trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess this is the answer to the question why a certain person did not intervene when things went south at the Capitol
Trump called aides hours before Capitol riot to discuss how to stop Biden victory
Trump on the afternoon of 6 January. Multiple sources described Trump’s involvement in the effort to subvert the election result.
Sources tell Guardian Trump pressed lieutenants at Willard hotel in Washington about ways to delay certification of election result

Hugo Lowell in Washington
Tue 30 Nov 2021 07.00 GMT

Hours before the deadly attack on the US Capitol this year, Donald Trump made several calls from the White House to top lieutenants at the Willard hotel in Washington and talked about ways to stop the certification of Joe Biden’s election win from taking place on 6 January.

The former president first told the lieutenants his vice-president, Mike Pence, was reluctant to go along with the plan to commandeer his largely ceremonial role at the joint session of Congress in a way that would allow Trump to retain the presidency for a second term.

But as Trump relayed to them the situation with Pence, he pressed his lieutenants about how to stop Biden’s certification from taking place on 6 January, and delay the certification process to get alternate slates of electors for Trump sent to Congress.

The former president’s remarks came as part of strategy discussions he had from the White House with the lieutenants at the Willard – a team led by Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani, John Eastman, Boris Epshteyn and Trump strategist Steve Bannon – about delaying the certification.

Multiple sources, speaking to the Guardian on the condition of anonymity, described Trump’s involvement in the effort to subvert the results of the 2020 election.

Trump’s remarks reveal a direct line from the White House and the command center at the Willard. The conversations also show Trump’s thoughts appear to be in line with the motivations of the pro-Trump mob that carried out the Capitol attack and halted Biden’s certification, until it was later ratified by Congress.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... riot-biden
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I am still gobsmacked that this isn't the biggest story since Noah and a the Flood.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The cult won't care.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

A Third Trump Golf Course Appears To Be Violating Law By Using The Presidential Seal

Zach Everson Forbes Staff
Nov 29, 2021,12:20pm EST

A third Trump golf course appears to have deployed the presidential seal as a tee marker, possibly in violation of a federal law.

On Nov. 21, an Instagram user posted a photo showing the presidential seal set in the grass at Florida’s Trump National Golf Club Jupiter. The property joins Trump clubs in the Bronx and New Jersey in possible violation of a law that bars displaying the seal in a manner that could convey the impression of government approval or sponsorship. It’s also illegal to manufacture a likeness of the seal without the government’s authorization. The penalty can be up to six months in prison, although prosecutors have never prioritized charging people who misuse the seal.

The Trump Organization did not respond to requests for comment.

In 2018, “Trump, Inc.,” a podcast from ProPublica and WNYC, uncovered a batch of markers similar to the ones that have appeared at Trump properties over the past few months. The Trump Organization blamed the incident on diehard supporters at the time and quickly removed the markers. “The plaques were presented to the club by a small group of members, who are incredible fans of the president, in honor of Presidents’ Day weekend,” the business said in a 2018 statement to the podcast. “They were temporary and have since been removed.”

“Trump Inc.” identified Eagle Sign and Design, a metalworking and sign company in the Louisville, Kentucky-area, as the marker’s manufacturer. The owner of B Sign Group, which acquired Eagle Sign and Design, did not immediately reply to an inquiry.

Trump retained a 100% interest in Trump National Golf Club Jupiter when he became president. Trump has been spotted at the club a few times while living 20 miles south at Mar-a-Lago.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump promotes lies about Ilhan Omar and suggests she apologize for 'abandoning' Somalia, which she fled as a child
Bryan Metzger,Grace Panetta
Tue, November 30, 2021, 8:18 PM·3 min read
  • Trump released a lie-filled statement about Omar in the wake of Boebert's Islamophobic comments.
    "Ilhan Omar should apologize ... for essentially abandoning her former country," he wrote.
    Boebert could face censure by the House of Representatives after a phone call with Omar went awry.
Former President Donald Trump released a lie-filled statement on Tuesday demanding that Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota apologize for "abandoning her former country."

"Congresswoman Ilhan Omar should apologize for marrying her brother, committing large-scale immigration and election fraud, wishing death to Israel, and for essentially abandoning her former country, which doesn't even have a government — Exactly what she'd like to see for the United States," Trump said in his statement.

The Minnesota congress member, a Somali American refugee, was born in Somalia in 1982. Omar, along with her father and her siblings, secured asylum in the US in 1995, when she was a child.

In a July 2019 tweet, Trump told Omar and three of her fellow Democratic congresswomen to "go back and fix the broken and crime-infested places from which they came" — even though all four are US citizens and Omar is the only one who was born outside the US.

The unsubstantiated rumors that Omar's ex-husband Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, a British national, is her brother and that she married him to help him get a green card circulated around the internet and right-wing blogs for years before the former president brought them up Tuesday.

Omar has called the rumors "absurd and offensive" and released a lengthy statement and timeline of her marriage history in 2016.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-launch ... 06676.html
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

People Think Kayleigh McEnany's Latest Attack On Joe Biden Must Be Satire
Lee Moran
Tue, November 30, 2021, 2:15 PM·1 min read

Kayleigh McEnany, a White House press secretary under Donald Trump, defied belief with her latest claim about President Joe Biden.

McEnany, who is now a co-host on Fox News’ “Outnumbered” show, on Monday accused Biden of politicizing COVID-19. “No one has politicized this virus more than President Joe Biden,” she claimed.

She shared this tweet from Fox News promoting her comments:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/people-think ... 41784.html
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Just another confirmation of what we already knew. Trump had covid during the first debate and showed up anyway.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

When does Meadows' book come out? Not that I care to read it, but I assume there's got to be a book tour and he can't just show up on Fox to promote it. I'd sure like to see Nicolle Wallace give him the same treatment she gave Christie.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

same as reported in the NYT
Trump Tested Positive for Virus Days Before Debate, 2 Ex-Officials Say
The former president first received a positive coronavirus test days ahead of his first debate with Joseph R. Biden Jr., and then received a negative result, two former officials say.

By Maggie Haberman
Dec. 1, 2021 Updated 12:33 p.m. ET

President Donald J. Trump tested positive for coronavirus three days before his first debate with Joseph R. Biden Jr. in 2020, two former administration officials said Wednesday.

The White House did not announce the positive test at the time, and the president received a negative result shortly afterward and carried on with a campaign rally and the debate, the officials said. The account was first reported by The Guardian, which cited a forthcoming book by Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows.

The two former officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly, confirmed the timeline on Mr. Trump’s test results contained in “The Chief’s Chief,” by Mr. Meadows, Mr. Trump’s fourth and final White House chief of staff.

The revelation came nearly a year after widespread speculation that Mr. Trump was sick when he first shared a stage with Mr. Biden for their first presidential debate on Sept. 29, months into the pandemic.

The White House declined repeatedly at the time to give a precise chronology of when precisely Mr. Trump first received a positive coronavirus test result. The administration first told the public in the early hours of Oct. 2 that Mr. Trump had tested positive. Mr. Trump was hospitalized later that same day.

Mr. Trump’s positive result was revealed only after a top adviser, Hope Hicks, was reported to be sick with Covid-19. At the time, Mr. Trump intimated in an interview with Fox News that Ms. Hicks might have given him the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/01/us/p ... itive.html?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://twitter.com/Angry_Staffer/statu ... 5273494536
Angry Staffer@Angry_Staffer
·
2h
“Trump knowingly exposed Joe Biden, half of his Cabinet, numerous reporters, Gold Star families, and the entire crew of Air Force One to COVID.

Here’s why that’s bad news for Joe Biden”

- NYT tomorrow, probably
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:lol:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

A very Donald Christmas.
Attachments
A Very Donald Christmas.jpg
A Very Donald Christmas.jpg (98.86 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:00 pm The cult won't care.
Fuck the cult. Garland should care.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:18 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:00 pm The cult won't care.
Fuck the cult. Garland should care.

Works for me.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:brickwallsmall:
Donald Trump accuses Meghan of ‘disrespecting the Queen and manipulating Prince Harry’
Harry has been used and has hurt his family, former president claims in Farage interview

Jake Kanter
Thursday December 02 2021, 12.00am, The Times

Donald Trump has criticised the Duchess of Sussex for being disrespectful towards the Queen and called Boris Johnson’s wind power plans “ridiculous” in his first overseas interview since being unseated as US president.

In a coup for GB News, Trump sat down with Nigel Farage for a conversation in which he repeatedly rehashed debunked arguments about the “rigged” 2020 election and bemoaned America’s standing on the world stage under President Biden. He criticised Biden for removing a Winston Churchill bust from his White House office.

Trump has a long friendship with Farage and the former Ukip leader secured the fledgling channel access to him after weeks of negotiations.

paywall https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dona ... -wm0svttl3
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:18 am
Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show by Jonathan Karl review – a tyrant’s last stand

The ABC News correspondent offers a sobering glimpse of a man unfit to govern and the chaos wreaked by an ego unable to grasp its own ineptitude

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... last-stand
I just finished reading this - it's very good!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:30 am
Betrayal: The Final Act of the Trump Show by Jonathan Karl review – a tyrant’s last stand

The ABC News correspondent offers a sobering glimpse of a man unfit to govern and the chaos wreaked by an ego unable to grasp its own ineptitude

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... last-stand
I concur. After that book I read Norm MacDonald's "autobiography" and now I'm jumping into Peril.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Every time you think he's reached the bottom, he digs deeper.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:23 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:30 am
I concur. After that book I read Norm MacDonald's "autobiography" and now I'm jumping into Peril.
Peril is quite good as well. I'd recommend both for anyone interested in Trump's final year. Obviously, there's a fair amount of overlap between the two, but each has enough unique reporting to make it worthwhile to read both.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:18 am :roll:

Let me see if I get this straight. They took an initial test which the WH doctor confirmed was a positive and then they reused the swab to take a second test that was then negative and then didn't get another test done? Wouldn't reusing the swab kind of lower the efficacy of the test?
raison de arizona

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:40 pm
Let me see if I get this straight. They took an initial test which the WH doctor confirmed was a positive and then they reused the swab to take a second test that was then negative and then didn't get another test done? Wouldn't reusing the swab kind of lower the efficacy of the test?
My understanding is that their story is that a test three days before the debate was positive, but two subsequent tests prior to the debate came back negative. Then positive again shortly after the debate.

I haven't heard anything about reusing swabs, but that would be stupid.

But then, they are stupid, so :shrug:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

spiduh wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:57 pm
► Show Spoiler
I haven't heard anything about reusing swabs, but that would be stupid.

But then, they are stupid, so :shrug:
Reusing swabs seems unlikely, the swab is the part that goes to the lab. Of course only with a full PCR test. Not sure of the procedure with the quick test.

ETA. this:
These speedy tests, which typically mix nasal or throat swabs with liquid on a paper strip to return results within half an hour, are thought of as tests of infectiousness, not of infection. They can detect only high viral loads, so they will miss many people with lower levels of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. But the hope is that they will help to curb the pandemic by quickly identifying the most contagious people, who might otherwise unknowingly pass on the virus.
in Rapid coronavirus tests: a guide for the perplexed https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00332-4

would suggest that with rapid antigen tests a swab could be reused by an idiot medical person.

Don't ask me about the hygiene situation around a potus :doh:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

But, but, but...he WAS positive. He ended up in the freakin' hospital a few days later so we know the first one was the accurate result and the second the false negative. How is that fake news?

Oh wait...
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

It's those pesky alternative facts, never know when those will conveniently crop up.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”