Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

I wonder if this will get noticed by the so-called main stream media.

Edited to add:

It's up at The Guardian, but not yet at the WaPo.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/liv ... t-politics
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump trashes ‘ambitious’ potential 2024 rivals in sprawling interview

BY BRETT SAMUELS -
02/02/23 2:49 PM ET

Former President Trump on Thursday took swipes at a slew of possible 2024 GOP rivals, calling his former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley “overly ambitious” and accusing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin of being ungrateful.

Trump spoke for a half hour with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, addressing some of his potential challengers for the Republican presidential nomination and refusing to commit to endorsing the party’s eventual nominee.

The former president told Hewitt he believes Haley, DeSantis, Youngkin and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo should not run against him because of Trump’s previous relationships with them, though Trump acknowledged that would probably not stop them.

“Yeah, I would say that, but I know how life works. And I know how politics works,” Trump said. “And politics is a microcosm, but even more vicious, of life.”

“So you know, I’ve helped all those people. I took Mike out of nothing … I believe he always said he’d never run against the president,” Trump added. “And you know, time goes by and then they want to run, because they’re ambitious people. But you know, they’re polling very poorly.”

Pompeo has not said whether he is running for president in 2024, though he recently released a memoir and has been visiting early primary states like Iowa and New Hampshire.

Trump was similarly critical of Haley, who is expected to announce on Feb. 15 that she is running for president. Trump said he spoke on the phone recently with Haley about her plans.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... interview/
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Here we go...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (49.26 KiB) Viewed 1097 times
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Polie officer with a very checkered past? How did he become body guard for the members of Congress?

:brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Back the Blue!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

So much winning. His, or his campaign, case against WaPo back in 2020 was dismissed yesterday for failure to state a claim.

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... 0cv0626-25
101010 :towel:
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

George Takei :verified: 🏳️‍🌈🖖🏽
@georgetakei@universeodon.com
The GOP is in a bind. If Trump doesn’t win the nomination, he will likely run as a third party candidate.

You can’t ride the tiger, Republicans. It will always turn back and eat you.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Koch Political Machine Vows to Fight to Deny Trump GOP Nomination in 2024

Philip Elliott
Sun, February 5, 2023 at 1:30 PM GMT+1

The Koch political machine, which fuels the most powerful donor network in conservative politics, is declaring itself as be part of the NeverTrump effort for 2024, aiming to deny former President Donald Trump a third nomination for the White House.

The declaration, released in a recent memo to staffers and activists, never explicitly mentions Trump, but it’s abundantly clear from the tone in Americans for Prosperity CEO Emily Seidel’s message that the grassroots behemoth she leads has no plans of being a passive player in Republican politics when it comes to the White House. “Our country must move past the current political situation—we’ve got to turn the page on the past several years,” she wrote. “If we want to elect better people, we need better candidates. And if we want better candidates, we’ve got to get involved in elections earlier and in more primaries.”

Americans for Prosperity is perhaps the most forward-facing arm of the Koch political orbit, organized more than two decades ago by billionaires Charles and David Koch. They went all-in on Mitt Romney’s campaign in 2012, a move many of the network’s members to this day regret. The groups were no fans of Trump in 2016 but many of their donors were, so they officially stayed out of the primary after flirting with a flex. By the time Trump 2020 arrived, the groups had seen mixed records on their goals—tax cuts and criminal justice reform were good to their minds; the administration’s efforts on immigration and isolationism were not—and instead stayed largely out of the race.

But, in the intervening time, many of the Trump apologists in the Koch orbit have soured on the ex-President. The deadly Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, was a last straw for many, and the threat posed by a leader without respect for the rule of law—a key tenant for the free-market donors central to the Koch orbit—was too much to ignore. So, heading into the early days of the 2024 jockeying, it’s clear that the massive vault of cash controlled by these groups is up for grabs. It alone won’t be enough to win anyone the nomination—and maybe not enough to deny it to Trump—but it’s a force that doesn’t have a peer.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/koch-politic ... 30494.html
(original: Time)
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

:roll:
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

“LOOKIT MEEEEE!!!!!!!”
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

His Spacefart would have used the Man-in-the-Moon to hide inside a balloon at 66000 feet, exposed to space radiation for months, to feed on ramen MREs without end, and suck the water dropplets from the earths cloud cover (or did they order fresh Spring Water from the Rockies?).

:cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :cantlook: :brickwallsmall: :cantlook:

:doh:

:blackeye:
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

PS. were the sharks and other sea life faster than the Navy and Coast Guard to find the remains of the balloon staff? :blackeye: :twisted:
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Can't locate an original post or thread, so I dump this here (sorry if duplicate):
Trump 2020 Campaign Suit Against Washington Post Dismissed
  • Judge said suit failed to meet legal standards for defamation
    Case delayed in part by Jackson’s elevation to Supreme Court
ByZoe Tillman
February 3, 2023 at 10:41 PM GMT+1Updated onFebruary 3, 2023 at 11:56 PM GMT+1

A defamation lawsuit by President Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign against the Washington Post was dismissed by a federal judge.

US District Judge Rudolph Contreras in Washington ruled Friday that the campaign failed to meet the legal standards for defamation claims over the two articles at issue in the March 2020 suit. One was about the report of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, and the other was about Trump’s 2020 campaign strategy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -dismissed
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

So. Much. Whinning.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:31 pm Can't locate an original post or thread, so I dump this here (sorry if duplicate):
Trump 2020 Campaign Suit Against Washington Post Dismissed
  • Judge said suit failed to meet legal standards for defamation
    Case delayed in part by Jackson’s elevation to Supreme Court
ByZoe Tillman
February 3, 2023 at 10:41 PM GMT+1Updated onFebruary 3, 2023 at 11:56 PM GMT+1

A defamation lawsuit by President Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign against the Washington Post was dismissed by a federal judge.

US District Judge Rudolph Contreras in Washington ruled Friday that the campaign failed to meet the legal standards for defamation claims over the two articles at issue in the March 2020 suit. One was about the report of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, and the other was about Trump’s 2020 campaign strategy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -dismissed
If you want to read the actual ruling (especially if you get registration/paywalled), you can go here. ;) :whistle:
northland10 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:59 pm So much winning. His, or his campaign, case against WaPo back in 2020 was dismissed yesterday for failure to state a claim.

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... 0cv0626-25
101010 :towel:
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Donald Trump Tries to Deny That Spy Balloons Also Flew Over U.S. During His Presidency

Corbin Bolies
Sun, February 5, 2023 at 4:59 PM GMT+1

Donald Trump tried to deny reports on Sunday that China launched spy balloons over the U.S. during his presidency, saying the claims were an attempt to deflect embarrassment over the half-week debacle.

Three other spy balloons have traveled over the continental U.S. in the past, officials told the Associated Press, including twice during the Trump administration. That has not stopped Trump and his acolytes, such as Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, from claiming otherwise.

“The Chinese Balloon situation is a disgrace, just like the Afghanistan horror show, and everything else surrounding the grossly incompetent Biden Administration. They are only good at cheating in elections, and disinformation,” Trump said in a post on his social network Truth Social.

“And now they are putting out that a Balloon was put up by China during the Trump Administration, in order to take the ‘heat’ off the slow moving Biden fools. China had too much respect for ‘TRUMP’ for this to have happened, and it NEVER did.”

But U.S. officials said Saturday that the Chinese spy balloon—which spawned the most-watched news event since last year’s Super Bowl—was not the first of its kind.

Still, that did not stop Trump from employing his tried-and-true line of defense: labeling facts he does not care for as fake news.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 09555.html
(original: The Daily Beast)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Tom Cotton. :bag:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

tfg live Truthed the SOTU, like a lot. And no one cares. So beautiful.
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

:roll: Stollen.

Gupwalla

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gupwalla »

I agree with DJT to the extent that the 2020 election involved a large nutty fruitcake.
raison de arizona

trump (the former guy)

why tf can he not spell stolen? He consistently misspells it. Someone should make him write it fifty times until he can get it right.
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:55 pm why tf can he not spell stolen? He consistently misspells it. Someone should make him write it fifty times until he can get it right.
I think it would go something like this:

1-5 stolen
6-10 stollen
11 sTrollen
12 sTrumen
13 sTrumpen
14-35 Trump
35-45 me me me!
45-50 witch hunt
Kendra

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Trump’s favorite part of the hearing today was Clay Higgins threatening Twitter employees with jail.
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

Then again, I love stollen over the Christmas holidays!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Patagoniagirl

trump (the former guy)

Post by Patagoniagirl »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:23 pm Then again, I love stollen over the Christmas holidays!

Beat me to it!

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”