson. One source with knowledge calls it an “oppo file.” Two sources add that Fox is prepared to disclose some of its contents if execs suspect that Carlson is coming after the network.

The file includes internal complaints regarding workplace conduct, disparaging comments about management and colleagues, and allegations that the now-former prime-time host created a toxic work environment, three of the sources say. (Carlson is currently facing a lawsuit from a former senior booking producer, Abby Grossberg, alleging a toxic and misogynist workplace environment. The lawsuit details repeated instances of misogynist behavior at the network, including frequent lewd and sexual discussions of female guests and public figures. Grossberg “continued to endure a work environment that subjugates women based on vile sexist stereotypes, typecasts religious minorities and belittles their traditions, and demonstrates little to no regard for those suffering from mental illness.” Fox denied the allegations when the lawsuit was filed, saying the claims were “without merit.”)
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kind of hoist by your own petard if your 'oppo' file contains details of sexual harassment or hostile work environment.

Grossberg “continued to endure a work environment that subjugates women based on vile sexist stereotypes, typecasts religious minorities and belittles their traditions, and demonstrates little to no regard for those suffering from mental illness.” Fox denied the allegations when the lawsuit was filed, saying the claims were “without merit.”
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Anyone working for a media company should assume there is an oppo file on them. That shouldn't be a surprise.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Jim wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:27 pm FOX is ready to protect themselves...

Fox Has a Secret ‘Oppo File’ to Keep Tucker Carlson in Check, Sources Say
But if Carlson attempts to torch the network he’s leaving, Fox is prepared, the sources say.

Eight people familiar with the situation tell Rolling Stone that Fox News and its communications department — long led by the notoriously aggressive Irena Briganti — has assembled damaging information about Carlson. One source with knowledge calls it an “oppo file.” Two sources add that Fox is prepared to disclose some of its contents if execs suspect that Carlson is coming after the network.

The file includes internal complaints regarding workplace conduct, disparaging comments about management and colleagues, and allegations that the now-former prime-time host created a toxic work environment, three of the sources say. (Carlson is currently facing a lawsuit from a former senior booking producer, Abby Grossberg, alleging a toxic and misogynist workplace environment. The lawsuit details repeated instances of misogynist behavior at the network, including frequent lewd and sexual discussions of female guests and public figures. Grossberg “continued to endure a work environment that subjugates women based on vile sexist stereotypes, typecasts religious minorities and belittles their traditions, and demonstrates little to no regard for those suffering from mental illness.” Fox denied the allegations when the lawsuit was filed, saying the claims were “without merit.”)
I suspect that the things mentioned as being in that "oppo file" on Tucker, rather than being considered as "dirt" by the MAGA crowd, will be seen to be badges of honor or at worst "boys will be boys" kind of things.

I'm hard pressed to think of anything that Fox could have on Carlson that would cast a shadow on his popularity with that group. Maybe they have proof that he has secretly been a registered Democrat for 30 years, or proof that he voted for Biden. Even the tapes and memos in which he said that he hated TFG didn't seem to cost him much, if any, popularity.

I hope that Fox has a lot more than that.

The only thing that is going to happen to TC is that he is going to lose his access to the largest audience of conservatives in the country. He'll land at OAN or Newsmax at a tenth of his Fox salary and will do a podcast. He will join other fired Fox alumni like Bill O'Reilly, Lou Dobbs and Glen Beck in semi-obscurity at minor networks or doing a podcast from his rec room.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Others at the station might want to take note. Or maybe they're hoping they do.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Their hero --
Carlson’s Text That Alarmed Fox Leaders: ‘It’s Not How White Men Fight’
May 2, 2023

A text message sent by Tucker Carlson that set off a panic at the highest levels of Fox on the eve of its billion-dollar defamation trial showed its most popular host sharing his private, inflammatory views about violence and race. The discovery of the message contributed to a chain of events that ultimately led to Mr. Carlson’s firing.

In the message, sent to one of his producers in the hours after violent Trump supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, Mr. Carlson described how he had recently watched a video of a group of men — Trump supporters, he said — violently attacking “an Antifa kid.”

It was “three against one, at least,” he wrote. And then he expressed a sense of dismay that the attackers, like him, were white. “Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously,” he wrote. “It’s not how white men fight,” he said. But he said he found himself for a moment wanting the group to kill the person he had described as the Antifa kid. For years, Mr. Carlson espoused views on his show that amplified the ideology of white nationalism. But the text message revealed more about his views on racial superiority.

The text alarmed the Fox board, which saw the message a day before Fox was set to defend itself against Dominion Voting Systems before a jury. The board grew concerned that the message could become public at trial when Mr. Carlson was on the stand, creating a sensational and damaging moment that would raise broader questions about the company.
https://dnyuz.com/2023/05/02/carlsons-t ... men-fight/
Read the Text Message from Tucker Carlson That ‘Set Off a Panic’ at Fox News: ‘It’s Not How White Men Fight’
By Michael Luciano May 2nd, 2023, 9:52 pm

A text sent by former Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Jan. 7, 2021 that was later included in discovery as part of Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit against the company “set off a panic” at Fox, the New York Times reported Tuesday night.

“The discovery of the message contributed to a chain of events that ultimately led to Mr. Carlson’s firing,” the Times stated. “In the message, sent to one of his producers in the hours after violent Trump supporters stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, Mr. Carlson described how he had recently watched a video of a group of men — Trump supporters, he said — violently attacking ‘an Antifa kid.’”

Here is the text message, which Carlson sent to one of his producers. In it, Carlson admitted to having a brief desire to see a group of Donald Trump supporters kill a person, stating, “It’s not how white men fight”:
A couple of weeks ago, I was watching video of people fighting on the street in Washington. A group of Trump guys surrounded an Antifa kid and started pounding the living shit out of him. It was three against one, at least. Jumping a guy like that is dishonorable obviously. It’s not how white men fight. Yet suddenly I found myself rooting for the mob against the man, hoping they’d hit him harder, kill him. I really wanted them to hurt the kid. I could taste it. Then somewhere deep in my brain, an alarm went off: this isn’t good for me. I’m becoming something I don’t want to be. The Antifa creep is a human being. Much as I despise what he says and does, much as I’m sure I’d hate him personally if I knew him, I shouldn’t gloat over his suffering. I should be bothered by it. I should remember that somewhere somebody probably loves this kid, and would be crushed if he was killed. If I don’t care about those things, if I reduce people to their politics, how am I better than he is?
Fox fired Carlson last week six days after settling a $787.5 million defamation lawsuit. The discovery phase of the case yielded private communications from Fox employees that appeared in Dominion’s court filings – sometimes unredacted. Last week, the Times reported that Carlson reportedly called a senior communications executive a “vagina,” which factored in Fox’s decision to fire him. That communication was not released publicly.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/read-the-te ... men-fight/

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

If members of the board by and large watched his show they already know about his racist rants and already know he's a stochastic terrorist. Apparently he had about 3 million viewers each night. That is one percent of the US population. They fired him because these rants getting out to the rest of the adult population of the USA was too embarrassing to them and they want to give the appearance that they are horrified by it.

Reading the comments, it's clear that his viewers don't see anything racist or wrong with his statements, they think he was having a moment of clarity about his feelings of wanting the kid to be killed, and good for him, he realized that was wrong. The part about white people behavior being above non white people behavior being a racist viewpoint apparently goes right over their heads.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Compared to some of his other text messages and even some of the stuff that he said on the air, I'm more shocked that it was that message that got Fox to settle and fire Carlson than I am shocked at the contents. The message actually shows more of an ability for him to reflect on his own behavior than I'd thought he'd be capable of. Was it the "It's not how white men fight" that cause all the trouble, or maybe the admission he wanted them - at least for a moment - to kill the kid? It just strikes me as odd that a text like that caused such a major panic.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I think it didn't. Saw a tweet, didn't copy it, paraphrasing:
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but if you think that text suddenly opened up the board's eyes as to who he really is, you probably also think the Moon landing was real.
:lol:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@RonFilipkowski
Since Tucker is a white male, maybe he can describe how he fought his last fistfight. Just so we can have an example of what he meant.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I mean, it's also possible they thought his on-air behavior was 100% an act and he didn't really believe any of it, only to find from his texts that he does believe some of it, some of the time.

i.e., they were okay with him *saying* it but not with him being a True Believer.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Alternatively, this is Tucker deluding himself/his bosses that he has a conscience, and is a thoughtful guy. Part of his justification schtick. O'Reilly used to do this on the air all the time (yes, I listened to Fox for years, until I figured I had the picture, then I took a shower and never watched again).

The ones who've actually read a book often seem motivated to put it out there that they think about ethics before they brutalize humanity.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m always shocked when I stumbled on Fox and actually listen. No wonder they hate Dems. I’d hate me too if I believed even 1% of the vile things they say.
Jim

Post by Jim »

LOL...I'd love to see a Trump family v. FOX war going into 2024 election season. Everyone needs to be poking righties to start attacking FOX for getting rid of their voice and turning dem.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”