trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by bob »

The repeached Florida Man's Klayman-esque executive privilege lawsuit was assigned to Judge Tanya "there have to be consequences for participating in an attempted violent overthrow of the government" Chutkan.

So I feel a bit better about whether the D.D,C. will grant an injunction.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there's a motion to recuse.
Image ImageImage
filly

Post by filly »

bob wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:19 pm The repeached Florida Man's Klayman-esque executive privilege lawsuit was assigned to Judge Tanya "there have to be consequences for participating in an attempted violent overthrow of the government" Chutkan.

So I feel a bit better about whether the D.D,C. will grant an injunction.

But I wouldn't be surprised if there's a motion to recuse.
Grounds? She believes in consequences for violent overthrow of the government so she can't be fair?
bob

Post by bob »

filly wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:23 pm Grounds? She believes in consequences for violent overthrow of the government so she can't be fair?
Basically, yes.

I didn't mean a meritorious or even reasonable motion; I meant a Klayman-esque stunt designed to delay and to pump the grift.
Image ImageImage
filly

Post by filly »

bob wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:46 pm
filly wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:23 pm Grounds? She believes in consequences for violent overthrow of the government so she can't be fair?
Basically, yes.

I didn't mean a meritorious or even reasonable motion; I meant a Klayman-esque stunt designed to delay and to pump the grift.
After you mentioned this cat's Klayman-esque legal vibes I've seen several pieces that note he worked with Squidney to overthrow the results of the Nevada election, so, good track record.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Every time you think he's reached the bottom, despicable statement from tfg on Colin Powell's passing.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Why are you surprised at this point. He ALWAYS puts out an offensive statement in situations like this to get people talking about him. Do the worst thing you can do to him. Ignore him.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Unfortunately tfg commands too much power to be completely ignored.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

By ignoring him I mean don't react to every attention grabbing stupid statement he makes. This one is largely irrelevant to how much power he has. It's just trolling.

Basically I know reporters are going to be asking people about this. The Correct answer should be:

"How do you respond to blah blah"

"who?"

Reporter "uh Donald Trump"

"Oh right. my response is: I don't care."
Hic sunt dracones
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Fuck you donald trump, you’re never going to be anything but the sleaze bag good for nothing con man you’ve always been. Honor is a subject you know NOTHING about. Sooner or later your sorry ass is going to die too and I'm sure there'll be a lot of people you've fucked over in your lifetime lining up to piss on your grave!
:evil: :kickface:
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:41 pm By ignoring him I mean don't react to every attention grabbing stupid statement he makes. This one is largely irrelevant to how much power he has. It's just trolling.

Basically I know reporters are going to be asking people about this. The Correct answer should be:

"How do you respond to blah blah"

"who?"

Reporter "uh Donald Trump"

"Oh right. my response is: I don't care."
Ah yes, I agree with you.
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

I think, "Oh yeah! Isn't it awful!" (and then change the subject) also works.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Republicans fear Trump will 'drive the car off the cliff' as they look at midterms: report

Tom Boggioni and Raw Story
October 18, 2021

As Republicans begin to ramp up their efforts to reclaim the House and the Senate in the 2022 midterm election that is just over a year away, there is increasing concern among party leaders and campaign consultants that former president Donald Trump will derail all of their hard work.

According to a report from the New York Times' Jeremy Peters, fears are growing that the former president will intercede in elections where he could have a negative impact -- which could be devastating to voter turnout for GOP candidates in tight races.

As Peters notes, Trump's demand that candidates support his claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from him threatens to make the midterms all about the former president which was a contributing factor when the GOP lost the House in 2018 and the Senate in 2020.

"The G.O.P.'s ambitions of ending unified Democratic control in Washington in 2022 are colliding with a considerable force that has the ability to sway tens of millions of votes: former President Donald J. Trump's increasingly vocal demands that members of his party remain in a permanent state of obedience, endorsing his false claims of a stolen election or risking his wrath," Peters wrote before adding, "The former president's fixation on disproved conspiracy theories is frustrating to many in his party who see it as needlessly divisive at a time when Republicans feel they are poised to take back the House of Representatives and perhaps the Senate in the 2022 midterm elections. They worry he could cost Republicans otherwise winnable seats in Congress and complicate the party's more immediate goal of winning the governor's race in Virginia next month."

Explaining that Trump is able to motivate his base to turn out, the report also makes note that he hurts the party with swing voters and also turns out Democrats.

One concern is that Trump's attacks on election security will depress GOP turnout -- as evidenced by what happened in the Georgia run-off that led to Democrats claiming two seats in the U.S. Senate which turned Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) into the minority leader.

https://www.alternet.org/2021/10/trump-2655316446/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Pfft, You're scared, Trump, quaking in your damn boots. I dare you, ya quivering wimp, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!
Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi are gonna grab you by your pussy and shake your fat ass all over the country!
Mitch McConnell is laughing at you, Donald!

:mrgreen:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Gregg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:28 am Pfft, You're scared, Trump, quaking in your damn boots. I dare you, ya quivering wimp, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!
Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi are gonna grab you by your pussy and shake your fat ass all over the country!
Mitch McConnell is laughing at you, Donald!

:mrgreen:
:yeahthat:

:groupdance:
Clairez

Post by Clairez »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:48 pm Every time you think he's reached the bottom, despicable statement from tfg on Colin Powell's passing.
I would have said, "I wish that for you too, Donald, and I hope it will be soon."
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Wait, who's always the first to attack other Republicans? :confuzzled:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Chadwick Boseman from beyond the grave!!!!
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Trump Organization, Already Under Indictment, Faces New Criminal Inquiry
The investigation, by the Westchester County district attorney’s office, increases the legal scrutiny of the former president and his family business.
Former President Donald J. Trump’s family business, which is already under indictment in Manhattan, is facing a criminal investigation by another prosecutor’s office that has begun to examine financial dealings at a golf course the company owns, according to people with knowledge of the matter.

In recent months, the district attorney’s office in suburban Westchester County, N.Y., has subpoenaed records from the course, Trump National Golf Club Westchester, and the town of Ossining, which sets property taxes on the course, a sprawling private club that is perched on a hill north of New York City and boasts a 101-foot waterfall.

The full scope of the investigation could not be determined, but the district attorney, Mimi E. Rocah, appears to be focused at least in part on whether Mr. Trump’s company, the Trump Organization, misled local officials about the property’s value to reduce its taxes, one of the people said.

Ms. Rocah, a Democrat, has not accused anyone at the company of wrongdoing, and it is unclear whether the investigation is examining Mr. Trump’s conduct or if it would ultimately lead to any charges.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/20/nyre ... ation.html
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh:
Trump’s Pentagon Chief Quashed Idea to Send 250,000 Troops to the Border
Top national security aides to former President Trump also talked him out of launching military raids against drug cartels inside Mexico.

By David E. Sanger, Michael D. Shear and Eric Schmitt
Oct. 19, 2021

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s defense secretary thought the idea was outrageous.

In the spring of 2020, Mark T. Esper, the defense secretary, was alarmed to learn of an idea under discussion at a top military command and at the Department of Homeland Security to send as many as 250,000 troops — more than half the active U.S. Army, and a sixth of all American forces — to the southern border in what would have been the largest use of the military inside the United States since the Civil War.

With the coronavirus pandemic raging, Stephen Miller, the architect of Mr. Trump’s immigration agenda, had urged the Homeland Security Department to develop a plan for the number of troops that would be needed to seal the entire 2,000-mile border with Mexico. It is not clear whether it was officials in homeland security or the Pentagon who concluded that a quarter of a million troops would be required.

The concept was relayed to officials at the Defense Department’s Northern Command, which is responsible for all military operations in the United States and on its borders, according to several former senior administration officials. Officials said the idea was never presented formally to Mr. Trump for approval, but it was discussed in meetings at the White House as they debated other options for closing the border to illegal immigration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/19/us/p ... order.html
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Where they going to line the border Red Rover style?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:20 am Where they going to line the border Red Rover style?
tfg's line was always that non-white immigrants were rapists and thugs, I expect he expected the army to shoot them. In his little pea brain. And Stephen Miller's wet dream.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Would someone just hurry up and indict him? He cannot be allowed back into the Oval Office. :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m horrified to hear there’s a push to make him speaker if Thugs retake the House. :eek:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:21 am I’m horrified to hear there’s a push to make him speaker if Thugs retake the House. :eek:
On the other hand, I would love to see some subset of house republicans try. I imagine their attempt to sit a non-congress critter as speaker would fail, even with a republican majority, but the infighting and drama would be really amusing.
bob

Post by bob »

Executive summary: Eastman whined that the Federalist Society is "cancelling" him because it didn't let him participate in activities in a manner that he desired. (Eastman remains a member of the Federalist Society, and perhaps also some sort of leadership role.) So a fellow member of the Federalist Society called Eastman on his BS, and added that lying about election results is markedly different than advocating for differing beliefs in the marketplace of ideas.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”