Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The Stupid Thread

Chilidog

Re: The Stupid Thread

Post by Chilidog »

Louis Gohmert in a hearing by the House Natural Resources Committee:
"I understand, from what's been testified to the Forest Service and the BLM, you want very much to work on the issue of climate change. I was informed by the immediate past director of NASA that they've found that the moon's orbit is changing slightly and so is the Earth's orbit around the sun. We know there's been significant solar flare activity. And so, is there anything that the National Forest Service or BLM can do to change the course of the moon's orbit or the Earth's orbit around the sun? Obviously, that would have profound effects on our climate."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... s-n1270219
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Calculated risk that any stunt driver takes. This guy and his rig had been touring the US. It's unclear from the images taken, several angles on the web, if the jet engine malfunctioned or something else. I have the suspicion the truck overturned, my analysis would be that the near low fly-by of the two jets created air turbulence that destabilized the truck.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Explanation to the jet truck stuff and attempt to explain the accident from video footage

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Home made Cluster Bombs are the best.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:42 pm https:// twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1544524586720436225
OMG! I feel so bad for that family. That's awful.

Hi RV. ((((Welcome back))))
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:15 am
RVInit wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:42 pm https:// twitter.com/donwinslow/status/1544524586720436225
They had a baby front and center; the one woman grabs it immediately and runs off.

I hate fireworks in private hands (or ex-hands, in many cases).
tek

Post by tek »

Did someone say "It's not gonna work. You gotta put it in the chute."

:cantlook:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

"SimpliSafe" :lol:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

tek wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:14 am Did someone say "It's not gonna work. You gotta put it in the chute."

:cantlook:
Put it in the shoe. At least that's how we did it.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Why idiots without training should not be handling this stuff:

1. Put the firework in the chute (the launcher that points up).
2. Don't be lighting commercial-grade fireworks within 25 feet of anybody, in the front yard of your neighborhood.
3. Don't store your other fireworks, outside of a firebox, within 20 feet of where you are launching the other fireworks.
101010 :towel:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:06 am Why idiots without training should not be handling this stuff:

1. Put the firework in the chute (the launcher that points up).
2. Don't be lighting commercial-grade fireworks within 25 feet of anybody, in the front yard of your neighborhood.
3. Don't store your other fireworks, outside of a firebox, within 20 feet of where you are launching the other fireworks.
4. Have a hose ready charged with water.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

That too.

I could come up with 10 bagillion more safety rules but that would just be piling on.
101010 :towel:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

I'm waiting to hear if this family now posts a GoFundMe request to help buy a new car, fix their home, and pay their medical bills. I'm assuming there was quite a bit of damage before the fire dept arrived.

And who posts their greatest moments of stupid captured on their security system on the Internet? That would be one video I would not discuss. The Ghost of Dick Nixon would visit the DVR and do some disappearing.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hope their home owners and car insurances cover stupidity.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Paul fixed it!

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Change approved. :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Jim wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:57 pm Hope their home owners and car insurances cover stupidity.
I can hear the insurance adjuster now. "We're giving you a 5 percent discount because you have a SimpliSafe alarm system, but we're going to quintuple your premiums because you were handling explosives in your front yard and were incredibly stupid about it. Oh, and this claim is denied due to contributory negligence".
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Jim wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:57 pm Hope their home owners and car insurances cover stupidity.
Washington State has banned all aerial fireworks for years. King County has a few jurisdictions which are still allowing fireworks (not aerials), but essentially fireworks are completely banned in King County.

So...if that happened where I live, those people wouldn't get a dime, since that activity is illegal.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:15 am

Hi RV. ((((Welcome back))))
Hi Bill!

True to form, the very day I came back you posted a lovely story of another one of your neighborly activities. It helped warm my heart, which was much needed. I thank you for all the feel good stuff you post, you are one of the bright lights in a more and more dark world.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Azastan wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:01 pm
Washington State has banned all aerial fireworks for years. King County has a few jurisdictions which are still allowing fireworks (not aerials), but essentially fireworks are completely banned in King County.

So...if that happened where I live, those people wouldn't get a dime, since that activity is illegal.
I didn't stop when I was out that way two weeks ago, but on the Suquamish reservation between Bainbridge Island and Poulsbo in Kitsap County, there were several immense fireworks stands set up on the side of the road for people heading towards Bainbridge Island and the ferry back to Seattle. They've been there for years. I'm sure most of their sales are to people from King County.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I can't always follow videos (or recordings), so I didn't get what happened at first. They set off a firework way too close to themselves, and they had a ton of fireworks behind their car, also too close, so they caught and went off and went all sideways? I REALLY want to see the after of the car. And possibly the house.

While the one woman grabs the baby (front and center), the one man darts off and leaves two boys to fend for themselves.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:47 pm
Azastan wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:01 pm

I didn't stop when I was out that way two weeks ago, but on the Suquamish reservation between Bainbridge Island and Poulsbo in Kitsap County, there were several immense fireworks stands set up on the side of the road for people heading towards Bainbridge Island and the ferry back to Seattle. They've been there for years. I'm sure most of their sales are to people from King County.
Yes, the reservations sell the big stuff, but removing it from the reservation brings it into Washington State, and it's illegal statewide. Just because you can buy it doesn't make it legal to use. King County passed the law banning all fireworks in unincorporated King County last year, and it took effect this year.

That was actually my point--in Washington State (unless you live on a Native American reservation) the fireworks being used in that video would be illegal and your insurance wouldn't cover any damage.
County officials pointed to several wildfires sparked by fireworks in rural and unincorporated communities in recent years, including a deadly 2019 house fire in White Center, which is included under the new ban. Other areas subject to the new restrictions include Skyway, Vashon Island, Snoqualmie Valley, Enumclaw Plateau and Greater Maple Valley.

Consumer fireworks are banned in the vast majority of King County cities, including Seattle, Bellevue, Renton, Redmond, Kirkland and Issaquah. A handful of cities allow fireworks to be discharged during a limited window: Mercer Island, Enumclaw, Auburn, Snoqualmie and Normandy Park.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”