The Stupid Thread

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Why chose a "Christian" telecom provider when you abhore science? They do not provide networking by their own, just subscribe to bandwidth of physical providers to offer a virtual network. Those totally unchristian providers one can directly subscribe to for full service too ... :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:00 am Why chose a "Christian" telecom provider when you abhore science? They do not provide networking by their own, just subscribe to bandwidth of physical providers to offer a virtual network. Those totally unchristian providers one can directly subscribe to for full service too ... :confuzzled:
That they use other carriers' networks was pointed out many times in the comments, along with paranoia about the gov't spying. Probably the same people who wanted gov't spying after 9/11.

(I don't think the gov't should spy without due process. But as my parents would say, if they had spied on us, they'd have gotten bored mighty quick.)
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:23 pm Anything marketed with "patriot" in the name is an immediate red flag for me. Scam scam scam.
Same with "tactical."
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

Oh no. The technical base layer (aka long underwear) I got from Cabelas is a scam? :shock: :faint:
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:23 am Oh no. The technical base layer (aka long underwear) I got from Cabelas is a scam? :shock: :faint:
Not if they’re tactical. How are they tactical?
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:56 am
bill_g wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:23 am Oh no. The technical base layer (aka long underwear) I got from Cabelas is a scam? :shock: :faint:
They are black polyester and kevlar fabric!
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:10 am
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:56 am
They are black polyester and kevlar fabric!
Ah, I forgot the former Portland is now a post-apocalyptic hellscape.
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:18 am Ah, I forgot the former Portland is now a post-apocalyptic hellscape.
Indeed it is. Wake up everyday to the latest weather and radiation reports.

Everything you need to know about base layer.

ETA: All the stories about the Democrat controlled state legislature mandating Wonder Woman bracelets and head band are ridiculous confabulations of the rabid Republican right wing. They are entirely optional. You DON'T have to wear them, though that is entirely at your own risk. I can say first hand (and some in this forum can back me up here) they are darn handy in the frequent battles at supermarket and home improvement parking lots. Me personally myself I don't wear the head band because it musses up my hair, and makes a dent in my forehead that hurts like hell. I take my chances with the bracelets alone. I just wanted to get the record straight. There is so much misinformation out there these days.

ETA ETA: If anyone can explain how this song gets played at every fight, please let me know. I have just about had enough of it.

johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

The Stupid Thread

Post by johnpcapitalist »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:23 pm Anything marketed with "patriot" in the name is an immediate red flag for me. Scam scam scam.
Wasn't there a scam with "patriot phones" in the aftermath of January 6, where the company offered cellphones that were allegedly protected against FBI/CIA spying, but turned out to be cheap Chinese models that were, in fact, loaded with viruses and malware? This was in response to the fact that the feds were painstakingly tracking every cellphone that was pinging within the capitol complex that day as a key means to identify traitors.
Dr. Ken

The Stupid Thread

Post by Dr. Ken »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:20 am
Wasn't there a scam with "patriot phones" in the aftermath of January 6, where the company offered cellphones that were allegedly protected against FBI/CIA spying, but turned out to be cheap Chinese models that were, in fact, loaded with viruses and malware? This was in response to the fact that the feds were painstakingly tracking every cellphone that was pinging within the capitol complex that day as a key means to identify traitors.
That was the "freedom phone"
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

The Stupid Thread

Post by poplove »

Today in Las Vegas: Clark County District Court Judge Mary Kay Holthus attacked by defendant who was being sentenced for robbery. Some funny comments.

pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

poplove wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:58 pm Today in Las Vegas: Clark County District Court Judge Mary Kay Holthus attacked by defendant who was being sentenced for robbery. Some funny comments.

I found another version where they show her on her feet-looks like she may have hit her head as she was rubbing it. I can't believe all those officers couldn't stop him before he got that far.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

The Stupid Thread

Post by keith »

poplove wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:58 pm Today in Las Vegas: Clark County District Court Judge Mary Kay Holthus attacked by defendant who was being sentenced for robbery. Some funny comments.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS5exubqhbo
JFC. Hope she's OK.

ETA: apparently she hit her head but is OK
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

What the heck was that officer doing. He was slapping the guys back, but that's the least susceptible area of the body to damage. Pull him away or throw yourself on him, you arsewipe.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Judge in Las Vegas Attacked By Man Who Was Denied Probation

By Jesus Jiménez
Jan. 3, 2024, 9:22 p.m. ET

A man who had been denied probation attacked a judge during his sentencing in a Nevada courtroom on Wednesday in a violent episode that was captured on video.

The man, Deobra Redden, 30, was in court in Las Vegas for a sentencing hearing on Wednesday morning after pleading guilty to attempted battery with substantial bodily harm, a spokeswoman for the Eighth Judicial District Court said in a statement on Wednesday.

In a video of the hearing, which circulated widely on social media, Mr. Redden is seen leaping over a courtroom bench onto Judge Mary Kay Holthus, sending flags behind the bench falling to the ground. The bench blocks the view of Judge Holthus and Mr. Redden for a few moments in the video as cursing is heard in the background. Seconds later, three men are seen trying to subdue Mr. Redden while also repeatedly punching him.

Judge Holthus, 62, was injured, and her condition was being monitored, the court spokeswoman said. A court marshal was also injured and taken to a hospital, where he was believed to be in stable condition, the spokeswoman said.

“We commend the heroic acts of her staff, law enforcement, and all others who subdued the defendant,” the Eighth Judicial District Court said in a statement. “The court remains committed to a safe and secure courthouse and courtrooms. We are reviewing all our protocols and will do whatever is necessary to protect the judiciary, the public and our employees.

Judge Holthus and a lawyer for Mr. Redden did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Wednesday.

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said that detectives were investigating a battery at the courthouse on Wednesday morning. In a statement that did not identify anyone involved in the attack, the Police Department said that two victims were taken to the University Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, and that the suspect was in custody.

Just before Mr. Redden leaped over the bench, his lawyer asked Judge Holthus to sentence Mr. Redden to probation.

“I appreciate that, but I think it’s time he get a taste of something else,” Judge Holthus said before continuing with her sentencing.

“I just can’t with that history,” Judge Holthus said, appearing to refer to Mr. Redden’s criminal background.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/03/us/l ... ncing.html
shared: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/03/us/l ... =url-share
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

The Stupid Thread

Post by neonzx »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:22 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:46 am Who the hell is Kevin Sorbo?
Once upon a time he was Hercules. After that? :shrug:
B-lister at best. Never saw that movie.

I have Mint Mobile, which Ryan Reynolds invested in. It was acquired by T-Mobile this year. I'd prefer Dead Pool get a slice of my money.
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

So, Imma guessing that's a guilty. Wait until sentencing. He'll be strapped down like Hannibal Lecter.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

bill_g wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:44 am

So, Imma guessing that's a guilty. Wait until sentencing. He'll be strapped down like Hannibal Lecter.
he was pissed he didn't get probation.
Again.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:31 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:44 am

he was pissed he didn't get probation.
Again.
Yep. And he won't get it again either. What a marroon.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

Dude needs to learn, when the judge is making a point don't help.
101010 :towel:
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

This story is almost two years old, but still very stoopid.

Florida man with state tattooed to his forehead arrested for calling 911 for ride home.

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Flatpoint High »

well at least people will know where to return him.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

So, he's a dick head.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol: clickbait machine, watch to the end ;)

RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

This is the original the guy above copied :biggrin:
Unveiling the Secrets: How I Created an Eternal Generator

Great Inventions
Premiered on 14 Sept 2023 HOA KỲ

In this video, I'm going to reveal the secrets behind my Eternal Generator. This generator has allowed me to generate an unlimited amount of money without having to work for it, and it's helped me become incredibly wealthy.

If you're looking for a way to become rich quickly, then this video is for you! I'll show you how to create your own Eternal Generator and how to use it to generate an unlimited amount of money. This generator is a secret that I'm sharing with you in this video, so be sure to subscribe to my channel to learn more!

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”