Marijuana

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
John Thomas8

Marijuana

Post by John Thomas8 »

Sorry to hear that, some of the most fun I've had is being baked and giggling at life.
sugar magnolia

Marijuana

Post by sugar magnolia »

Our idiot state has legalized medical pot (you can openly buy a card for $125) but advertising the dispensaries is illegal. So we now have hideous flags and banners and those plastic signs you stick in the ground EVERYWHERE around here because it's the only advertising they can do. It looks like shit.
SuzieC
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by SuzieC »

So far weed remains OK in Ohio and the Rs have backed off on their attempts to overturn the will of the voters. So, last Friday, the second day of legal weed, bars in the Short North area of Columbus held a smoke-in where everyone openly smoked weed, drank, and had fun.

I don't smoke weed myself but plenty of friends and family members do.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Marijuana

Post by neonzx »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:03 pm So far weed remains OK in Ohio and the Rs have backed off on their attempts to overturn the will of the voters. So, last Friday, the second day of legal weed, bars in the Short North area of Columbus held a smoke-in where everyone openly smoked weed, drank, and had fun.

I don't smoke weed myself but plenty of friends and family members do.
Kinda good to hear. Couple notes.

STREET WEED -- one does not know what they are getting (laced?)l

LEGAL WEED -- dispensary dope is clean.

There is still an issue of minors getting hooked on it. Seen it with ugly outcomes. Dependency can occur or the next level is full on addiction. The younger they start the more likely those outcomes occur. A younger brother of mine developed dependency He is in his early 40s but needs to "wake and bake". Great guy, great father. He has that one crutch.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Marijuana

Post by raison de arizona »

My arthritis is fucking miserable without some weed at the end of the day. Fight me.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Marijuana

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:56 am My arthritis is fucking miserable without some weed at the end of the day. Fight me.
Just checking -- do we have to fight fair and wait until you've had your daily weed and feel up to it physically?

NOT THAT ANY OF US WOULD ACTUALLY FIGHT YOU.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:56 am My arthritis is fucking miserable without some weed at the end of the day. Fight me.
Ditto.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Marijuana

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:50 am
Just checking -- do we have to fight fair and wait until you've had your daily weed and feel up to it physically?

NOT THAT ANY OF US WOULD ACTUALLY FIGHT YOU.
:lol:

Either that or have a drink.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Marijuana

raison de arizona

Marijuana

Heartland Signal @HeartlandSignal wrote: MN State Sen. Lucero (R) and Rep. Novotny (R) claim legal marijuana will lead to power grid failure by grow lights.

NOVOTNY: "The marijuana grow operation ... takes a ton of electricity ... We're shutting down electric plants."

LUCERO: "Get ready for blackouts and brownouts."
Lani

Marijuana

Post by Lani »

WTF?
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
much ado

Marijuana

Post by much ado »

If it's legal you can f-ing raise it in your back yard during the summer. Morans!
BeastofBourbon

Marijuana

Post by BeastofBourbon »

I guess they haven't heard of LEDs? If Minnesota is allowing 10 plants per ?household? an indoor grow won't take up much space and LEDs don't take much electricity. Since it's legal, they also don't need the added expense of constant filtered ventilation to avoid detection that an illegal grow requires. The illegal grow sites in residential neighborhoods typically involve hundreds of plants, not 10s.Can people grow 10 plants outdoors? No electricity needed once your plants are in the ground.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Marijuana

Post by RTH10260 »

Nobody hears about power companies getting suspicious when a clients power bill spikes above long time normal and they get police to inspect the premises :think:
roadscholar

Marijuana

Post by roadscholar »

With LEDs, you can grow several plants indoors with 100 Watts total.

Or so I hear. :?
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Marijuana

Post by bill_g »

I can say from personal experience walking into a home grow in a small room that the smell is immense when the buds are fully formed. It's one indicator they are ready for harvest. It just gets more and more intense as each day passes. Venting through carbon scrubbers is still recommended, or your whole house will reek.

Outdoor grows don't have the same yield at least in Oregon. We don't have enough heat around here to grow the good stuff. Plus indoor grows let you control all factors including the amount of light. The weed botanists have worked up a whole protocol to achieve the most you can from each plant.
BeastofBourbon

Marijuana

Post by BeastofBourbon »

"Outdoor grows don't have the same yield at least in Oregon. We don't have enough heat around here to grow the good stuff."

Beg to differ, Bill. ;)
bill_g

Marijuana

Post by bill_g »

Ooooo - are you having of the thumb green, or a microclimate, or special dirt? I've got open skies in the Aurora area, and had stunted plants from seed that never prospered. They made great aphid traps.
Reddog

Marijuana

Post by Reddog »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:21 am Nobody hears about power companies getting suspicious when a clients power bill spikes above long time normal and they get police to inspect the premises :think:
Nashville pot cave:

From 420 magazine
In an underground cavern located beneath the stylish A-frame home, the police found a sophisticated operation which grew as much as "100 pounds of marijuana every eight weeks". This secret high-tech underground cave seemed more likely to be part of a Hollywood drug movie too crazy to believe, except that in this case it was real.

It is reported that they earned $6.8 million a year in sales of the marijuana.
The growers got caught because the electric company noticed too much electricity was going to the house. Unfortunately, these people were caught and prosecuted and they seemed to "disappear" from the face of the earth.
raison de arizona

Marijuana

That's a lot of pot.
bill_g

Marijuana

Post by bill_g »

There was a Netflix movie about an American in England growing weed in buried containers on private land owned by gentry that needed the income to maintain their aging castles. And apparently it's not fiction.

But I don't recall the title. It's a senior moment and I'm taking it.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Marijuana

Post by poplove »

I am reminded of a story I read years ago that police raided a house they thought was a grow house because it had a very high electricity usage. Turned out that it was a home with five young kids and the mom was running the washer, dryer, and dishwasher constantly. :roll:
raison de arizona

Marijuana

Jeebus but kids generate a LOT of laundry! Mine has school clothes, then he comes home and changes into play clothes. Then he takes his shower at night and changes into bed clothes. That's THREE OUTFITS a day! And that's if there are no mishaps, which just add to the pile.
Estiveo
Verified:

Marijuana

Post by Estiveo »

My preferred dispensary is in a neighborhood of San Jose with many other dispensaries, most of which have their own grow operations on site. Depending on the wind, I can usually start smelling them 4 or 5 blocks out. When you don't have to filter out the lovely aroma, the power drain for air exchange is no more than any other business. Add in how efficient hydroponic systems & LED lights are, there's no way they use as much power as a company running similar sized cleanroom operations.

And don't get me started on server farms.
Image Image Image Image
BeastofBourbon

Marijuana

Post by BeastofBourbon »

"Ooooo - are you having of the thumb green, or a microclimate, or special dirt?"

None of the above, though the manure was great fertilizer when I still had chickens. I know you know how to grow things because you've posted the evidence here, so I'm not sure why you didn't have better luck with weed. Do you have much of a gopher/ mole problem at your place? I do, but they've never bothered the roots of the weed. Tomatoes, on the other hand... Some strains, like Afghan Kush, have a tall, skinny profile with minimal side branching that are used for indoor grows where the plants are packed together. Maybe you had an early flowering type that wasn't supposed to get big? There have been a lot of changes in plant breeding since I started growing, so I haven't kept up. :shrug:

Return to “Current Politics”