EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

pipistrelle

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:03 pm
Volkonski wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:45 pm I don't follow sports much. So what does Tucker have against Globe Life Field?
Apparently it is devoid of soul, just like Carlson. He should love it.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/06/ranger ... or-twitter

(As an aside, I wonder what “ftw” stands for in that URL. It stood for f$&k the world when I was growing up, but somehow, I don’t think that is correct in this instance.)
For the Win. It’s in the header.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Duh. Thanks.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:45 pm I don't follow sports much. So what does Tucker have against Globe Life Field?
He is running out of topics to be OUTRAGED!!! about.

It is a nice looking ball park. And Globe Life didn't pay for it -- that is just naming rights for X years.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:03 pm (As an aside, I wonder what “ftw” stands for in that URL. It stood for f$&k the world when I was growing up, but somehow, I don’t think that is correct in this instance.)
It means "for the win." It's on the top left corner of the website.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Thank you.

Carlson continues his crusade against architecture he doesn't like.
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: Tucker Carlson just said he passed an ugly mall in Phoenix and thinks architects he doesn’t like should be imprisoned because they’re “evil,” insisting to the audience he’s not joking: “Someone should not be allowed to deface the public view along a highway and get away with it.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Billboards are woke.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

So, he's arguing for moar regulations, not less. Brilliant Tuck.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Getting rid of ugly billboards along highway was Lady Bird Johnson's pet project. That's Texas for ya.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:39 am
He is running out of topics to be OUTRAGED!!! about.

It is a nice looking ball park. And Globe Life didn't pay for it -- that is just naming rights for X years.

It's a pole barn with an office trailer out front. Add some cows and pickup trucks to pull open the roof and you'll have a facility that is full Texas.

The sound during a hailstorm must be epic.
101010 :towel:
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 am Thank you.

Comrade Tucker Swanson Carlson more than likely doesn't like any architect that isn't Albert Speer.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:46 am Thank you.

No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: Tucker Carlson just said he passed an ugly mall in Phoenix and thinks architects he doesn’t like should be imprisoned because they’re “evil,” insisting to the audience he’s not joking: “Someone should not be allowed to deface the public view along a highway and get away with it.”
I sorta wonder what mall he is referring to. Most remaining indoor malls, having been tossed up in the 70s and 80s are anything but an architectural wonder. Boring on parade is more like it.

I see the Tempe Marketplace is one of those new-styled urban centers (and more outdoors) that is the current fad in the shopping world. I somewhat like the look as compared to other older malls. That is probably the one he hates. It is more, um, eccentric in look, especially from the highway (at least in Google Street View).

Being Tuck.. he could also just be making stuff up.

Full disclosure... I hate shopping and avoid hanging around malls, though I will spend lots of time and some money in a Cabela's. Still, if I had to be around a mall, or whatever they call those new things, I would prefer the Tempe one over most indoor ones, though the indoor ones are probably nice and quiet without the crowds.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro are In A (poot) Fight. I’m here for it, but the entertainment level so far has been a bit low without much for fireworks. Here’s to hoping, though! The source of the conflict appears to be Carlson being a bit isolationist and calling for us to take care of our own over other countries.

Carlson talking smack about Shapiro.
► Show Spoiler
Shapiro dishing it back.
► Show Spoiler
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Boys, boys. Don't fight. You're both horrible excuses for humanity.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Two fading media shock jocks having a pretend fight for ratings is not convincing me to click on the spoiler tags.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:40 pm Two fading media shock jocks having a pretend fight for ratings is not convincing me to click on the spoiler tags.
:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:05 pm Full disclosure... I hate shopping and avoid hanging around malls, though I will spend lots of time and some money in a Cabela's.
Cabela's is the Macys for the camo-sexual crowd. It has always been the most expensive outfitter, but at least they sold a lot of American and Canadian made product. Now they are just an overpriced Chinese outlet store.
raison de arizona

Carlson is making some pretty bold accusations on the former bird site.
https://x.com/tuckercarlson/status/1745863377493143906
Tucker Carlson @TuckerCarlson wrote: Gonzalo Lira, Sr. says his son has died at 55 in a Ukrainian prison, where he was being held for the crime of criticizing the Zelensky and Biden governments. Gonzalo Lira was an American citizen, but the Biden administration clearly supported his imprisonment and torture. Several weeks ago we spoke to his father, who predicted his son would be killed.
Tucker Carlson @TuckerCarlson wrote: Ep. 47 Gonzalo Lira is an American citizen who’s been tortured in a Ukrainian prison since July, for the crime of criticizing Zelensky. Biden officials approve of this, because they’d like to apply the same standard here. The media agree. Here’s a statement from Gonzalo Lira’s father.

(00:00) American Zelensky critic jailed in Ukraine
(05:14) Where is our State Department?
(08:40) Lira arrested after criticizing Biden
(11:49) Is Ukraine the democracy we’re told it is?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:19 pm Carlson is making some pretty bold accusations on the former bird site.
Business Insider had a long article about this situation -

Tucker Carlson and Elon Musk have rallied behind an American 'red pill' dating coach turned Russian propagandist detained in Ukraine

Some quotes from that article -
When Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022, Lira, who had lived in Ukraine for several years after marrying a Ukrainian woman, shifted to commentating on the war on YouTube, Telegram, and Twitter.

He often peddled Kremlin propaganda — denying war crimes and describing the invasion of Ukraine as "one of the most brilliant invasions in military history."

He's also attacked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy extensively, calling him "the cokehead of Kyiv" and calling his government a "neo-Nazi regime."
A Ukrainian government department that combats disinformation, Spravdi, said in a statement Monday that Lira was not jailed for criticizing Zelenskyy, but for "justifying Russian aggression against Ukraine," a crime under article 436-2 of the country's criminal code, and for violating the terms of his bail.

According to Spravdi, Lira justified the invasion by claiming a "neo-Nazi regime" ran Ukraine, a bogus claim that Russian President Vladimir Putin has long touted, and he's denied the extent of Russian attacks on civilians, including the massacre in Bucha.
Anyway, a very long article, so read the complete article at the link above.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson ... in-1866669
The reported appearance of former Fox News host Tucker Carlson in the Russian capital has sparked intense speculation over the purpose of the conservative media personality's visit to Moscow.

Carlson arrived in Moscow on February 1, and was spotted attending the Bolshoi Theater in the capital, according to Russian outlet Mash.

Questions quickly swirled over why the TV anchor would have traveled to Moscow, and whether he intended to interview Russian President Vladimir Putin during the visit.

"Democrats and their propagandists in the media are spasming at the prospect of Tucker Carlson interviewing Putin," Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene wrote on social media platform X, formerly Twitter.

Referencing Greene's comments on Sunday, Russia's state-backed news agency, Tass, reported that Kremlin press secretary, Dmitry Peskov, had said in 2023 that the world would have to "wait and see" whether Putin would speak with Carlson.

Carlson said in late September 2023 that he had attempted to interview the Russian leader, but that the U.S. government had blocked the move. "I tried to interview Vladimir Putin, and the U.S. government stopped me," Carlson told Swiss magazine, Die Weltwoche.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Will he be VP prospect IFF he secures that interview :?:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Bit if advise to Tucker…

If Vlad doesn’t appear to be happy with the interview…

Do not drink the tea or stand by the window..
June bug

Post by June bug »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:01 pm Will he be VP prospect IFF he secures that interview :?:
Just the opposite, IMHO. He’d be taking too much of the spotlight away from the former IMPOTUS.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:15 pm Bit if advise to Tucker…

If Vlad doesn’t appear to be happy with the interview…

Do not drink the tea or stand by the window..
And avoid anyone carrying an umbrella.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I keep sprinkling around comments about Tucker being a spy so Russia should detain him.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”