Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder how this SCOTUS decision will affect moderate Rs and Independents, considering people favor safe abortion rights by a pretty damn good margin. If they stay home or vote D we may have a chance, but even if DeathSantis/Rubio do lose, I fear DeathSantis will pull a trump, but he's got the minions to make it work.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:06 pm I wonder how this SCOTUS decision will affect moderate Rs and Independents, considering people favor safe abortion rights by a pretty damn good margin. If they stay home or vote D we may have a chance, but even if DeathSantis/Rubio do lose, I fear DeathSantis will pull a trump, but he's got the minions to make it work.
tfg said in no uncertain terms that he would do this. It didn't stop them from voting or supporting him last time, it won't stop them from supporting anyone with those views this time either.
No Roe Poso 🇺🇸 @JackPosobiec wrote: Trump in 2016: I will put 2-3 judges on the Supreme Court and we will overturn Roe v Wade
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:44 pm Gregg, where do you think we have our best pickup opportunities? I think Ryan in OH and Fetterman in PA. Outside chance of Demings in FLA. Anyone else?
Those and sick bastard that I am I look at states that have old Republican senators with Democratic Governors and then root for heart disease.

Looking at you Mitch :waiting:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

97ABDB6C-8A74-4F74-9494-52D85B9BC6DE.png
97ABDB6C-8A74-4F74-9494-52D85B9BC6DE.png (499.17 KiB) Viewed 1200 times
6425F861-D1B7-4F0C-BED4-D022B7733B24.jpeg
6425F861-D1B7-4F0C-BED4-D022B7733B24.jpeg (367.05 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Mary Miller is a current US Representative from Illinois where Trump is speaking -

raison de arizona

I would comment that they aren’t even bothering to hide the racism anymore, but then they haven’t been doing that for awhile now.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Someone commented that the left side of his face looks like he had a stroke. It does look a little odd, but I'm not guessing a stroke. He always just looks weird to me. Always has, even when he was much younger. I never thought him good looking.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:43 pm Mary Miller is a current US Representative from Illinois where Trump is speaking -

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/ ... 3223991296
A little more on Mary Miller.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I was almost positive where Mary Miller was from before I looked it up. The Illinois 15th covers a large swath of south eastern Illinois, including Effingham. This is knuckle-dragger territory and the more rural areas have a real "Deliverance" vibe going. You'll find the Cross by the Crossroads in Effingham because nothing says "We are worthy" quite like a twenty story aluminum sided cross by the highway.

america-s-largest-cross.jpeg
america-s-largest-cross.jpeg (51.97 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:28 am I was almost positive where Mary Miller was from before I looked it up. The Illinois 15th covers a large swath of south eastern Illinois, including Effingham. This is knuckle-dragger territory and the more rural areas have a real "Deliverance" vibe going. You'll find the Cross by the Crossroads in Effingham because nothing says "We are worthy" quite like a twenty story aluminum sided cross by the highway.

america-s-largest-cross.jpeg
How do they get themselves up there to be nailed onto it? It's 198 feet (due to FAA regulations of 200ft and they refuse to put a flashing light at the top).
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess those "christians" will need to grow in stature to match the shiny object of desire :twisted:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

I bet it's a big attraction when there is a thunderstorm.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Electrifying :lol:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Effingham is about the midway point on my trips between Indy and St. Louis to check in on my dad so I drive by this pretentious metal spike at least twice a month. My wife, who incidentally grew up in the area, hates it with a white hot passion. Rumor has it that it cost somewhere around 20 million dollars to build which is money that could have been spent much more wisely elsewhere. The creators explain it by reasoning that people driving by will see it and therefore become good Christians, which seems absolutely ludicrous to me.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Mary Miller is from a Chicago suburb.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:39 pm Effingham is about the midway point on my trips between Indy and St. Louis to check in on my dad so I drive by this pretentious metal spike at least twice a month. My wife, who incidentally grew up in the area, hates it with a white hot passion. Rumor has it that it cost somewhere around 20 million dollars to build which is money that could have been spent much more wisely elsewhere. The creators explain it by reasoning that people driving by will see it and therefore become good Christians, which seems absolutely ludicrous to me.
It strikes me as everything Christianity shouldn’t be: gaudy, overblown, gross.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:06 pm I wonder how this SCOTUS decision will affect moderate Rs and Independents, considering people favor safe abortion rights by a pretty damn good margin. If they stay home or vote D we may have a chance, but even if DeathSantis/Rubio do lose, I fear DeathSantis will pull a trump, but he's got the minions to make it work.
Independents and libertarians shirley don’t approve.
raison de arizona

We’ll see. Gallup polling a couple weeks ago puts abortion rights when voting as a concern for about 5% of voters, near the bottom of the list they polled for. Will overturning Roe change that? Maybe. Maybe not. My feeling is yeah they favor it, but no it won’t change their vote. :shrug: (Bear in mind polling was done after the draft opinion leaked.)
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:46 pm Independents and libertarians shirley don’t approve.
Independents? I do not think the GoP really cares what they think anymore.

Libertarians? The modern stripe seems pretty ok with this. Women deciding such things has always rubbed the libertarian community wrong.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:46 pm
Independents and libertarians shirley don’t approve.
Like the one who spent two hours in front of Congress the other day telling them how batshit crazy Trump's plan to steal the election was, and the next day said "But I'll vote for him next time if he runs".

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

:violin:
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:43 pm Mary Miller is from a Chicago suburb.
She was born in Oak Park (Western burb right next to Chicago) and graduated high school in Naperville (SW Burbs) but she married Chris Miller who is from Oakland, IL (in Southern Illinois) back in the 80s, I think.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:46 pm :violin:
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:43 pm Mary Miller is from a Chicago suburb.
She was born in Oak Park (Western burb right next to Chicago) and graduated high school in Naperville (SW Burbs) but she married Chris Miller who is from Oakland, IL (in Southern Illinois) back in the 80s, I think.
Its not important where she's from geographically, the problem lies in her being from 1952.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NBC News confirms: Trump documentarian Alex Holder has been contacted by the Fulton County District Attorney's office about his potential cooperation with the grand jury investigating the Georgia pressure campaign to overturn the 2020 election.
@NBCNews
Think they're starting to regret the vanity documentary project?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”