Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
SuzieC
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by SuzieC »

what revelation is he talking about? The imaginary firings of the neurons in his head, or something else?
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

He's just talking about the "Revelation" that happened when he lost. It's just his habit to keep talking about the same thing as a new shocking revelation so people will look around for new stuff, because "he has to be talking about something new, right?"
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Of course he could be covering up this latest bribery for pardons scandal, but I dont think it happened. I don't think Trimp would stick his turkey neck out for a mere Ten Grand.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/suspecte ... eedb9d3609
Democrats Demand Documents In Suspected Pardon Bribery Scam Linked To Trump PAC
Trump pardoned two arsonist ranchers a week after a $10,000 donation was made to the America First Action PAC, which funded his 2020 reelection bid.
Mary Papenfuss
By 
Mary Papenfuss
Dec 3, 2022, 12:35 AM EST

Two Democrats on the House Natural Resources Committee are seeking all documents connected to a suspected bribery pardon scheme allegedly involving a Donald Trump-aligned super PAC and the freeing of arsonist ranchers connected to a renegade group that occupied federal lands.

The circumstances “raise significant concerns” about a “potential case of bribery under the Trump administration,” Natural Resources chair Raúl Grijalva and Rep. Katie Porter (D-Calif.) said in a letter Friday to Interior Secretary Deb Haaland.

They’re seeking all documents related to the pardons of father-and-son ranchers Dwight and Steven Hammond.

The Hammonds were convicted in 2012 of setting fires on public lands they had leased after illegally killing deer on the land. Their five-year sentence for arson in 2015 triggered right-wing protests, including a 40-day armed occupation of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon led by militant rancher brothers Ryan and Ammon Bundy.

Grijalva and Porter believe the men were pardoned because real estate developer Mike Ingram gave $10,000 to Trump’s super PAC America First Action Inc., which backed Trump’s failed reelection campaign.

A Republican lawmaker reportedly told Ingram that Trump was “seriously considering” the developer’s request to the Interior Department in 2018 that the men be pardoned. The following day, Ingram made the $10,000 donation to the PAC, and Trump pardoned the men eight days later, the lawmakers noted in their letter Friday.

Jennifer Rokala, executive director of the Center for Western Priorities, denounced the pardon at the time and said Trump had “once again sided with lawless extremists who believe that public land does not belong to all Americans.”

Despite the Hammonds’ record of violence, David Bernhardt, an interior secretary in the Trump administration, granted them a new grazing permit on Trump’s last day in office. The permit would have allowed the ranchers to use public land for their livestock for 10 years. But the decision was rescinded by the Biden administration.

Ingram and other individuals linked to the developer also donated nearly a quarter of a million dollars to the Trump Victory Fund and the Republican National Committee in 2017 shortly before a clean water permit was approved for an Ingram development in Arizona by Bernhardt.

In that case, the House Natural Resources Committee alleged the payments were in exchange for the permit, and it referred the matter in May to the Justice Department for investigation.

“The parallels between the [Arizona development case] and the Hammonds’ pardons raise significant concerns about another potential case of bribery under the Trump administration and warrant further investigation,” Grijalva and Porter noted in their letter.

An attorney for Ingram denied any wrongdoing by his client.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Greatgrey wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:32 am He’s having a normal Saturday morning…

Thanks-that's the one I saw earlier. Real patriot there.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

Yes, nullify the Constitution. Because _that_ is a thing. JFC.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

The new revelations are that Facebook or Twitter or somebody discouraged widespread lies about Hunter Biden’s laptop on social media. Before the 2020 election. Gasp, the horror.

And so he decided that obviously he would have won if it wasn't for the "tech giants" "working closely with" the evil Democrats.

He's been riffing on it for weeks, but like the mousie said, pretending it's new.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

trump (the former guy)

Post by p0rtia »

Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:11 am Am I the only one mildly alarmed that apparently a man who was once the real President doesn't know what the term "Communist" means?
He knows exactly what it means...on Earth2.

Noun. Adj. Verb. Preposition. Adverb: A scare word used indiscriminately to trash anyone we don't like. The original meaning was lost in the mists of 2020, so it is understood that no actual meaning need be implied. Not used in polite society.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

So now the Founding Fathers are relegated to mere crow's-feet figures? :brickwallsmall:
jemcanada2

trump (the former guy)

Post by jemcanada2 »

Is tfg talking about the big Twitter reveal of text messages that Musk released? All the sane people are comparing it to Geraldo Rivera and the big Al Capone vault reveal. A lot of nothing burgers. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

jemcanada2 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:15 pm Is tfg talking about the big Twitter reveal of text messages that Musk released? All the sane people are comparing it to Geraldo Rivera and the big Al Capone vault reveal. A lot of nothing burgers. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Let's not leave Matt Taibbi out of it. He's Musk's tool, and Musk is Andy Ngo's tool. :roll:
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:23 am
Gregg wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:11 am Am I the only one mildly alarmed that apparently a man who was once the real President doesn't know what the term "Communist" means?
More alarmed that he was once the real president.
I'm more alarmed that there is a non-zero chance that he will be President again.
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:25 am Yes, nullify the Constitution. Because _that_ is a thing. JFC.
Didn't some soldier in the Vietnam war, when charged with war crimes, say that "the only way to save the village was to burn it down"?

Trump seems to be saying that the only way to save the Constitution is to completely ignore it.

I believe it was Daniel Webster who said "if we abandon the law to fight the devil himself, who will defend us when he turns on us?".
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

It's on par with the patriots calling for the military to intervene :blackeye:
neeneko

trump (the former guy)

Post by neeneko »

He knows the only definition that matters to the right : communist => our cultural enemy. That is the only characteristic that has mattered for 70 years now.
neeneko

trump (the former guy)

Post by neeneko »

noblepa wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:26 pm Didn't some soldier in the Vietnam war, when charged with war crimes, say that "the only way to save the village was to burn it down"?

Trump seems to be saying that the only way to save the Constitution is to completely ignore it.

I believe it was Daniel Webster who said "if we abandon the law to fight the devil himself, who will defend us when he turns on us?".
Well, that is how people have been treating the Bible for ages, so if they view the Constitution as divinely inspired, makes sense they would treat it the same way.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:21 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:15 pm Is tfg talking about the big Twitter reveal of text messages that Musk released? All the sane people are comparing it to Geraldo Rivera and the big Al Capone vault reveal. A lot of nothing burgers. :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Let's not leave Matt Taibbi out of it. He's Musk's tool, and Musk is Andy Ngo's tool. :roll:
What did Matt Taibbi do? He's always seemed OK to me, though I haven't really heard of much from him in quite a while
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

From "A Man for All Seasons"-
William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!

Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
William Roper was Sir Thomas More's son-in-law.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
SuzieC
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by SuzieC »

Taibbi gleefully posting Hunter Biden dick pics to own the libs.
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:37 pm
What did Matt Taibbi do? He's always seemed OK to me, though I haven't really heard of much from him in quite a while
He's become a conspiracy/RWNJ tool.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Kriselda Gray »

SuzieC wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:54 pm Taibbi gleefully posting Hunter Biden dick pics to own the libs.
Oh my gods. What an ass... For some reason, I thought he was more of a liberal. Show what I know... :mad:
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

The really crazy thing is that there are people who believe him.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:59 am The new revelations are that Facebook or Twitter or somebody discouraged widespread lies about Hunter Biden’s laptop on social media. Before the 2020 election. Gasp, the horror.

And so he decided that obviously he would have won if it wasn't for the "tech giants" "working closely with" the evil Democrats.

He's been riffing on it for weeks, but like the mousie said, pretending it's new.
Oh, isn't that about what That facebook tool Zukerberg said on Joe Rogan- that the FBI came to them and told them they believed there would be some Joe Biden Disinformation coming alone in the next couple of months, and to look out for it. Nothing specific. So When the laptop shit came around Zuckerberg said he assumned that was it, and limited the spread of it on Facebook.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62688532
Critically, it fed into long-running unproven allegations about corruption on Joe Biden's part to ensure his son's business success in Ukraine.

In that context, the New York Post story, based on exclusive data no other news agency had access to, was met with scepticism - and censored by social media outlets.

Zuckerberg told Rogan: "The background here is that the FBI came to us - some folks on our team - and was like 'hey, just so you know, you should be on high alert. We thought there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election, we have it on notice that basically there's about to be some kind of dump that's similar to that'."

He said the FBI did not warn Facebook about the Biden story in particular - only that Facebook thought it "fit that pattern".

The article remains controversial. The hard drive at its centre was provided to the Post by Donald Trump's own lawyer, Rudy Giuliani.

More than a year after the story appeared, the Washington Post conducted its own analysis and concluded the laptop and some emails were likely to be authentic - but the majority of data could not be verified due to "sloppy handling of the data".

Other once-sceptical news organisations such as the New York Times have agreed at least some of the emails are genuine.

Rogan, one of the most popular podcasters in the world with an audience of millions for each episode, has himself been accused of spreading misinformation in the past.

Asking Zuckerberg if he regretted suppressing the factual story, the Facebook founder replied: "It sucks... I think in the same way that having to go though a criminal trial but being proven innocent in the end sucks... in the end you're free."

But Zuckerberg acknowledged that there remained disagreement about the story, which he said was a "hyper-political issue".

"Depending on what side of the political spectrum [you're on], you either think we didn't censor it enough or we censored it way too much."

Facebook did not completely ban sharing of the article, but instead limited how much its algorithm automatically shared it to other people for a week, while third-party fact-checkers tried to verify the reporting.

So while people could post the article and discuss it, it was less likely to spread organically to new users.

By contrast, Twitter banned sharing of the article at all. Both social media companies found themselves blasted by US Republicans and Donald Trump supporters, and had to explain their actions before a US Senate hearing in the following days.
This turned into

THE FBI TOLD FACEBOOK TO BLOCK THE NEWS OF HUNTER BIDEN'S LAPTOP!! DEEP STATE AGAINST TRUMP!! WARRRBLE!!
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

trump (the former guy)

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.

Hey LAST WEEK Zuckerberg came to my house see me in the White House to kiss my ass!

I should have asked him about Trump. I forgot. :blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Dr. Ken

trump (the former guy)

Post by Dr. Ken »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:10 am
Greatgrey wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:32 am He’s having a normal Saturday morning…

Thanks-that's the one I saw earlier. Real patriot there.
What a fucking loser.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

SuzieC wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:46 am what revelation is he talking about? The imaginary firings of the neurons in his head, or something else?
Elmo says Twitter suppressed the story about Hunter Biden's laptop and that caused him to lose.

It's time to fit him for his Dictator's Uniform

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”