Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Gregg

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:49 am
Trump will always be there to stand up for oppressed millionaires struggling to become billionaires.
Kids, this is sucking up to get a PGA event moved to one of his golf courses.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:40 pm
Trump will always be there to stand up for oppressed millionaires struggling to become billionaires.
Two, actually.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I will admit that I've reached the point that this is what I see and hear every time Trump calls out 'Witch Hunt!'

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:21 pm
Kash Patel announces he has just been designated by Trump as his official representative to the National Archives, “and I’m gonna march down there and identify every single document they’ve blocked from being declassified .. Russiagate is not over! It hasn’t even begun!
??? How easy is it to storm the National Archives? Not familiar with DC, so input would be appreciated.
I mean, does Kash Patel even have his own security clearance anymore? If the documents have been blocked from being declassified, then they are still classified, right?

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:02 pm
Kash Patel announces he has just been designated by Trump as his official representative to the National Archives, “and I’m gonna march down there and identify every single document they’ve blocked from being declassified .. Russiagate is not over! It hasn’t even begun!
??? How easy is it to storm the National Archives? Not familiar with DC, so input would be appreciated.
I mean, does Kash Patel even have his own security clearance anymore? If the documents have been blocked from being declassified, then they are still classified, right?
Patel may still have a security clearance. It is my understanding that the clearance stays in effect until it expires, which may not coincide with leaving office.

OTOH, it is also my understanding that, even with the appropriate level of clearance, one can't simply walk in and demand to see classified documents. The "need to know" policy would apply, would it not? Since Patel no longer has any official function, it is hard to see how he could claim a valid "need to know".
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:13 pm

Patel may still have a security clearance. It is my understanding that the clearance stays in effect until it expires, which may not coincide with leaving office.

OTOH, it is also my understanding that, even with the appropriate level of clearance, one can't simply walk in and demand to see classified documents. The "need to know" policy would apply, would it not? Since Patel no longer has any official function, it is hard to see how he could claim a valid "need to know".
It does depend on the job, actually -- in some jobs, you don't actually retain your clearance itself when you leave, just the adjudication you are eligible for one. And, yes, 'need to know' would still apply. That actually almost bit me in the backside a year and a half ago when my supervisor retired, and in the brief window before he came back as a contractor (and his clearance and access were formally restored), my final evaluation which he never finished was due; we had to get special clearance for him to get access back to certain systems to view a limited subset of work product and write my eval.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Probably posted before but I just saw it.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:18 pm

It does depend on the job, actually -- in some jobs, you don't actually retain your clearance itself when you leave, just the adjudication you are eligible for one. And, yes, 'need to know' would still apply. That actually almost bit me in the backside a year and a half ago when my supervisor retired, and in the brief window before he came back as a contractor (and his clearance and access were formally restored), my final evaluation which he never finished was due; we had to get special clearance for him to get access back to certain systems to view a limited subset of work product and write my eval.
At one point mebbe a year ago the DOJ was going after Patel for disclosing classified info IIRC. Does that ring a bell with anyone and do they recall whatever happened with it?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I don't think Revenge Tour is considered a legitimate business need.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:40 pm
Replace PGA with NFL and LIV with USFL (1980s version) and you have a 1980s tweet when he bought the NJ Generals. He would have probably included how he gave Herschel Walker a team to play on when the NFL would not (ignore the fact he was drafted the year before).

Now I wonder if the LIV Tour (of which I no nothing) will suffer the same success as the USFL when Trump pushed them to go head to head with the NFL in the fall. Instead, they died before one fall season and the NFL did not take in a few USFL teams like his (which may have been his attempt all along).
101010 :towel:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:29 pm Why isn’t Kash in jail? Will we ever find out why Nunes bailed outta his Uber in the middle of a ride in order to race to the WH? I would call those two thugs, except I bet Nunes is a first-order wimp.

Can a wimp be a thug? :confuzzled:
You bet right. He was our Congressman for about 12 years, mebbe more. He avoided his constituents at his local offices when he started following the lead of tfg. He would only appear for radio interviews on the local ultra conservative radio station, KMJ.

If you'll recall, he has filed countless defamation lawsuits against major media outlets using that crack litigator, Biss. I believe they were all tossed.

He sued to appear on the ballot as a "farmer," despite his family pulling out of Tulare County many years earlier and moving their dairy operations to NW Iowa. (He won.) He hasn't been near a dairy cow or other farm-related activity in years. Sure, he likely has an ownership interest in one or more farming operations, but that don't make you a farmer.

He has incredibly thin skin for a politician.

Nunes is a wimp just like tfg, only without the appearance of immeasurable wealth. So, yes, wimps can be thugs.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

But he is suing the Cow on Twitter!

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Shingo@sifitkammfp
Replying to @alexjholder

Man. Woman. Person. Camera. TV. Water. Table.
2:14 PM · Jun 23, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/sifitkammfp/status/ ... 7543068672
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I heard someone who has interviewed him before, I think on CNN, yesterday, say the same thing, that anyone who interviews him knows how much he has to produce his interviews.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

But her emails. Also, me me me me me.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

So they're admitting it now?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:32 pm So they're admitting it now?
Sure, now that there's a result big enough that they can have some twisted pride in it. Before that, when it didn't produce a big enough bang, it was a loser move. Now it's a power move.

Or something. Hell if I know.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Next domino "SCOTUS expanded to 13 Justices, number of Circuit and Appeals Court benches doubled, liberal control of courts assured for 100 years" followed by "DC and Puerto Rico Statehood, Senate Balance changed for generations".

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:52 pm Next domino "SCOTUS expanded to 13 Justices, number of Circuit and Appeals Court benches doubled, liberal control of courts assured for 100 years" followed by "DC and Puerto Rico Statehood, Senate Balance changed for generations".
but how to get those Justices approved with this Senate? And they don't consider in election years....
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

As I understand it, a person’s clearance is good for two years after they leave federal service or federal contract work (that’s how it used to be anyway; I think it’s still true). It goes from “active” to “current,” so if you get rehired within that time frame you don’t have to get another background investigation and your clearance will be reactivated. If I have that right, Patel’s clearance will terminate on 20 Jan 2023.

Since his clearance is only current and not active, he’s ineligible to handle classified information. And, as you say, as a mere citizen and not a federal employee or contractor, he also doesn’t have a need to know.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Patience. It took Republicans 50 years to trash the courts, we ain't gonna clean it up in a day. But getting 53 Senators is a must.

And anyone who can look me in the eye and say Mitch McConnell doesn't already have the speech ready for when he tosses out the filibuster to help him pass the new Nuremburg Code is foolish. If they decide they have 50 plus the VP in 3 years and want to make a national abortion prohibition Mitch will go on Fox News and explain he never thought much of the filibuster anyhow and it is not in the Constitution so why is anyone even thinking he is wrong?

Get 50 + 1 without Manchin and Senator Curtsey and then the work can begin.

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Gregg, where do you think we have our best pickup opportunities? I think Ryan in OH and Fetterman in PA. Outside chance of Demings in FLA. Anyone else?
raison de arizona

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:44 pm Gregg, where do you think we have our best pickup opportunities? I think Ryan in OH and Fetterman in PA. Outside chance of Demings in FLA. Anyone else?
FWIW, those are the three I've been donating to. And I'm hopeful on Demings.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”