trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
sugar magnolia

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Post by sugar magnolia »

There's so much erroneous bullshit spewed in that post I'm not even going to try to counter the claims individually. What I will say is that your sermon about how many women die from abortions TOTALLY misses the point. The point is that women are dying BECAUSE of the lack of safe medical abortions, not DUE to them.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:yeahthat:
Image Image Image Image
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

How many haybales did Suranis waste in constructing those strawmen? I'm setting the O/U at 3.5.

To address one of the strawmen he built, the case-fatality ratio for illegal or self-induced abortions (ISIA) in 1972 was 30 per 100,000 ISIA (39 deaths, ~130,000 ISIA). There were over 1 million legal induced abortions (LIA) in 2022, so the case-fatality rate was less than 0.8 per 100,000 LIA. That means illegal abortions then were 38 times more likely to result in death than now. That said, the case-fatality rate for LIA in the first 5 years of Roe (73-77) was 2.09, so ISIA was "only" 14-15 times deadlier then, and thus the rate for ISIA now would probably go down simply due to medical advances. Of note, from 2013-2020, the case-fatality rate was 0.45 per 100,000 LIA.

Source for post-Roe data: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/72/ss/ ... m#T15_down
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm There's so much erroneous bullshit spewed in that post I'm not even going to try to counter the claims individually. What I will say is that your sermon about how many women die from abortions TOTALLY misses the point. The point is that women are dying BECAUSE of the lack of safe medical abortions, not DUE to them.
I'm just glad that person got all that off their chest. I mean, imagine a woman having bodily autonomy in 2024? How outrageous that must seem to a . . . nah, better not.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

And he wonders why he can't get laid.
Image Image Image Image
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Sad, sad incel. Surely there is a forum on the Internet for bitter fundamentalist Catholic incels who can talk endlessly about sluts who get abortions for convenience. I suggest that he go there without delay.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Word on the street (OK, OK, the street is WaPo, but I'm not going to dig out the link, so...) is that Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis met privately this morning in Miami, for several hours and DeSantis agreed to help Trump.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 pm Word on the street (OK, OK, the street is WaPo, but I'm not going to dig out the link, so...) is that Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis met privately this morning in Miami, for several hours and DeSantis agreed to help Trump.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna149715
raison de arizona

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:38 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 pm Word on the street (OK, OK, the street is WaPo, but I'm not going to dig out the link, so...) is that Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis met privately this morning in Miami, for several hours and DeSantis agreed to help Trump.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-e ... rcna149715
Gracias!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Ron Filipkowski@RonFilipkowski
The Constitution says you’re allowed to protest.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

neonzx wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 am
Would that include the protesters he asked for at his trial(s)?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:11 am https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 2425676892
:think: that's not what he said on January 6 :doh:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Yeah, I wonder why he's not telling the protestors that they're very special and he loves them.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

"My butt. The numbers came out of my butt."
American Bridge 21st Century @American_Bridge wrote: WATCH: Trump is gently pressed for sources on his ridiculous claim that Venezuela is exporting its crime to the United States and he can’t come up with an answer. That’s because it's a lie.
raison de arizona

Imma not hold my breath, K?
Glenn Kirschner @glennkirschner2 wrote: Now that Judge Merchan found - beyond a reasonable doubt - that Trump violated NY state law NINE TIMES & held him in criminal contempt, what should happen in Trump’s other criminal cases regarding his pretrial release?
John Thomas8

trump (the former guy)

Post by John Thomas8 »

Luke wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:45 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:55 am You're confusing the order of events, in regards of the wonderful human being that is Jason Miller.

He was married and banging the stripper on the side.
Stripper gets in the family way, Jason wants her to get an abortion.
Stripper wants the baby, maybe she's Catholic, who knows?
Jason gets her drunk, slips a Plan B in her drink.
Stripper miscarries. Problem solved!

If some of the Yahoos Jake would theoretically support had their way, he might get charged with murder for that.
Oh, that makes it much better. Would you please ask Lt. Root Beer -- since they were just hand jobs, does that make it OK? She's my go-to on these types of matters.

He also had a kid with AJ Delgato who lives in Miami and shafted her for child support. Can't imagine why such a delightful and handsome guy needed to hire prostitutes.
Former Trump aide Jason Miller said he hired prostitutes and visited massage parlors, court documents say
Tom Porter Jul 17, 2019, 11:02 AM

Jason Miller, a Republican operative and former aide to President Donald Trump, said he had extramarital affairs, hired prostitutes, and visited massage parlors for hand jobs, court documents obtained by Mediaite say.
He was deposed as a part of a defamation lawsuit he filed against the media company Gizmodo.
In the deposition, Miller said he'd visited "Asian themed" massage parlors in several cities and hired prostitutes while he was married.
Miller accused Gizmodo of defaming him in a report on an allegation from his former girlfriend AJ Delgado that he had given a dancer at a strip club in Florida abortion drugs after impregnating her.
The story was based on a sealed court filing in a custody battle for Delgado and Miller's son.
Miller has strenuously denied the accusations and says the story was untrue.
Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A former aide to President Donald Trump said in court documents unsealed last week that he hired prostitutes and visited "Asian themed" massage parlors for sexual services.

Jason Miller made the statements in a deposition in Washington, DC, on May 30 as part of his defamation lawsuit against the media company Gizmodo. The deposition was first reported by Mediaite on Tuesday. Miller accused Gizmodo of defaming him in a report on an allegation, made by his former girlfriend AJ Delgado last year in a sealed filing in a custody battle for their son, that he had given a dancer at a strip club in Florida abortion drugs in a smoothie after getting her pregnant. He has strenuously denied the allegation and says the story was untrue.

In the deposition, Miller said he had affairs with two campaign staffers, including Delgado, while on the campaign trail and while his wife was pregnant with their second child. He described "other indiscretions," including visiting "Asian themed" massage parlors in New York, Washington, Miami, and Virginia. When asked whether the visits were sexual, he said he'd gotten "a hand job at a massage parlor" four or five times. In the deposition, Miller said he hired a prostitute in 2015 and again in 2017, shortly after trying to reconcile with his wife. He said he last visited a massage parlor in New York "a couple of months" before his deposition testimony. Miller also said he had visited strip clubs from about 2000 to 2016 but did not have sex with strippers at them.

In a statement to Mediaite, Miller said: "I am not commenting on the lawsuit. I know I am an imperfect person and have made a number of mistakes in my life. "I love my family and have spent much of the past two years asking for forgiveness and working to prove my commitment to them and to become a better person for them. I'm extremely grateful we've been able to keep our family together. "Others I've disappointed with my actions will see a pathway toward forgiveness and some may not, but that doesn't mean I'll stop trying." Miller's attorney did not immediately respond to a request from Business Insider for further comment. Miller, a senior communications adviser to the Trump campaign, was named White House communications director when Trump was waiting to take office in late 2016. He withdrew from the position before Trump's inauguration, following allegations of an affair.
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-a ... tes-2019-7
Ex-Trump Aide Accuses Jason Miller's Attorney of Sending Her Sexist Emails
BY DANIEL VILLARREAL ON 9/11/20 AT 11:43 PM EDT

In a series of tweets posted Friday evening, A.J. Delgado, a former senior adviser and aide to Republican President Donald Trump, accused Jason Miller, an adviser to the Trump campaign, and his lawyer of sending her and her lawyer sexist emails. Delgado was hired by the Trump campaign in August 2016, began her affair with Miller the following October and became impregnated by Miller the following month. Delgado alleges that Miller had initially informed her that he had separated from his wife. However, Miller hadn't and was, in fact, expecting a child with her when Delgado realized she herself was pregnant with Miller's child.

Last December, Delgado filed a lawsuit against the Trump campaign for pregnancy discrimination, further, alleging that during her pregnancy, Miller told her that she couldn't be seen "waddling around the White House pregnant." She also claimed that then-Trump press secretary Sean Spicer told her the White House is "no place for a new mom." Delgado further alleged that she had reached a confidential settlement with the Trump campaign for an undisclosed sum via arbitration on May 2017, but that the campaign went back on the agreed settlement. Miller resigned from Trump's transition team in December 2016 even though he had reportedly been under consideration to become the White House communications director. He was re-hired by the Trump reelection campaign in June. He is currently in an ongoing custody battle with Delgado.

On Friday, Delgado announced that she would tweet out one email a day illustrating sexism from Miller and his lawyer, Sandy T. Fox. Delgado began with a response allegedly sent by Fox around January 3, 2020, after Delgado notified Miller that she would need a "continued deposition" from him. "When I politely inquired about scheduling Miller's deposition," Delgado wrote in her tweets, "This was the response I received:"

"While I understand that you are still infatuated with Mr. Miller this does not entitle you to multiple depositions nor will my client appear for multiple depositions," Delgado claims Fox wrote back.
https://www.newsweek.com/ex-trump-aide- ... ls-1531466

Probably got him a friggin raise with DL2XIT.
This suit is still on going and his lawyer team has decided they've had enough:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/30/us/p ... lgado.html

The firm — LaRocca, Hornik, Greenberg, Rosen, Kittridge, Carlin and McPartland — has represented Mr. Trump’s political operation in numerous suits dating to his first presidential run, helping secure several settlements and dismissals and billing nearly $3 million in the process.

But late on Friday, it asked a federal magistrate judge to allow it to withdraw from a suit filed by a former campaign communications adviser, A.J. Delgado, who says she was sidelined by the campaign in 2016 after revealing she was pregnant. The timing of the motion was notable, just two days after the same federal court had ordered the campaign to turn over in discovery all complaints of sexual harassment and gender or pregnancy discrimination from the 2016 and 2020 campaigns — materials that the defendants have long resisted handing over.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Should we add "contemnor" to the title?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

New Turtle wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:00 pm Should we add "contemnor" to the title?
Done.
p0rtia

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $83M)

Post by p0rtia »

How 'bout "fuckhead"?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

As a fuckhead in good standing I would not wish to be associated with the Turnip.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

:bwahaha:
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 9456433498
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump wrote: Contrary to the FAKE NEWS MEDIA, I don’t fall asleep during the Crooked D.A.’s Witch Hunt, especially not today. I simply close my beautiful blue eyes, sometimes, listen intensely, and take it ALL in!!!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Continuing a discussion from the Bragg Manhattan DA charges thread that's more appropriate for this thread.
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:40 pm Go easy on us, chancery, even SCOTUS gets it wrong repeatedly:
The Eighth Amendment protects against excessive civil fines, including forfeitures. Alexander v. United States, 509 U.S. 544, 113 S.Ct. 2766, 125 L.Ed.2d 441 (1993); Austin v. United States, 509 U.S. 602, 113 S.Ct. 2801, 125 L.Ed.2d 488 (1993).
Hudson et al. v United States, 522 U.S. 93,118 S.Ct. 488, 139 L.Ed.2d 450

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/522/93
:o :mad: :cantlook: :bag:

Yabut :fingerwag:

When a civil enforcement statute has a schedule of fixed monetary penalties, I'll concede that it's understandable that people might refer to those penalties alternatively as "fines."

But there's nothing like that in the NYSG proceeding, only "damages and restitution." Even more so in the Carroll actions, which were not brought by a government entity.

Also, too, should people say say "nauseous" when they mean "nauseated"?
Should they say "each more atrocious than the next?"

:brickwallsmall:

:biggrin: So no, I'll not cut you any slack, at least not when it comes to thread subjects that get repeated with each new post. MN-Skeptic finessed that nicely.
raison de arizona

A real Man of the People. Amazing coincidence that it happened to be right outside their television studio.
Trump War Room @TrumpWarRoom wrote: RIGHT NOW: President Trump delivers pizza to FDNY in New York! 🍕
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

His future after his next bankruptcy

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”