Post by Gene Kooper »

I don't know what to say other than, stupid is as stupid does!! :stars:

And by "does" I mean female deer. :rotflmao:

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Re: The Stupid Thread

Post by keith »

Am I the only one who realizes that the woman is putting the radio jock on?

Hell, its probably a setup between them.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

:mrgreen:

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

At least she's embarrassed for being incredibly stupid.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I still dont believe it.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Mr. Gneiss wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:54 am :mrgreen:

There’s also a purported letter to an Indiana newspaper (print) on same deer crossing topic.
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

It's a pretty old gag, even The Simpsons did it:
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Geezo, wheezo, none of those other "gags" ended with "Donna the Deer Lady" getting a t-shirt. :mrgreen:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Fact check: U.S. senator falsely claims athletes 'dropping dead' after receiving COVID vaccine

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politi ... m=referral
U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisconsin, is once again making waves with his false claims about COVID-19.

This time, Johnson, who recently announced his re-election campaign, took to the Charlie Kirk Show on Jan. 26, 2022 to talk about COVID-19 vaccines.

"We’ve heard story after story. All these athletes dropping dead on the field," he said during a conversation on the radio show about adverse effects of the vaccine. "But we’re supposed to ignore that. Nothing happening here, nothing to see. This is a travesty, this is a scandal."

:snippity:

Is Johnson right?

No.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Some morons were out on Lake Erie, riding their snowmobiles on the ice and the ice floe they were on broke off from the rest of the ice. USCG helicopter had to rescue them.

We haven't had prolonged below-freezing temperatures for long enough for the ice to get very thick.

https://weather.com/news/video/coast-gu ... e-erie-ice

Every once in a while, someone drives their car or truck out onto the ice and falls through. It is rare, but not unheard of for someone to try to drive to Canada across the lake. A few have made it. A few have not.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

When I lived up north, it felt like one or two snowmobilers were lost each year when they ran their machine off the end of the ice at 60-70 mph on one of the larger inland lakes up there. People don't try Lake Michigan because it has only rarely gotten to 90% frozen and on the west side, it tends to chunk up in piles of ice.

Even now, there are a few sips out on Lake Huron and Lake Michigan though they are not moving right now. Also, a coast guard cutter is coming out of the St. Mary's River from Lake Superior.
101010 :towel:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

northland10 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:58 am When I lived up north, it felt like one or two snowmobilers were lost each year when they ran their machine off the end of the ice at 60-70 mph on one of the larger inland lakes up there. People don't try Lake Michigan because it has only rarely gotten to 90% frozen and on the west side, it tends to chunk up in piles of ice.
Erie is the most shallow of the Great Lakes and normally freezes first. I've been on the ice a few times there but I would not be cra-cra enough to drive a vehicle onto it.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Fer real? Good lord. :roll:
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

That there is a veritable Möbius strip of stupid. :brickwallsmall:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

northland10 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:58 am When I lived up north, it felt like one or two snowmobilers were lost each year when they ran their machine off the end of the ice at 60-70 mph on one of the larger inland lakes up there. People don't try Lake Michigan because it has only rarely gotten to 90% frozen and on the west side, it tends to chunk up in piles of ice.
That sounds like a horrendous way to go, though that seems to be Darwin Award type behavior, and not something I'd be excessively sympathetic to. A friend lives in a rural Wisconsin town bisected by a moderately large and gentle-flowing river. The river freezes solid and becomes a natural snowmobile raceway each year.

Apparently, there are far too many fatalities from people flying down the riverbed and skidding out on the gentle turn right before the river flows under the bridge carrying the main highway through town. The river is about fifty feet wide and not that deep, so there are a lot of closely spaced bridge pilings to support a flat span. People can't see the bridge until they clear the turn, and they discover too late that it's hard to shoot the narrow (8 foot) spaces between the pilings. And if they're drunk, it's even less likely that they'll be able to thread that particular needle. More Darwin!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Health care workers say they're facing verbal and physical abuse amid spread of COVID misinformation

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-misi ... =151449082
"Every day I read about reports in which my staff are either verbally or physically abused," Henson told CBS News. "We've ensured that we have public safety officers throughout the hospital."

Just 47% of Henry County residents are fully vaccinated, according to the Georgia Department of Health — much lower than the 64% who are fully vaccinated nationwide.

"There's a widespread perception in our community that COVID is a hoax, that it's being overblown by the media," respiratory therapist Steven Wasson told CBS News.

Dr. Gregory Evans said health care workers regularly have "emotionally tense" conversations with families. Verbal attacks toward them include "accusations of why we aren't giving certain medications that they may have researched on the internet," Evans told CBS News.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

theresa
@TheresaC1231
· 41m
Parents of Sick Child Reject Blood From COVID-Vaccinated Donors #NewsBreak https://newsbreakapp.com/n/0e8931wm?pd= ... en_US&s=i2
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:05 pm Image
George Takei
@GeorgeTakei
·
8m
Over 70% of older Americans who are dying from COVID died as Republicans, and some people want #RepublicanRule?
Quote Tweet
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
· 5h
Over 70% of Americans who died with COVID, died on Medicare, and some people want #MedicareForAll ?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I love George Takei. He's truly a national treasure!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Something a little different, yet still stupid! An epic thread on gubmint cheese, highly recommended.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

chill out and eat more mac-and-cheese :twisted:

► Show Spoiler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Turn back the clock the 14th century, and join Pastor Greg Locke as he castigates the witches in their midst. Ugh.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”