Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:08 pm The Senate Committee did not Subpoena it last term because they didn't have the power to do so without Republican votes, the Senate Committees had equal numbers of members from each party (reason #492 why Warnock getting re-elected is important, so the Committees have majorities).
Is the 'request' spelled out in the law formally considered a subpoena, then? The law seems to use the word 'request', without further explication.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:50 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:29 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:21 pm

Don’t forget the cheese curds to make it poutine! :lovestruck:

And mayo on hamburgers. :lovestruck:
Stop!

I may forget how to make Chili Spaghetti if you keep it up.
Pineapple on pizza? :batting: :batting:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:51 am
Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:08 pm The Senate Committee did not Subpoena it last term because they didn't have the power to do so without Republican votes, the Senate Committees had equal numbers of members from each party (reason #492 why Warnock getting re-elected is important, so the Committees have majorities).
Is the 'request' spelled out in the law formally considered a subpoena, then? The law seems to use the word 'request', without further explication.
IANAL, but the law says "Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request".

Note the word SHALL. So, I think that whether you call it a subpoena or something else, is a bit irrelevant. The Secretary of the Treasury and the IRS have no discretion, as I read the law, to decide whether or not to comply. On its face, it would appear that the law makes such a request just as binding as a full-fledged subpoena. A rose by any other name . . .
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

trump (the former guy)

Post by johnpcapitalist »

jemcanada2 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:21 pm
much ado wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 pm And gravy on my french fries!
Don’t forget the cheese curds to make it poutine! :lovestruck:

And mayo on hamburgers. :lovestruck:
Serve the hamburgers with Kraft mac and cheese dinners, and I'm there!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Please clarify "mayo". Our household, much to the chagrin of Firstborn Son, purchases Miracle Whip Salad Dressing and calls it "mayo".

ETA: See Hijack this Thread for more Arkansasisms.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Sam the Centipede

trump (the former guy)

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Requests/subpoenas: perhaps the drafter of the letter deliberately employed the specific word "request" so that it would be unarguable that this letter was such a "written request" in accordance with the law. Whereas if it had been a subpoena, perhaps there would be more avenues for contesting it?
Ben-Prime

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

noblepa wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:44 am
IANAL, but the law says "Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request".

Note the word SHALL. So, I think that whether you call it a subpoena or something else, is a bit irrelevant. The Secretary of the Treasury and the IRS have no discretion, as I read the law, to decide whether or not to comply. On its face, it would appear that the law makes such a request just as binding as a full-fledged subpoena. A rose by any other name . . .
For my argument, I think it's actually relevant, since the my concern was more the notion that somehow the split Senate might prevent chairfolk from having *subpoena* power, but this isn't a subpoena, so how does a 50-50 split prevent this simple written not-a-subpoena request, yanno?

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

It seems really simple, SHALL, but have we not spent the last three years fighting in court about this? Wonder what the next multi-year battle will be over.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

If you have three Nazis and tfg sitting at a dinner table, ya got four Nazis.
https://twitter.com/NoLieWithBTC/status ... 4969852948
No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen @NoLieWithBTC wrote: Just days after Trump dined with Kanye West and neo-Nazi Nick Fuentes, West said this: “I like Hitler. The Holocaust is not what happened, let’s look at the facts of that. Hitler has a lot of redeeming qualities.”

Donald Trump dines with Nazis.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:44 am

The Committee cannot act without a resolution, which must be passed by a majority of the committee, which in an evenly divided Senate is comprised of an equal number or members from each party. The TL:DR is, the Chairman of the Senate Committee of XXX was not going to request anything. It's reason #492 why 51 Senators is better than 50 + the VP.

Also, too, even in the House where they had the majority and requested, it took almost 4 years. Trump has effectively destroyed Congressional Oversight because he has established the Legal Doctrine of "Fuck the Pope, how many tanks does he have?" or the current version of Stalin's famous reaction to Papal Oversight.

Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:28 am Requests/subpoenas: perhaps the drafter of the letter deliberately employed the specific word "request" so that it would be unarguable that this letter was such a "written request" in accordance with the law. Whereas if it had been a subpoena, perhaps there would be more avenues for contesting it?
If they had wanted to require a subpoena they wouldn't have written request. The House I don't think ever did subpoena them, it just requested them and when Mnuchin said "no" they took him to court.

Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Trump issues a special address to J6 defendants: “Our country is going communist .. People are imprisoned right now. People are being tormented. Can’t let it happen. We’re going to stop it, and we’re going to win.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

old man waffling about his perception of a banana republic :cantlook: :brickwallsmall:

(though in a quiet corner :rotflmao: )
Ben-Prime

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

Or ... "Old Man Yells At The Cloud."

raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

Kendra wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:50 am https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 9781600260
Trump issues a special address to J6 defendants: “Our country is going communist .. People are imprisoned right now. People are being tormented. Can’t let it happen. We’re going to stop it, and we’re going to win.”
If tfg stops it, the terrorists win.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

A guy last night showed Trump his Championship Belt, so Trump decided to show him his Alpha Male boxing skills, which I put in slow-mo so you can appreciate his power and athletic prowess.
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

F4105C41-42C6-40B9-B0C1-E58AC393CCEA.png
F4105C41-42C6-40B9-B0C1-E58AC393CCEA.png (307.9 KiB) Viewed 614 times
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

:?: :?: :?: :confuzzled: :confuzzled: :confuzzled: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :cantlook: :cantlook: :cantlook: :sick:
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

as mentioned in tweet upthread
Trump expresses solidarity with Jan. 6 rioters who stormed the Capitol

By John Wagner
December 2, 2022 at 7:02 a.m. EST

Former president Donald Trump expressed solidarity with the mob that attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, sending a video of support to a fundraising event Thursday night hosted by a group called the Patriot Freedom Project that is supporting families of those being prosecuted by the government.

“People have been treated unconstitutionally, in my opinion, and very, very unfairly, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it,” he said in the video, which appeared to have been shot at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla. “It’s the weaponization of the Department of Justice, and we can’t let this happen in our country.”

Trump, who last month announced a 2024 White House bid, pledged that in coming months, he would take a close look at what he characterized as “a very unfair situation.”

The Patriot Freedom Project advertises itself as “a non-profit organization providing legal, financial, mental-health, and spiritual support for individuals and their families — including young children — who are suffering at the hands of a weaponized justice system.”

Trump repeatedly has made clear that he stands with the mob that stormed the Capitol to stop Congress from counting the electoral votes for Joe Biden’s win in the 2020 presidential election.

In September, Trump said he would issue full pardons and a government apology to the rioters, some of whom violently attacked law enforcement to stop the democratic transfer of power.

“I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told conservative radio host Wendy Bell. Such a move would be contingent on whether Trump wins the 2024 presidential election.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... s-capitol/
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Am I the only one mildly alarmed that apparently a man who was once the real President doesn't know what the term "Communist" means?

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gregg wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:10 am Image
I'm starting to feel a bit warm... did someone turn up the heat?
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:11 am Am I the only one mildly alarmed that apparently a man who was once the real President doesn't know what the term "Communist" means?
I saw this in the wee hours on Twitter, I think, but he wants
Edit: a new election reinstatement
and openly said screw the Constitution.
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Well, remember in 2012 he demanded that the Republican party not have a Primary and just give him the nomination. He seems to have always regard elections as both an unnecessary inconvenience, and just something that gives him endless opportunities to talk about the most important subjects in the world - himself and how mean everyone is to himself.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:11 am Am I the only one mildly alarmed that apparently a man who was once the real President doesn't know what the term "Communist" means?
More alarmed that he was once the real president.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

trump (the former guy)

Post by Greatgrey »

He’s having a normal Saturday morning…

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”