Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
SuzieC
Verified:

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by SuzieC »

Having just finished Episode 5 of The Rings of Power, I think Trump's support is like Adar's support from orcs: Hideously ugly beings who die off and cannot sustain him in power.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

But somehow he got even more votes in 2020 than he got in 2016, this man who is...losing support. :confuzzled:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
June bug

Post by June bug »

RVInit wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:56 am But somehow he got even more votes in 2020 than he got in 2016, this man who is...losing support. :confuzzled:
And a new poll says his favorable rating among registered voters has gone up 5% since June: from 34 to 39%.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RVInit wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:56 am But somehow he got even more votes in 2020 than he got in 2016, this man who is...losing support. :confuzzled:
You are comparing a high turnout election with a low turnout election. If you want to play that game, the Democratic contestant got vastly more votes than the Dem contested in 2016, and Trump lost by 20 million votes compared to 2.6 million.

As a vote percentage, Rumps support dropped the most among white men, the demonized villains of every "progressive" meme, dropping by 8%. Looking at the "Progressive" heroes, trumps vote increased by 2% among minorities and I don't know how it fared in women, honestly.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:07 pm Do you get the impression that Trump's support is being distilled, slowly but steadily it evaporates away but what is left is more and more concentrated, until eventually it'll be a ball of oily evil putty.
Harmus, Toupee of Evil, brother of Armus. His secret origin revealed.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Suranis wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:36 am
You are comparing a high turnout election with a low turnout election. If you want to play that game, the Democratic contestant got vastly more votes than the Dem contested in 2016, and Trump lost by 20 million votes compared to 2.6 million.

As a vote percentage, Rumps support dropped the most among white men, the demonized villains of every "progressive" meme, dropping by 8%. Looking at the "Progressive" heroes, trumps vote increased by 2% among minorities and I don't know how it fared in women, honestly.
"Trump became the first Republican, and first incumbent president of either party since 2004 to increase their share of the popular vote, and the first losing incumbent to do so since 1828."

In 2016 Trump received 46.1% of the votes. In 2020 he received 46.9% of the votes. I would love to believe his popularity is dropping, but everyone keeps saying it's dropping, they were saying it dropped during 2020 election season and yet, here we are. He goes down in history as being the first Republican incumbent losing an election and yet receiving an even higher percentage of the vote than he received in the election he won.

Popularity doesn't mean anything when Republicans hate Trump but they believe Democrats are evil, so they will vote for the Republican they hate. And let's face it. How someone votes is far more important than who they like. And the vast majority of Republican voters will crawl across glass to vote for a Republican they despise in order to prevent an evil devil worshipping baby eater to be elected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Unit ... nce%201828.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Unit ... l_election
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RVInit wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:18 am
Suranis wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:36 am

"Trump became the first Republican, and first incumbent president of either party since 2004 to increase their share of the popular vote, and the first losing incumbent to do so since 1828."

In 2016 Trump received 46.1% of the votes. In 2020 he received 46.9% of the votes. I would love to believe his popularity is dropping, but everyone keeps saying it's dropping, they were saying it dropped during 2020 election season and yet, here we are. He goes down in history as being the first Republican incumbent losing an election and yet receiving an even higher percentage of the vote than he received in the election he won.

Popularity doesn't mean anything when Republicans hate Trump but they believe Democrats are evil, so they will vote for the Republican they hate. And let's face it. How someone votes is far more important than who they like. And the vast majority of Republican voters will crawl across glass to vote for a Republican they despise in order to prevent an evil devil worshipping baby eater to be elected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Unit ... nce%201828.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Unit ... l_election
Ah lies, damned lies and statistics.

Ok lets look at those numbers

2016 Trump 46.1%, Dem candidate 48.2% That leaves 5.7% independent or third party

2020 Trump 46.9%, Dem Candidate 51.3%. That leaves 1.8% independant or thirdf party

That means that the independent vote shrank by 3.9%. So those voters broke to either Rep or Dem

so of the available 3.9% potential increase in vote. Trump only snagged 0.8% of those leaving the Independant comump. The rest (3.1%) went to the Dem candidate.

So, Trump got only 25% of the Available new vote percentage. Which is pathetic. And is nowhere near enough to put him over the edge. He never came close to cutting into Biden's lead as Biden gobbled far more of the available independent new votes than trumpie did.

Ya, if you just look at Trumpy vote percentage in isolation it looks like he increased popularity. But it is NOT in isolation. In reality the available third party etc voters massively turned against him. Have you seen anything close to him turning those back to independent voters, or even his column?

I haven't either. He's brunt toast is charcoal black.
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:38 am
Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:07 pm Do you get the impression that Trump's support is being distilled, slowly but steadily it evaporates away but what is left is more and more concentrated, until eventually it'll be a ball of oily evil putty.
Gregg and Ben win the internet!
Harmus, Toupee of Evil, brother of Armus. His secret origin revealed.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump to Face Sexual Battery Suit Under New ‘Survivors’ Law
Donald Trump has faced a defamation suit from journalist E. Jean Carroll over her allegations that Trump raped her. Now she’s escalating the suit.

Jose Pagliery Political Investigations Reporter
Updated Sep. 21, 2022 3:54AM ET Published Sep. 20, 2022 5:53PM ET

E. Jean Carroll, the journalist who claims she was raped by Donald Trump decades ago in a New York department store, is planning to sue him for sexual battery under the state’s new “survivors” law later this year—and her attorneys now want to question Trump under oath.

In an August letter to a New York federal judge that was just made public Tuesday, Carroll’s lawyer notified the court that severe legal action was on the horizon.

The issue was brought up in court filings related to Carroll’s current lawsuit against the former president. She sued Trump while he was still at the White House, claiming she was defamed when Trump said the journalist’s revelations in her memoir were lies, adding a piggish line about how “she's not my type.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-tr ... an-carroll
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

He is not sounding very good. Methinks he should take his memory test over.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

humblescribe wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:06 pm He is not sounding very good. Methinks he should take his memory test over.
"Top... Secret... classified... bedroom... brain!"
Hic sunt dracones
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:26 pm
humblescribe wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:06 pm He is not sounding very good. Methinks he should take his memory test over.
"Top... Secret... classified... bedroom... brain!"
last one should have been "shoes!!!"
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Donald Trump shares Truth Social photo proclaiming him as second only to Jesus

Joshua Zitser
Sat, September 24, 2022 at 11:13 AM·

Former President Donald Trump, left, speakING in North Carolina and an oil painting of Jesus, right, by Paris Bordone.Getty Images
Donald Trump shared a Truth Social post comparing him to Jesus Christ.

The post said the former president is "second greatest" only to Jesus.

Trump's supporters, and even Trump himself, have made similar comparisons before.

Former President Donald Trump shared a post on his Truth Social account on Friday, declaring him as "second" only to Jesus.

The post by Truth Social user @austinnegrete said: "Jesus is the Greatest. President @realDonaldTrump is the second greatest."

It accompanied an image of a painting of Jesus by artist Dan Wilson.

Trump "ReTruthed," or reposted, the Jesus comparison to his 4.1 million Truth Social followers.

It isn't the first time that the former president's supporters have compared him to Jesus.

In 2019, Georgia Rep. Barry Loudermilk claimed Jesus was treated more fairly before his crucifixion than Trump was treated throughout his first impeachment.

"When Jesus was falsely accused of treason, Pontius Pilate gave Jesus the opportunity to face his accusers," said Loudermilk during a debate on the House floor, per TIME magazine. "During that sham trial, Pontius Pilate afforded more rights to Jesus than the Democrats have afforded this President in this process."

In the same year, The Washington Post reported that white, conservative evangelicals who approved of Trump's performance as president promoted the idea that he was heaven-sent.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 12341.html
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Listening to another Meidas Touch podcast about this week's developments regarding the Mar-A-Lago top secret docs case, the Tish James led case in NY, and various other legal issues pertaining to the ongoing turmoils.

It's really good for an IANAL such as myself; lots of explaining and info presented clearly and with observations you don't see in MSM.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

When Jesus was falsely accused of treason, Pontius Pilate gave Jesus the opportunity to face his accusers," said Loudermilk during a debate on the House floor, per TIME magazine. "During that sham trial, Pontius Pilate afforded more rights to Jesus than the Democrats have afforded this President in this process."
If Pilate had been as fair to Jesus, he would have died of old age waiting for 16 cases to be heard in Rome by whatever the Roman Empire had compared to a court with 3 Disciples and 3 more long time fans on it.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Trump Said Gaining Secret 'Rich Friends' Made Presidency Worth It: Book
Though he apparently didn’t share more about his secret friends, he did say that he doesn’t stay in touch with Russian President Vladimir Putin or Chinese President Xi Jinping. He wavered when asked about North Korea’s Kim Jong-un, however.

“Well, I don’t want to say exactly, but …” he was quoted as saying while trailing off.
Somebody needs to tell him that North Korea prints almost as much counterfeit US Currency as the The Bureau of Engraving and Printing and he might want to use Kim's "gifts" for kindling.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

"insider" = Michael Cohen
Insider claims Trump's serious cognitive problems were revealed in Hannity interview

Bob Brigham
September 22, 2022

Former President Donald Trump appears to be suffering from cognitive impairment, a former top Trump Organization insider explained on CNN on Thursday evening.

On Wednesday evening, Trump told Fox News personality Sean Hannity he could declassify documents telepathically. Trump's claim was met with scorn and derision, described as "obscenely reckless," and disputed by GOP senators.

For analysis, CNN's Sara Sidner interviewed Michael Cohen.

"There's something very different about Donald Trump today than the Donald Trump I remember at the Trump Organization," Cohen said.

"I think cognitively there's something seriously going on. He's so worried about what's going on, not just in this case but in all of the cases, that I really do believe that cognitively there's something going on there because nobody, even Donald -- he's not stupid enough to believe that you can mentally declassify documents," Cohen explained.

"He knew what documents were there. I mean, there's nuclear documents and we don't even know which ones that they are, we don't know what country they relate to," Cohen said. "And I believe he took those documents and all of them in order to use against the United States in the event that he is indicted or potentially incarcerated. "It's a 'get out of jail free' card. "

"There's nothing that he won't do to protect himself because he doesn't care about anyone else other than himself," Cohen said. "In fact, he'll let his kids go down before him. He'll let them fall on the sword the same way he let me fall on the sword. That's who he is."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mental-cognitive/
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump has called several GOP donors who contributed money to Ron DeSantis asking them to stop boosting the Florida governor: report

John L. Dorman
Sun, September 25, 2022 at 5:52 PM

During his calls with donors, the ex-president said that DeSantis could be a potential 2024 rival.

Trump's endorsement of DeSantis' 2018 gubernatorial bid was a key moment in the governor's political rise.

Former President Donald Trump has asked several of his donors to refrain from boosting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis — who has emerged as one of the former president's most formidable potential rivals in a GOP presidential primary matchup — according to The Washington Post.

Trump was instrumental in shaping DeSantis' political rise in the Sunshine State, endorsing the little-known congressman in the 2018 gubernatorial primary over a more established rival, then-Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam.

With the MAGA movement behind DeSantis, he became unstoppable in the GOP primary that year, romping to an easy win over Putnam and narrowly winning the general election over Andrew Gillum, the onetime Democratic star.

But the former president, who established Florida as the center of his political operations after leaving the White House last year, now finds himself having to coexist with a longtime political ally who has the potential to eclipse him in the minds of many Republicans who may not be keen on a third Trump presidential campaign.

DeSantis is currently in the midst of a reelection campaign against Democratic gubernatorial nominee Charlie Crist, while also stumping for Republican candidates across the country — a sign of his growing influence within the party.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-called ... 09241.html
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump — who once endorsed DeSantis as his 'great friend' — slams the 'ungrateful' Florida governor, saying 'I made him,' report says
Trump — who once endorsed DeSantis as his 'great friend' — slams the 'ungrateful' Florida governor, saying 'I made him,' report says

Katherine Tangalakis-Lippert
Sun, September 25, 2022 at 2:56 AM

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis haven't spoken in months, The Washington Post reported.

Trump endorsed DeSantis during his 2018 gubernatorial campaign but hasn't campaigned for him this year.

Privately, Trump now slams DeSantis as "ungrateful," telling advisers: "I made him," WaPo reported.

Though former President Donald Trump vigorously campaigned in support of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2018, the one-time allies have grown distant amid rumors they will soon launch competing campaigns for the 2024 presidential election.

Sources familiar with the pair's interactions told The Washington Post the two haven't spoken in months, despite Trump once saying DeSantis would make a good Vice President if he changed up his ticket in 2024.

Privately, Trump now lambasts the man he once referred to as his "great friend," calling the Florida governor "ungrateful" for his earlier endorsement, The Washington Post reported.

"I made him," The Washington Post reported Trump told his aides while monitoring DeSantis' public appearances and polling numbers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-once-e ... 41477.html
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

C'mon Trump, tell the MAGATs to dump DeSantis. If he loses the Governor race, no way he can run against you!

:pray:

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Trump claims US would lose WW 3 under Biden.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ory=foryou

The Mango Mussolini actually believes that a nuclear war can be won? Make no mistake. If there ever is a WW 3, nuclear weapons WILL be used.

For once, Hollywood got it right when, in the Matthew Broderick movie "War Games", the secret military computer, WOPPER, determines that the only way to win is to not play.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Says the Stable Genius who knows more than his generals but never studied Sun Tzu. He would travel to Munich Helsinki to tell the Putin that he is a bad guy playing with the matches... :blackeye:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: "Russia has never had wealth like this before" -- Trump still seems to think that Putin is winning in Ukraine
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:45 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1574776879131021312
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: "Russia has never had wealth like this before" -- Trump still seems to think that Putin is winning in Ukraine
So much wealth that they can afford to buy Iranian drones rather than producing them locally... And so rich they can just leave a stash of metal junk in the Ukraine... But where are the supplies that this rich country can afford for their military?

:twisted:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”