Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

Are trump's minions frantically creating "massive Hunter Biden evidence" as we speak?

And even if there was something legit on HB, are we supposed to believe the OSG was going to hide it as part of executive privilege?

Also, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:59 am I wonder if the Saudis conned other presidents with fake gifts or was it just trump?
Other presidents were probably smart enough to decline (seemingly) expensive gifts.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

noblepa wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:02 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:59 am I wonder if the Saudis conned other presidents with fake gifts or was it just trump?
Other presidents were probably smart enough to decline (seemingly) expensive gifts.
If I remember correctly, all gifts to the President and his family from representatives of other governments, belong to the U.S. government. The President, though, may buy any of those gifts from the U.S. government at fair market value. I would imagine that the value of a faux tiger skin is significantly less than the value of a real skin.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Faux furs for a faux fuehrer.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:13 am
If I remember correctly, all gifts to the President and his family from representatives of other governments, belong to the U.S. government. The President, though, may buy any of those gifts from the U.S. government at fair market value. I would imagine that the value of a faux tiger skin is significantly less than the value of a real skin.
Wouldn't a real tiger skin run afoul of endangered species laws? I thought that such pelts were no longer permitted in the US.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:16 am Faux furs for a faux fuehrer.
:thumbsup: :clap:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

noblepa wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:12 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:13 am

Wouldn't a real tiger skin run afoul of endangered species laws? I thought that such pelts were no longer permitted in the US.
And there's trump's response. "Of course I knew it was fake. Nobody knows fur better than me. I told the guy to make sure it was fake."
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Ask Charlie Sheen if he thinks the former guy knows fake diamonds.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/peop ... 90346.html
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

that story never gets old.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:06 am The butthurt was strong from tfg over Biden not exerting executive privilege over his nonsense seditionist crap. And the redefinitions of "The Big Lie" continue- good luck with that!
► Show Spoiler
Is there some law that Hunter Biden has to sit and collect unemployment for four years because his father is President?

I mean, aside from every irony meter on earth exploding at once here, am I missing something?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

My dad was a reporter, a Neiman Fellow. Not a journalist, they came after Watergate. In between reporting gigs, he was press secretary to Gov. Pat Brown, Transportation Secretary Alan Boyd, and editor of the National Journal.

The one constant in his life was never accepting gifts. From anyone. He turned down European trips, innumerable bottles of Scotch, jewelry, vacations, boat rides, free plane tickets. The worst thing he ever turned down, to my childish mind, was a lifetime pass to Disneyland. :lol: I’m sure there were other items I don’t know about. He was adamant, all his life, that they were effectively bribes and he wanted no part.
Whatever his faults, he was an honorable man.

It makes perfect sense to me that tfg and his hires had no such scruples.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I assume that in the diplomatic world, sometimes refusing gifts can be taken as an insult and those diplomatic folks are a little touchy about that. Therefore, to make sure that it does not come off as a bribe or palm greasing, they ensure that it will not benefit the recipient, whether it be a diplomat, some WH staffer, a legislature, or the President, by making it a gift to the government, not the person. I assume other countries have similar rules but I figure Japan would have been quite happy to refuse the gift of puke that GHW Bush presented them.

tfg would understand none of this since he is entirely transactional and so does not see a larger diplomatic and government reason.

IIRC, some country gave Colin Powell a gift of an antique rifle, among other things (I forget which role he was in at the time but it would not matter). He rather liked the rifle so he chose to buy it from the government as is the policy. Alma was rather horrified at what he paid for a gun.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

If its not a bottle of whiskey or other consumable, its stupid for a President to try to fudge it... anything given to him can easily be arranged to be loaned to his Presidential Library and he'd effectively be able to have it for the rest of his life.

At the Presidential Libraries there are hundreds of things that they were given and are the property of the government but stored in the museums.
All of them so far, but Obama's will not, are part private foundation museum and part branch of the National Archives where the presidential papers and such are kept.

As for Pompeo and the $5,000 bottle of hooch. He had better pay for it or I'll be pissed. I DNGAF if he remembers or knows or who cares, it was given to him, there is film of him accepting it, and he is responsible for it, no matter what happened to it. If he didn't steal it (and that is what happened) then someone who works for him did, and FFS I'm sure they teach a few classes on responsibility and honor at West Point. I give him much less slack than most grifters because the United States educated him at an institution where they've been bragging about their Honor Code for 217 years. If he doesn't take that seriously, I sure do.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:yeahthat:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Kleptocrats stealing stuff. Surprise!
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Small nit to pick, but you can't "dye" something white. You bleach something white.

And before you all roll your eyes at me, think of all the lawyers and computer people who have picked at nits the same size as this one. :biggrin:
northland10

Post by northland10 »

:like:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:15 am Small nit to pick, but you can't "dye" something white. You bleach something white.

And before you all roll your eyes at me, think of all the lawyers and computer people who have picked at nits the same size as this one. :biggrin:
Are you using “bleach” as a generic term for color removal? I mean, there are other chemicals besides bleach that remove color, right?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:21 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:15 am Small nit to pick, but you can't "dye" something white. You bleach something white.

Are you using “bleach” as a generic term for color removal? I mean, there are other chemicals besides bleach that remove color, right?
White toner.*

* Passed away Birther Henry "Hermitian" Blake had claims that said copiers used white toner to make some sections white.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

My copier has the best white toner. I put in a blank sheet of paper, select the number of copies I need, press START, and out comes fresh warm pieces of blank paper. Wonderful invention.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:21 am

Yes, as a verb. And yes, many types of bleaching action are accomplished with other chemicals or through exposure to sunlight.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And you can get white toner for coloured paper or tee-shirt printing and so on.
Hic sunt dracones
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

I see your nit and I raise you one ultra-pedantic mega-nit.

It turns out that you actually can and do "dye" quite a few manufactured products with white pigment. Not fabric, perhaps, but a staggering number of everyday products. I discovered this last year doing an economic research project at work on the market for industrial metals.

The world consumes around 10 million tons of Titanium Dioxide annually, far more than it uses in the form of titanium metal to build airplanes, etc. Titanium dioxide is the most commonly used pigment on earth, making up about 2/3 of all pigment usage. It colors paints, pigments, white paper, food, cosmetics and toothpaste, among many other products.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Rit Dye Powdered Fabric Dye, White Wash, 1 7/8-Ounce ??

Seems that, similar to Tom Sawyer, there seems to be active attempts by tfg’s allies to enlist as much help as possible to whitewash their failures (e.g. Jan 6 insurrection)

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”