Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by AndyinPA »

Never made any sense to me, either.

Nobody thought it was a happy time the day my husband’s cousin died in Vietnam.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just as a contrast, this is what President Biden tweeted today -

Text - "On Memorial Day, we honor America's fallen heroes who gave their last full measure of devotion to this nation.

We'll never be able to repay the debt we owe them.

But today, we rededicate ourselves to the work for which they gave their lives, and we recommit to supporting the loved ones they left behind."
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:18 pm
Azastan wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:13 pm Why does anyone say HAPPY Memorial Day?
Because tfg?
He is not alone in wishing 'Happy Memorial Day'.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

BC *most* people think of it as a long weekend for boating and BBQ.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:07 pm BC *most* people think of it as a long weekend for boating and BBQ.
People on this forum are not 'most' people, however.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

And I am most grateful.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I can't think of a good alternative. :confuzzled:

Until my generation, my fambly had lots of people who served. As far as I know, none of them died in military action. They served, they retired, and they eventually died.

I don't say it because it's a happy holiday. I just don't know what else to say. :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:00 am I can't think of a good alternative. :confuzzled:

Until my generation, my fambly had lots of people who served. As far as I know, none of them died in military action. They served, they retired, and they eventually died.

I don't say it because it's a happy holiday. I just don't know what else to say. :think:
As with most non-celebratory / milestone holidays, I say things like "May the day be all you need it to be." This is something I started thinking about when I joined the Foreign Service and found myself surrounded by far more practicing Muslims than I had ever known, and had to have some way to empathize with them during Ramadan. So it grew from that. You don't wish someone a 'happy' fast, you wish them a productive or fruitful one, and hope they got all they needed from the experience.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:14 am
Foggy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:00 am I can't think of a good alternative. :confuzzled:

As with most non-celebratory / milestone holidays, I say things like "May the day be all you need it to be." This is something I started thinking about when I joined the Foreign Service and found myself surrounded by far more practicing Muslims than I had ever known, and had to have some way to empathize with them during Ramadan. So it grew from that. You don't wish someone a 'happy' fast, you wish them a productive or fruitful one, and hope they got all they needed from the experience.
:yeahthat:

I think my sister is still confused about why I don't think it's appropriate to to wish the Rabbi next a 'Merry Christmas'.

As for Memorial Day, or its rough Australian equivalent ANZAC Day, I try to say something along the lines of 'have zn enjoyable day' or 'make some good memories'.

Australia Day is a weird one. For First Nations folk, it "Sorry Day", or "Invasion Day", you can't say have a happy Sorry Day. For us other new comers it's the day the first fleet of miserable convicts were dumped in Sydney Cove- how can that be a happy day?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Could have been dumped into America…

Oh wait.. that’s Revolution is why they were dumped here..
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Memorial Day to remember those who died in service.

Armed Services Day to honor those who are currently serving.

Veterans' Day to honor and remember all who have served in the past.

To get back to topic, trump was none of those and has only disdain and disgust for those who were or are.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:56 am Memorial Day to remember those who died in service.

Armed Services Day to honor those who are currently serving.

Veterans' Day to honor and remember all who have served in the past.

To get back to topic, trump was none of those and has only disdain and disgust for those who were or are.
He was willing to serve, but bone-spurs happened. :liar:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump today announces that on day one he will sign an Executive Order denying US citizenship to children born in the US if their parents are migrant asylum seekers.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234743318/
DONALD TRUMP JUST needs a few names.

In recent months, the former president has asked close advisers, including at least one of his personal attorneys, if “we know” all the names of senior FBI agents and Justice Department personnel who have worked on the federal probes into him. That’s according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter and another person briefed on it.

The former president has then privately discussed that should he return to the White House, it is imperative his new Department of Justice “quickly” and “immediately” purge the FBI and DOJ’s ranks of these officials and agents who’ve led the Trump-related criminal investigations, the sources recount. The ex-president has of course dubbed all such probes as illegitimate “witch hunts,” and is now campaigning for the White House on a platform of “retribution” and cleaning house.

Separately, the twice-impeached former president has been saying for many months that on “day one” of his potential second term, he wants FBI director Christopher Wray “out” of the bureau, according to another source familiar with the matter and two people close to Trump. It’s an ironic turn, given that Trump appointed Wray in 2017.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Fascists gotta fascist.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:47 am https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 3175809027
Trump today announces that on day one he will sign an Executive Order denying US citizenship to children born in the US if their parents are migrant asylum seekers.
Good luck with that. It's not very likely that SCOTUS will find a way to overturn laws and Constitution by the end of your term. :brickwallsmall: x1000...
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I remember we predicted this would happen when thfirst of the T Bucks were advertised :doh:
‘Trump Bucks’ promise wealth for MAGA loyalty. Some lose thousands.
The products are advertised online as a kind of golden ticket that will help propel Trump’s 2024 bid and make the “real patriots” who support him rich when they are cashed in.

May 27, 2023, 1:00 PM CEST
By Brandy Zadrozny and Corky Siemaszko

In the recesses of the internet where some of Donald Trump’s most fervent supporters stoke conspiracies and plot his return to the White House, suspected con artists have been mining their disappointment over the last presidential election for gold.

They’ve been peddling “Trump Bucks,” which are emblazoned with photos of the former president, and advertising them online as a kind of golden ticket that will help propel Trump’s 2024 bid and make the “real patriots” who support him rich when cashed in.

John Amann told NBC News he bought $2,200 worth of Trump Bucks and other items over the past year only to discover they were worthless when he tried to cash them in at his local bank. So he’s gone on Twitter to warn other Trump supporters not to fall for this scam.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... -rcna84965
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:48 pm I remember we predicted this would happen when thfirst of the T Bucks were advertised :doh:
There was Better Call Saul episode where a wealthy guy wanted to hire Saul Goodman to help him secede from New Mexico and start his own country. He showed Saul the money he was going to pay him with - it was just like Trump Bucks - had the guy’s pitcher on it. This episode predated Trump Bucks :think:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

My mom lost two brothers in WWII

A third brother was on the Japan front

I have a letter she wrote to her congressman asking if her 4th son could stay in the USA since she already gave up 2 sons in the war.

My father was drafted and served at West Point during the Korean conflict.

My brother served in Germany during Vietnam.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:44 pm
Kendra wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:47 am https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 3175809027
Good luck with that. It's not very likely that SCOTUS will find a way to overturn laws and Constitution by the end of your term. :brickwallsmall: x1000...
I’m sorry, but have you met this SCOTUS??
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:twisted: I am sure the former guy pretending to be the next guy will also declare by EO that he will replace all Justices he does not like .... :blackeye:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:44 pm
With this SCOTUS? Don't be so sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they sua sponte declared the 14th Amendment to be unconstitional.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:21 pm :twisted: I am sure the former guy pretending to be the next guy will also declare by EO that he will replace all Justices he does not like .... :blackeye:
You jest, but if TFG does somehow get re-elected, he will take it as a complete vindication and as an anointment as the absolute ruler of the US. He will try to do all sorts of things that are unconstitutional and illegal. Believe it or not, there were probably some things that his staff was able to deflect or talk him out of during his first term. In a second term, he will believe that the voters gave him a mandate to do everything that want, without regard to law, the Consitution or Congress.

If he is re-elected and lives until 2028, I predict that he will announce his intention to run again, justifying it by saying either that his two impeachments reset the 2 term limit, or that the 22nd amendent's 2-term limit refers only to consecutive terms.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Why would he need to have an election ever again?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Pretty darn sure SCOTUS cannot nullify Constitutional Amendments as they are a part of the Constitution, not laws.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”