Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
much ado

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by much ado »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:49 pm Depos should be interesting, if trump takes it that far.
I think CNN should insist that it go that far. Can CNN do that?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Damn paywall :evil:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:47 pm Plus, am I the only one who hopes that CNN's responce was one line: "Go [expletive deleted] yourself!"
I was hoping for something along the lines of "Do it if you think you're hard enough, Fat guy."
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

To be fair, it looks like he has eaten a lot more ketchup than he has thrown. I heard his ketchup arm has lost a little something in recent years.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
bob

Post by bob »

much ado wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:16 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:49 pm Depos should be interesting, if trump takes it that far.
I think CNN should insist that it go that far. Can CNN do that?
In theory: yes.

When a frivolous suit is filed, standard practice is for the defense to file a motion to dismiss.

CNN could just answer the complaint, deny the allegations, and proceed to discovery. The plaintiff, of course, could still voluntarily dismiss the complaint.

But this bluster will never see the inside of a courtroom.
Image ImageImage
June bug

Post by June bug »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:47 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:53 am
Trump’s attorney says CNN responded to their letter today that they will not retract what they said about him, so she will file a lawsuit “very shortly.” “CNN branded Trump as a liar, and referred to his questions on voter fraud as The Big Lie, which is linked to Adolph Hitler.”
Well if the shoe fits...

Plus, am I the only one who hopes that CNN's responce was one line: "Go [expletive deleted] yourself!"
Personally, I’d go for “NUTS!”
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:12 am How much did Biden bank off the gov on this. Oh, it's not his club? You mean oh, he didn't get paid to golf? Very unTrumpiam of him.
But he is way behind, he'll never catch up with how many rounds Trump played, although he has probably now played more holes he didn't cheat on,
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump trying to figure out what he’s supposed to do while ‘God Bless America’ is sung at the Saudi golf tournament.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Down the replies

https://twitter.com/EBHarrington/status ... 8477367296
Brooke Harrington
@EBHarrington
Replying to
@jenmercieca
Yes, but this could not have been Trump's decision: he had not been her next of kin for decades & had no right to decide her burial place.

Ivana's *actual* next of kin--her still-living mom & 3 kids--or the executor of her estate, had to agree to this. THAT's the shocker.
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:33 pm Down the replies

Brooke Harrington
@EBHarrington
Replying to
@jenmercieca
Yes, but this could not have been Trump's decision: he had not been her next of kin for decades & had no right to decide her burial place.

Ivana's *actual* next of kin--her still-living mom & 3 kids--or the executor of her estate, had to agree to this. THAT's the shocker.
Still weird as hell. He really put a lot of thought into the grave stone
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
much ado

Post by much ado »

I'm kinda trying... But I'm really not very shocked at all. :confuzzled:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Nope, not shocked. He only cares about how much money he can get from people... including his dead ex-wife.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Who’s that singer? He’s awful.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Lani wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:13 pm Nope, not shocked. He only cares about how much money he can get from people... including his dead ex-wife.
You wanna bet that at some point we will find out that he charges her estate a maintenance fee and rental of the plot?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Azastan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:43 am
Lani wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:13 pm Nope, not shocked. He only cares about how much money he can get from people... including his dead ex-wife.
You wanna bet that at some point we will find out that he charges her estate a maintenance fee and rental of the plot?
I read that he charged her estate a membership fee for the club, but that may be bullshit.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:21 pm https:// twitter.com/EBHarrington/status/1553533320469905409
Brooke Harrington@EBHarrington
·
As a tax researcher, I was skeptical of rumors Trump buried his ex-wife in that sad little plot of dirt on his Bedminster, NJ golf course just for tax breaks.

So I checked the NJ tax code & folks...it's a trifecta of tax avoidance. Property, income & sales tax, all eliminated.
2:09 AM · Jul 31, 2022

I don't think this tax stuff applies to much. The cemetary portion of the golf club has been split off a few years ago. Nobody will think there is any large tax losses from this area, small tax deduction for the golf club, no one of the T clan had been paying taxes directly. Or did the golf club claim they are now also undertakers?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:37 pm
Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:33 pm Down the replies

Brooke Harrington
@EBHarrington
Replying to
@jenmercieca

Still weird as hell. He really put a lot of thought into the grave stone
not really. It's about The Venality of Evil: https://news.yahoo.com/ivana-trump-buri ... 03337.html
The location of Ivana Trump's grave — near the first hole of the golf course at Trump National Golf Club — may have tax implications for the business owned by the former president.

Tax documents from the Trump Family Trust, published by ProPublica, show the trust sought to designate a property in Hackettstown, New Jersey, as a non-profit cemetery company, though the course itself is 20 miles away in Bedminster.

Ivana Trump, former President Donald Trump's ex-wife, is the first person known to have been buried at the Trump-owned golf course.

Under New Jersey state tax code, any land that is dedicated to cemetery purposes is exempt from all taxes, rates, and assessments. Cemetery companies are also specifically exempt from paying any real estate taxes, rates, and assessments or personal property taxes on their lands, as well as business taxes, sales taxes, income taxes, and inheritance taxes.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:55 am
Azastan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:43 am

I read that he charged her estate a membership fee for the club, but that may be bullshit.
I wouldn't doubt that a bit. Makes him money, and since his kids ultimately get all the bucks, they probably figure they will eventually get it all back.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Flatpoint High wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:13 am
not really. It's about The Venality of Evil: https://news.yahoo.com/ivana-trump-buri ... 03337.html
The location of Ivana Trump's grave — near the first hole of the golf course at Trump National Golf Club — may have tax implications for the business owned by the former president.

Tax documents from the Trump Family Trust, published by ProPublica, show the trust sought to designate a property in Hackettstown, New Jersey, as a non-profit cemetery company, though the course itself is 20 miles away in Bedminster.

Ivana Trump, former President Donald Trump's ex-wife, is the first person known to have been buried at the Trump-owned golf course.

Under New Jersey state tax code, any land that is dedicated to cemetery purposes is exempt from all taxes, rates, and assessments. Cemetery companies are also specifically exempt from paying any real estate taxes, rates, and assessments or personal property taxes on their lands, as well as business taxes, sales taxes, income taxes, and inheritance taxes.
There it is right there - she's the first one to be buried at this cemetary. He needed it so the land could be tax free. They can say it's a cemetary, but until someone is actually in a plot, it's just lawn. Now it's a cemetary. This was a favor to the Trump Org under the auspices of "for the children", for their legacy and inheritance.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:12 am There it is right there - she's the first one to be buried at this cemetary. He needed it so the land could be tax free. They can say it's a cemetary, but until someone is actually in a plot, it's just lawn. Now it's a cemetary. This was a favor to the Trump Org under the auspices of "for the children", for their legacy and inheritance.
Except it's as well maintained as your basic urban vacant lot. It'd be interesting to know how much was in her estate and who her executor is.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Now what was that name :think: :?: :o Osama bin Laden i believe, trust me :twisted:

Trump defends hosting LIV Golf event: "Nobody has gotten to the bottom of 9/11"

Herb Scribner
Jul 28, 2022

Former President Trump told ESPN Thursday that "nobody has gotten to the bottom of 9/11" after he was asked about 9/11 survivors and their families who are protesting a Saudi-backed LIV Golf event at one of his golf courses.

Driving the news: "Nobody has gotten to the bottom of 9/11 unfortunately, and they should have," Trump said, calling the people who carried out the terrorist attack "maniacs that did that horrible thing to our city, to our country, to the world."

Flashback: Last year, the FBI released a declassified document from 2016 related to its investigation, which showed Saudi hijackers allegedly received heavy support from Saudi government officials, Axios' Rebecca Falconer writes.

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/28/trump- ... golf-event
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Oh dear. Alternative facts!

(based in reality no less)

:faint:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”