trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
pipistrelle

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:16 pm I'm going to go out on a very short and sturdy limb here and say the FBI doesn't raid the residence of a former president unless they're 110% sure they have something.
Yeah, but I wonder what it would be and if they’ll end up empty handed given the lapse of time.

Someone asked if the FBI brought a plumber.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Wonder how Fox is going to report this? Too busy watching CNN right now to switch channels.
bob

Post by bob »

I'm going to take the over on whether AGOTUS Actual approved it.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Well now we'll get a glimpse of the level and type of push back (read right-wing violence) all the scardies have been predicting should we the Garland DOJ or anyone else try to hold this monster responsible.

Okay, never mind. CNN says it could be nothing. They're discussing all the other things it could be other than y'know, seditious conspiracy or some other federal crime. Could be jaywalking. Who knows?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I remember a story, years and years ago, when trump was being invested in NY for something trumpy. He was told to preserve documents which, of course, resulted him in running every shredder in the building. But when the prosecutor found out he had there was no evidence available, he had no choice but to drop the investigation.

(I can't help but wonder if there was some under the table shit going on).

I'll see if I can find the story.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump was not in Florida when the Mar-a-Lago search happened. He is at Trump Tower in New York, I am told.

Stephanie Grisham is on the CNN panel right now, she noted that from the way his comments were worded (paraphrasing), she thinks he's pretty nervous right now.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:rimshot:
bob

Post by bob »

This makes sense, as the improper removal is about the possible easiest charge to make stick.

Upthread, PopeHat explained the details in the warrant application will likely remain unknown for awhile. But the 'Hat believes the warrant itself will be published soon enough, and we'll be able to read its tea leaves for insights into the feeb's thinking.
Image ImageImage
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Going to repeat his hissy-fit directly. What, no mention of Hunter? He is way off his game.

humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:18 pm I'm going to take the over on whether AGOTUS Actual approved it.
But who signed it? Who appointed that judge? :thumbsup:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
bob

Post by bob »

They even broke into my safe!
Just wait 'til Foogy learns the pee-pee tapes are real!

humblescribe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:38 pmBut who signed it?
The judge residing in an undisclosed location.
Image ImageImage
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Finally some truth on Truth Social.
F237CED6-1E17-4BCA-9A01-A1328584523F.jpeg
F237CED6-1E17-4BCA-9A01-A1328584523F.jpeg (320.1 KiB) Viewed 573 times
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporter Kaitlan (sp?) says three sources have confirmed to her it is about the documents he removed after he left the WH.

It's killing me to wait to listen, but I have to wait for a commercial break, too glued to the coverage. 40 minutes and no commercial break yet.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Last time the FBI executed a search warrant on a former president was… never.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:39 pm
They even broke into my safe!
Just wait 'til Foogy learns the pee-pee tapes are real!

humblescribe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:38 pmBut who signed it?
The judge residing in an undisclosed location.
I wonder if they took this warrant to a federal judge rather than a federal magistrate. Do we know that yet? I haven't seen any mention one way or the other. Federal judges are appointed; federal magistrates are chosen by the federal district court judges in the district.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:49 pm I wonder if they took this warrant to a federal judge rather than a federal magistrate. Do we know that yet?
We don't. (I was using "judge" colloquially.)

But I would not be surprised if were a judge (and not a magistrate), for a variety of reasons.
Image ImageImage
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:49 pm
I wonder if they took this warrant to a federal judge rather than a federal magistrate. Do we know that yet? I haven't seen any mention one way or the other. Federal judges are appointed; federal magistrates are chosen by the federal district court judges in the district.
So far the media is dutifully only reporting Trump's side of the story instead of, you know, doing their jobs. :roll:
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Um, Donnie.

The FBI does not prosecute crimes. They merely gather evidence. It is up to the USA to decide whether to file charges. The search warrant merely permits a lawful seizure of items that may or may not be relevant to a prosecution. There may even be exculpatory items that they find! So where is this prosecutorial misconduct, buddy?

Second, you are correct that nothing like this has "ever happened to a President of the United States before." Nixon resigned before there was any concerted criminal investigation, and Ford pardoned him. Everyone else in the White House played nice.

Just what did you deliver for the people, Donnie? A new, better, and cheaper health plan? A massive infrastructure bill to repair our highways, airports, ports, and rail? The trickle-down effects of massive income tax reductions on corporations that lifted everyone up with more $$$ in their pay envelopes?

Methinks thou doth protest too much, Donnie.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:51 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:49 pm I wonder if they took this warrant to a federal judge rather than a federal magistrate. Do we know that yet?

But I would not be surprised if were a judge (and not a magistrate), for a variety of reasons.
I knew you were using judge colloquially. I was just curious. I have no idea how any of this plays out in the federal system. We have magistrates in the military, but they just amended the UCMJ to allow an actual judge to sign off on a search authorization in certain cases. As I understand it, the concern was that they wanted to be able to bring it to a *real* judge. I didn't know if that was also a thing in the federal system.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

bob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:18 pm I'm going to take the over on whether AGOTUS Actual approved it.
Whomever did approve it will never pay for a drink in my presence ever again.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This is what happens in third world countries.

Not the United States.

Doesn’t the FBI have better things to do than harass the former PRESIDENT?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:57 pm
bob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:51 pm

I knew you were using judge colloquially. I was just curious. I have no idea how any of this plays out in the federal system. We have magistrates in the military, but they just amended the UCMJ to allow an actual judge to sign off on a search authorization in certain cases. As I understand it, the concern was that they wanted to be able to bring it to a *real* judge. I didn't know if that was also a thing in the federal system.

Another public official no matter what position, whose liver is now officially sponsored by The Imperial Illuminati Air Force.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Barbra McQuade was ob MSNBC talking about this being related to the documents trump took from the WH, and that just his having such documents may not be enough to indict him. She seemed to want to stress that this may end up not being a big deal depending on what documents he has, and what can be proved about whether he knew they were there and why he had them.

Ken Delanian is reporting the Secret Service was notified of the warrant shortly before the raid and that they helped gain access to the property.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”