trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
noblepa

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

Has Trump succeeded in forming the a third political party?

Trump and his followers may call themselves Republicans, but they really aren't. The Republican party was always one of family values and fiscal responsibility. The Trumpists are following a twice-divorced serial philanderer who couldn't tell the truth to save his life; who cheats at everything he does, from his golf game to his businesses, to his political campaigns. He is personally in debt up to his eyeballs and his governing style, if you can call it that, showed no signs of fiscal conservatism.

Many traditional Republicans, both in and out of office, have, at least privately, expressed dismay and disgust at his antics. What passes for the Republican party these days is nothing more than a cult of personality. Trump's followers are blindly loyal to him, personally, since he stands for nothing. When prominent Republicans object to Trump's actions or words, his followers brand them RINO's and worse.

So, it seems to me that we really have three political parties today: the Democrats, the traditional Republicans, and the Trumpists. The latter two parties seem to have a tenuous coalition right now, but they share little in terms of values, belief in the rule of law or fiscal responsibility.
Jim

Post by Jim »

I think all pubs should take Trump's word and follow his advice...

Trump Urges Republicans to Sit Out Coming Elections
Former President Trump is urging Republicans not to vote in upcoming elections unless the “fraud” of the 2020 elections is uncovered.

“If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ’22 and ’24,” Trump said in a statement released Wednesday. “It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do.”

Trump’s claims of a “rigged” election also depressed voter turnout during the Georgia Senate runoff elections on January 5. Georgians elected two Democratic senators as a result, giving the party 50 total Senate seats.

Trump has repeatedly claimed, without evidence, that President Biden lost the election due to fraudulent voting practices. While Trump claimed that he won the states of Arizona, Georgia, and Pennsylvania at a rally in Iowa on Saturday, Biden won each of those states.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

noblepa wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 pm Trump and his followers may call themselves Republicans, but they really aren't. The Republican party was always one of family values and fiscal responsibility.
I don't know, I've watched the republican party pivot several times over the last few decades. I think they were only 'always' for family values and fiscal responsibility during the period where those were what the culture warriors and reactionaries were focusing on. They just follow whatever runs counter to whatever the progressives are doing. And even when they were using the facade of family values and fiscal responsibility, it was only ever that, a facade. Family values for others, responsibility for others, if you are among the better part of the population then whatever you were doing counted as family values and responsibility. As concepts they were meaningless, they just followed whatever their influencers were doing, which often meant, while not trump himself, other wealthy corrupt people.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Dislike visiting this topic, ducks in because this is hilarous. Taco day!
ABC News reported:

Former President Donald Trump must sit for a videotaped deposition next week as part of a lawsuit involving his anti-immigrant rhetoric, a judge in the Bronx ordered.

A group of Mexican protesters said they were assaulted during a rally outside Trump Tower in September 2015 over the then-candidate’s comments that Mexican immigrants were criminals and rapists.

The lawsuit named Trump, his campaign, his former head of security Keith Schiller, and others.

“Donald J. Trump shall appear for a deposition October 18, 2021 at 10 a.m. … or, in the event of illness or emergency, on another mutually agreed to date on or before October 31, 2021,” Judge Doris Gonzalez’s order said.
h/t Gateway House of Boys https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/1 ... t-lawsuit/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think he has several other depositions coming up soon. He can't hide in the Oval Office anymore. :clap:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:15 pm I think he has several other depositions coming up soon. He can't hide in the Oval Office anymore. :clap:
His lawsuit to block the deposition on Executive Privilege grounds in 3, 2, 1 . . .
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

For lack of a better locale, here goes nuthin'.

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/2 ... settlement
Fired FBI deputy Andrew McCabe wins retirement benefits and back pay in a settlement
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:groupdance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:46 pm Dislike visiting this topic, ducks in because this is hilarous. Taco day!
ABC News reported:

Former President Donald Trump must sit for a videotaped deposition next week as part of a lawsuit involving his anti-immigrant rhetoric, a judge in the Bronx ordered.

A group of Mexican protesters said they were assaulted during a rally outside Trump Tower in September 2015 over the then-candidate’s comments that Mexican immigrants were criminals and rapists.

The lawsuit named Trump, his campaign, his former head of security Keith Schiller, and others.

“Donald J. Trump shall appear for a deposition October 18, 2021 at 10 a.m. … or, in the event of illness or emergency, on another mutually agreed to date on or before October 31, 2021,” Judge Doris Gonzalez’s order said.
h/t Gateway House of Boys https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/1 ... t-lawsuit/
This is the first I've heard of this lawsuit. Does anyone know anything about the plaintiffs' lawyers? Are they up to this challenge?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

MsDaisy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:29 am :rotflmao:

Rachel said it's in other places. Harrisburg, PA; Richmond, VA; Orlando, FL; and more. The idea is to put it mostly in states that are playing stupid games with fraudits. Harrisburg is PA capitol, so it's there for all the legislators to see.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

chancery wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:03 pm This is the first I've heard of this lawsuit. Does anyone know anything about the plaintiffs' lawyers? Are they up to this challenge?
This is the “First Amended Complaint” from November 2015:
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000159 ... b94a770000
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Business Insider wrote:
Trump praised Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin, ranted about windmills, and pushed his baseless election fraud claims at a GOP retreat, report says

Trump harped on about his false election claims and grievances at a Senate GOP retreat in Florida.

He also praised Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin, and ranted about windmills, The Post said.
Former President Donald Trump continued to push false claims about the 2020 election, blasted his foes in Congress, and played all the biggest hits from his routine of grievances at Thursday's National Republican Senatorial Committee's retreat in Florida, a preview of the role he may play in the approaching 2022 midterm cycle.
Link to Business Insider article

Except for the praise lavished on foreign authoritarian leaders, Donald Trump seems to be tilting at both figurative (election fraud claims) and literal windmills, with the GOP playing the role of an enabling Sancho Panza.
Don Trumpote 2024!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I know why he's praising Putin but I'm getting whiplash from his China positions.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:nope: No, not Sancho Panza.

The GQP are in the role of Rocinante.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:19 pm :nope: No, not Sancho Panza.

Rocinante? From Don Quixote or Travels with Charley? Just like Steinbeck, at a time when he is past his prime, Trump is taking his road show across the US.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:18 pm I know why he's praising Putin but I'm getting whiplash from his China positions.
Xi was successful in getting term limits removed from being party president, it makes him a virtual dictator now...Zee Furher loves him some dictators...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

And Lindsey Graham longs to be Dulcinea.💘
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:18 pm I know why he's praising Putin but I'm getting whiplash from his China positions.
Why? he was stroking himself about his special relationship with Xi several times, and praising him on how he dealt with Covid. He just changed when it sunk into his deluded mind that the Chinese had played him for a sucker AGAIN in his latest "fantastic trade deal."

15 times Dump Praised China as coronavirus was spreading in Jan&Feb 2020. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/1 ... rus-188736
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A twice impeached ex-potus on the House seat? Think of the message that image sends to the world :doh: Apart - he then would have to really do work :lol:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:00 pm Xi was successful in getting term limits removed from being party president, it makes him a virtual dictator now...Zee Furher loves him some dictators...
To build off this, Trump is all about personal relationships. He can bash and hate a country or people but still praise the individual leader at the top since he has a relationship with the leader but the race or nation doesn't really like him.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Or the poodle in Travels with Charley.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:18 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 pm

Or the poodle in Travels with Charley.
Off Topic
Charley had painful prostate problems. Don’t y’all be dumping on Travels with Charley.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:52 pm A twice impeached ex-potus on the House seat? Think of the message that image sends to the world :doh: Apart - he then would have to really do work :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah. Trump doing work. Nope... ain't gonna happen.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and Speaker doesn't come with a free mansion and free airplane/helicopter service. It's really a big step down from the last job he had. I don't think he would even consider it.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”