Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

EX-Fox, Ex-MSNBC, Ex-CNN Host Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus Rooster/Cock

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus / Rooster/Cock

Post by bill_g »

Remember this from earlier this year? Conservatives are easily confused.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Re: Tucker Carlson - Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson - 5/16/69 Taurus / Rooster/Cock

Post by Ben-Prime »

bill_g wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:52 am Remember this from earlier this year? Conservatives are easily confused.

Apparently they forgot what The Simpsons taught us many years ago about the entire steel industry.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

We work hard, we play hard.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d love to encounter a bunch of Tuckerphiles bronzing their balls together in bromeopathic fashion! Can you think of a better opportunity to reduce the dickhead population just a little bit. :mrgreen:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Has Randy Rainbow not done a parody about this using Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' -- but substituting the obvious pieces of anatomy -- yet? Because it would only take a shiny penny to cast that shadow. Hell, a button.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I have tix to his show this Thursday! I’ll make your idea into a paper airplane and sail it to him. I bet he’d love it.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:13 pm I have tix to his show this Thursday! I’ll make your idea into a paper airplane and sail it to him. I bet he’d love it.
(So jealous. We'll need a thorough review.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

🤣
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Shhh. Don't dissuade them. This sterilization behavior among Trumpers is to be encouraged.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That reminded me of the Viz (a british rude comic book) character "Buster Gonad and his unfeasibly large Testicles."

https://viz.fandom.com/wiki/Buster_Gonad

In a favour for the sensitive I'm not posting a pic, but lets just say he needs a wheelbarrow.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Classic Johnny Dangerously. Testes warning.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Snopes spoiling everyone's fun.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tucke ... nd-of-men/
One widely shared clip, posted by Nikki McCann Rodriguez from the progressive Media Matters for America, contained slow-motion footage of muscular and shirtless men wrestling, working out and chopping wood, and an almost naked man who appeared to be tanning his genitals. The trailer culminated with a caption that read “Tucker Carlson Originals presents: ‘The End of Men.'”

Social media users, primarily those ideologically opposed to Carlson, mocked the clip, describing it as homoerotic, while others questioned whether it was authentic or a parody. The clip was entirely authentic, but it was taken from a longer trailer published by Tucker on April 15, to promote the second season of his Fox News feature series “Tucker Carlson Presents.”

It did give a slightly reductive and over-simplified impression of the trailer, which was more than twice as long, and contained more context than was shown in the clip. The trailer did contain what many observers might regard as an inordinate quotient of half-dressed, muscular men, but that’s not all it contained. As a result, we are issuing a rating of “Mostly True.”

The full two-minute, 13-second trailer can be viewed on Carlson’s official Vimeo channel and was posted to his own website on April 15:

Although the clip shared widely on Twitter did come from the authentic trailer, it contained less than half the footage of the original, and did slightly misrepresent the original, which contained expository framing and context, while the viral clip consisted almost entirely of muscular men displaying their physical prowess.

In order to demonstrate this discrepancy, and in the interests of thoroughness, the following is a lightly annotated transcript of the trailer:

Archive footage of President John F. Kennedy: I welcome this opportunity to speak to the people of America about a subject which I believe to be most important, and that is the subject of physical fitness.
Caption: IN AGES PAST / A CYCLE BEGAN / HARD TIMES / MADE STRONG MEN / STRONG MEN / MADE GOOD TIMES
Kennedy: A country is as strong, really, as its citizens, and I think that mental and physical health go hand in hand
Caption: GOOD TIMES / MADE WEAK MEN
Kennedy: There is nothing, I think, more unfortunate, than to have soft, chubby, fat-looking children. I hope that all of you will join, and everybody in the United States make sure that our children participate fully in a vigorous and adventurous life —
Caption: WEAK MEN / MADE HARD TIMES
Kennedy: — which is possible for them in this very rich country of ours.
Unnamed voiceover: There’s been a 50 percent decline in sperm counts in the last 40 years, along with a precipitous decline in testosterone production. We’re headed for a calamity. And that’s not hyperbole, it’s not exaggeration, it’s just a mathematical fact.
Off-screen reporter asks Dr. Paul Turek: Would you recommend young men to tan their balls?
Turek: To what?

[CLIP SHARED ON TWITTER BEGINS]

Caption: IN THE CURRENT YEAR / THE CYCLE CONTINUES
[Footage of an almost naked man who appears to be tanning his genitals]
Unnamed voiceover: Once a society collapses then, you’re in hard times. Well, “iron sharpens iron,” as they say. And those hard times inevitably produce men who are tough, men who are resourceful, men who are strong enough to survive. Then they go on to re-establish order, and so the cycle begins again.
Caption: TUCKER CARLSON ORIGINALS PRESENTS / THE END OF MEN.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Yeah, I mean, I guess. I don't think the context helps that much with the weirdness though.

Judge for yourself, the full video.
https://vimeo.com/699953696
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I watched without the sound on. Still weird.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:29 pm Yeah, I mean, I guess. I don't think the context helps that much with the weirdness though.
Oh I agree, still weird. But I at least was under the impression that was the whole ad for Tuckers Programme. The fact that it was edited makes a lot of sense as it makes the whole thing seem less like random nonsense that no-one coherent would dream up. It removed the "why do they think this would persuade anyone to watch?" and "What exactly is this about?"

Plus you have to ask why the hell the editor decided just to present those parts. Tucker isn't the only one with an agenda, and one can throw Poxes at both houses to remain sane.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The Palmer report blog

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/t ... rre/44874/
I will leave you with this absolutely hysterical response from Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger, who appears as baffled as this writer: “This is actually real. Evidently, he likes men without shirts, which may explain the Putin obsession.”
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:10 pm I watched without the sound on. Still weird.
I love it that I'm not the only one who regularly does this (watch with no sound). :bighug:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

So.. Tucker is a closeted self-hating gay?

(just asking) 8-)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:44 pm So.. Tucker is a closeted self-hating gay?

(just asking) 8-)
Hey I have no idea. I was just passing on the opinion of a Republican: That he likes shirtless men, presumably engaged in various wrestling or outdoor pursuits. And Microwaved Meatballs.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wherein Tucker tosses McCarthy and StefanIck pick under the bus...

Lani

Post by Lani »

NYT put together a video for us about Carlson's tv hate fests.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... 48368741aa

Night after night, the host of the most watched show in prime time cable uses to a simple narrative to instill fear in his viewers: "They want to control and then destroy you."
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”