trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dr. Ken

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

The new yorker article just confirms what we knew about trump. His reason for not visiting the funerals of those sent off to war, for why he didn't go the memorial overseas.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Holy Shit!!

It's a long read but worth every second.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:11 am The New Yorker article is very long but looks very interesting - Inside the War Between Trump and His Generals. The quote about Trump wanting his generals to be more like the German generals of WWII comes from this article. I wish the tweets included the additional sentence -
“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said.
Or Trump's apparent response that he didn't believe that.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:11 am The New Yorker article is very long but looks very interesting - Inside the War Between Trump and His Generals. The quote about Trump wanting his generals to be more like the German generals of WWII comes from this article. I wish the tweets included the additional sentence -
“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said.
Damn, now *I* wish his generals were a bit more like the German generals, too (with better luck)
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Lani wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:20 pm
Article in WaPo yesterday: The GOP is sick. It didn’t start with Trump — and won’t end with him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... k-excerpt/
:yeahthat:

See also "The GOP is Viktor Orban’s party now" by Max Boot
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... w-fascism/

(I still can't believe I agree with Max Boot, but he's been a bit sane for a while now.)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Not arguing that it started with Trump. But it amped up as a result of him to where we have a major political party that is openly fascist, aligned with fascists and Russia, and has enough support we are concerned they could carry one or both houses and the presidency when it comes up. And where armed militia thugs are calling fellow Americans the “evil ones.”
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Good article, I may spring for Milbank’s book.

My personal choice for calumny wasn’t mentioned in the article, but the fruits of his labors were - Frank Luntz, the consultant Gingrich hired who told the Rethugs to use negative adjectives (stupid, evil, damaging) every.single.time. they spoke about Democrats. He gave seminars and spoke at R political retreats and more. Those working in Washington knew it was just rhetorical fuckery BUT the rubes didn’t. Years and years of calling Dems debased and worse have led to Q, adrenachrome, hatred of ‘libs’ just because, and the stupidest of the stupid conspiracies.

FUCK THESE LYING REPUBLICAN ASSHATS! I WANT MY ZEITGEIST BACK!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
much ado

Post by much ado »

Full text of General Milley's letter dated June 8, 2020.

From The New Yorker: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022 ... s-generals

I regret to inform you that I intend to resign as your Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Thank you for the honor of appointing me as senior ranking officer. The events of the last couple weeks have caused me to do deep soul-searching, and I can no longer faithfully support and execute your orders as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It is my belief that you were doing great and irreparable harm to my country. I believe that you have made a concerted effort over time to politicize the United States military. I thought that I could change that. I’ve come to the realization that I cannot, and I need to step aside and let someone else try to do that.

Second, you are using the military to create fear in the minds of the people—and we are trying to protect the American people. I cannot stand idly by and participate in that attack, verbally or otherwise, on the American people. The American people trust their military and they trust us to protect them against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and our military will do just that. We will not turn our back on the American people.

Third, I swore an oath to the Constitution of the United States and embodied within that Constitution is the idea that says that all men and women are created equal. All men and women are created equal, no matter who you are, whether you are white or Black, Asian, Indian, no matter the color of your skin, no matter if you’re gay, straight or something in between. It doesn’t matter if you’re Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jew, or choose not to believe. None of that matters. It doesn’t matter what country you came from, what your last name is—what matters is we’re Americans. We’re all Americans. That under these colors of red, white, and blue—the colors that my parents fought for in World War II—means something around the world. It’s obvious to me that you don’t think of those colors the same way I do. It’s obvious to me that you don’t hold those values dear and the cause that I serve.

And lastly it is my deeply held belief that you’re ruining the international order, and causing significant damage to our country overseas, that was fought for so hard by the Greatest Generation that they instituted in 1945. Between 1914 and 1945, 150 million people were slaughtered in the conduct of war. They were slaughtered because of tyrannies and dictatorships. That generation, like every generation, has fought against that, has fought against fascism, has fought against Nazism, has fought against extremism. It’s now obvious to me that you don’t understand that world order. You don’t understand what the war was all about. In fact, you subscribe to many of the principles that we fought against. And I cannot be a party to that. It is with deep regret that I hereby submit my letter of resignation.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:10 pm
Charlie McCarthy is in the Smithsonian. Trump won't be unless they create a "Rogues Gallery".
Unfortunately he will be, as the National Portrait gallery is part of the Smithsonian....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:03 am The ones that thought Hitler was a bloody fool? And who kept trying to do an end run around his orders behind his back?
The ones who spent a good part of the war plotting to kill him?

Hmmm... I'm kind of liking the taste of that in my mouth... lemme think about that. :think:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:27 pm
noblepa wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:10 pm
Charlie McCarthy is in the Smithsonian. Trump won't be unless they create a "Rogues Gallery".
Unfortunately he will be, as the National Portrait gallery is part of the Smithsonian....
Can we at least get Ralph Steadman to be the painter?

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Gregg wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:18 pm
Suranis wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:03 am The ones that thought Hitler was a bloody fool? And who kept trying to do an end run around his orders behind his back?

Hmmm... I'm kind of liking the taste of that in my mouth... lemme think about that. :think:
Where was our Von Stauffenberg?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:22 pm
Can we at least get Ralph Steadman to be the painter?

change approved.jpg
change approved.jpg (172.38 KiB) Viewed 664 times

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

CNN: FBI executes search warrant at Trump's Mar-a-Lago:
The FBI executed a search warrant today at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, the former President confirms to CNN.

This story is breaking and will be updated.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN reporting that FBI executed a search warrant at Mar A Lago. :popcorn:

Bob is too fast for me :)
Lani

Post by Lani »

You bet me to it! (Not that I care. I'm just happy about the raid!)
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Woot woot! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:18 pm :snippity:

I was more in favour of Pelosi and Schummer, along with several Dems, knifing him just before his State of the Union address...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ha!
“Et tu, Nancé?’

(Wow, things move fast. This was in response to Frater ‘s post, then all hell broke loose. The good kind of hell, yay.)
bob

Post by bob »

(CNN's WH correspondent.)
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Soooooo, the botched burglary of the DNC is exactly like the FBI showing up at your house with search warrants.

Got it.

Of course the raid was unannounced. Otherwise, every toilet in the resort would be clogged with paperwork.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

B7AFB526-5F4F-43F1-968A-1EC12C06E6FB.jpeg
B7AFB526-5F4F-43F1-968A-1EC12C06E6FB.jpeg (168.58 KiB) Viewed 584 times
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I'm going to go out on a very short and sturdy limb here and say the FBI doesn't raid the residence of a former president unless they're 110% sure they have something.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:16 pm I'm going to go out on a very short and sturdy limb here and say the FBI doesn't raid the residence of a former president unless they're 110% sure they have something.
You just gotta know this search warrant was airtight.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”