Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
MN-Skeptic

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Recreating the Trump thread, Foggy can move it to the right category later
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by zekeb »

Good enough. I was going to post something here but someone ninja'd me elsewhere.
Il factotum
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)A sprawling lobby and bar with only a handful of people. Confused guests asking where everybody went. Elegant, but empty hallways. These are the scenes CNN observed inside the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, this month as the once-humming destination confronts a new reality without its namesake in the White House.

The hotel had opened to much fanfare just months before former President Donald Trump took office, and quickly became a draw for Trump loyalists and insiders throughout his tenure.

"I mean, we were very busy," Shawn Matijevich, the former executive chef at the hotel's steak restaurant, explained to CNN. "With so many every day, you know it almost got overwhelming at times -- how many VIP's and members of our government that you know are making headlines are all together in the same place."

But the ongoing coronavirus pandemic -- which has impacted the entire hotel industry -- paired with Trump's exit from office, now appear to be taking a significant toll on the place Trump once dubbed "one of the great hotels of the world."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Trump told confidants he would skip CPAC if Pence was attending

Former President Donald Trump told friends he would not appear at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Florida if Mike Pence, his always-loyal vice president, was also on the bill, according to people familiar with his conversations.

Details have emerged as Trump prepares to make his return to the limelight over the weekend with a speech expected to lay out his vision for the future of the Republican Party and include a forceful critique of President Biden's immigration policies. The strategy is to keep the 45th commander in chief ahead of others mulling a run for the party's presidential nomination.

He played golf on Sunday with close ally Sen. Lindsey Graham as he huddled with confidants.

The result is growing speculation that he will use his first public appearance since leaving the White House to demonstrate that he retains a firm grip on the party he seized in 2016 and has the poll position for a return to power in 2024.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ce-attends
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:39 pm https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)A sprawling lobby and bar with only a handful of people. Confused guests asking where everybody went. Elegant, but empty hallways. These are the scenes CNN observed inside the Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, this month as the once-humming destination confronts a new reality without its namesake in the White House.

The hotel had opened to much fanfare just months before former President Donald Trump took office, and quickly became a draw for Trump loyalists and insiders throughout his tenure.

"I mean, we were very busy," Shawn Matijevich, the former executive chef at the hotel's steak restaurant, explained to CNN. "With so many every day, you know it almost got overwhelming at times -- how many VIP's and members of our government that you know are making headlines are all together in the same place."

But the ongoing coronavirus pandemic -- which has impacted the entire hotel industry -- paired with Trump's exit from office, now appear to be taking a significant toll on the place Trump once dubbed "one of the great hotels of the world."

I was all set to put in the smilie of the little violin. Amazing how we get so used to things and suddenly they’re not there. Yeah, I know in time they’ll be back, so in the meantime..............SAD!!
Lani

Post by Lani »

I thought the hotel doubled or tripled the room rates for March 3rd & 4th - the real inauguration day!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Lani wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:29 pm I thought the hotel doubled or tripled the room rates for March 3rd & 4th - the real inauguration day!
They know nothing will happen (as far as inauguration) but they're always ready to take advantage of a sucker.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

I find myself in a quandary regarding how best to refer to the person for whom this thread is named. I called him IMPOTUS, which was perfect on so many levels, but now, of course that’s no longer appropriate. I thought I had settled on DFO for Disgraced Former Occupant, which was suggested by Mary Trump, but now I’m leaning toward Joe Biden’s term ‘the other guy’, shortened to TOG. Decisions, decisions. ;)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Sunrise wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:06 pm I find myself in a quandary regarding how best to refer to the person for whom this thread is named. I called him IMPOTUS, which was perfect on so many levels, but now, of course that’s no longer appropriate. I thought I had settled on DFO for Disgraced Former Occupant, which was suggested by Mary Trump, but now I’m leaning toward Joe Biden’s term ‘the other guy’, shortened to TOG. Decisions, decisions. ;)
Actually, Biden referred to Trump as "the former guy." I like former because it puts Trump in the past. "Other" puts Trump on the same level as Biden.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Donald who?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:11 pm Actually, Biden referred to Trump as "the former guy." I like former because it puts Trump in the past. "Other" puts Trump on the same level as Biden.
"Disgraced Former Occupant" works as well ;)
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I was using tp*, but I like the former; nothing more. Also, he hates being called the former president, so that's a plus. I also like Mary Trump's initials.

*tp+ t---p; plus toilet paper.

He's gone (sorta); that's what counts.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I've started hiding posts that have TFP's picture on them. Considering Facebook is selling my information on that is telling media companies that at least one person is not interested in seeing that idiot face.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

If you must make reference to trump having once been president, I waffle between former president vs. ex-president. I kinda like ex-p. It's sorta like he was dumped. Except for the fact that I will never want to see trump and president in the same sentence ever again and I refuse to ever refer to him by that title again either as a former or an ex-. I'll accept "guy" though.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Oh, I can hardly wait for the great comeback at CPAC on Sunday.

Will we see more evidence of GOP fragmentation? One can only hope.

Popcorn, peeze!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/stat ... 3249352709
Andrew Feinberg
@AndrewFeinberg
NEW: Confidantes say Donald Trump's plan to keep teasing a 2024 run is at least in part meant to make state or federal authorities think twice about issuing indictments he could cast as part of an attempt to keep him from reclaiming the presidency.

https://t.co/T3L89Cc5Er?amp=1
Hic sunt dracones
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

This president is no more! He has ceased to be the CIC! 'E's been retired and gone to Mar-o’Lardo on the grift! Bereft of office, 'e bastes in grease! If we hadn't nailed 'im in the election 'e'd be caging up babies! 'Is electoral processes are now 'istory! 'E's off his rocker, and kicked the heck out! ‘E's shuffled out of the Oval, wobbled down the lawn and joined Deplorables Insufferable!! THIS IS AN EX-PRESIDENT!!
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

roadscholar wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 pm This president is no more! He has ceased to be the CIC! 'E's been retired and gone to Mar-o’Lardo on the grift! Bereft of office, 'e bastes in grease! If we hadn't nailed 'im in the election 'e'd be caging up babies! 'Is electoral processes are now 'istory! 'E's off his rocker, and kicked the heck out! ‘E's shuffled out of the Oval, wobbled down the lawn and joined Deplorables Insufferable!! THIS IS AN EX-PRESIDENT!!
He's probably pining for the fjords.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I'm sorry to say that I'm betting he will do everything he can to cause more damage. He'll still get a lot of media attention, and his mob will still fight to reclaim the White House.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Continuing thread above
Andrew Feinberg
@AndrewFeinberg
Foremost on Trump's mind is a probe run by @ManhattanDA
Cyrus Vance, who recently hired a crack team of forensic accountants and an experienced organized crime prosecutor.

Ex-federal prosecutor @glennkirschner2 says Vance's recent moves indicate that charges are imminent: "I don’t think Cy Vance would have spent considerable state resources to hire expert forensic accountants unless he was moving toward indictment & trial”

Former Watergate & SDNY prosecutor @nickakerman said the wide scope of Vance's probe has been an open secret among the New York City defense bar for some time.

“They’re talking to former employees and talking to lots of people in New York… and they’ve been geared up for a while on this thing. So I think they’ve got a good indication of where they’re going,” @nickakerman said.

.@glennkirschner2 added that Trump's push to cast charges as political won't be as effective without the power of the presidency.

“I think it’s a less effective formula now that he can’t abuse his office & make people’s lives miserable,” he said.

“I think all of this is going to come to a very abrupt halt — not his whining & complaining and his living a life of grievance — but people paying as much attention...or caring about the impact that might have once the first indictment drops on his head”.
Hic sunt dracones
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:11 pm
Sunrise wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:06 pm I find myself in a quandary regarding how best to refer to the person for whom this thread is named. I called him IMPOTUS, which was perfect on so many levels, but now, of course that’s no longer appropriate. I thought I had settled on DFO for Disgraced Former Occupant, which was suggested by Mary Trump, but now I’m leaning toward Joe Biden’s term ‘the other guy’, shortened to TOG. Decisions, decisions. ;)
Actually, Biden referred to Trump as "the former guy." I like former because it puts Trump in the past. "Other" puts Trump on the same level as Biden.

:oops: You’re absolutely right, MN-Skeptic and I have no idea where I saw ‘the other guy’. Maybe I just liked the TOG part as being easy to remember. Now I’m back to deciding between DFO and TFG. I think I’m leaning toward Mary Trump’s nickname.

Speaking of nicknames, I find it interesting that except in derision such as Dirty Donnie or Diaper Don, no one ever referred to him with the usual shortened form of Don. Obama was sometimes called Barry, Clinton was always Bill, and of course Biden has been called Joe forever. I wonder if people are simply more comfortable using a nickname for someone who’s not afraid to be seen dressing in jeans, as opposed to DFO who always wore a suit and tie unless he was on a golf course.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya I think we can trust Mary Trumps intuition on this.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jacqueline Thomsen
@jacq_thomsen
Lawyers for the House + Trump say in new court filing that the House has reissued the subpoena to Mazars for Trump's tax documents.

They're ready to move forward with the next round of briefs in the case, teeing up arguments in early summer.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Trump is having a mad at Karl Rove.

An article on it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN2AX089
101010 :towel:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

northland10 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:06 pm Trump is having a mad at Karl Rove.

It's not nearly as much fun when you can't tweet rage, is it?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”