trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Sam the Centipede

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Sam the Centipede »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:48 pm I bet the buyer has included the cost for totally refurbishing the place in his offer cause everything is T branded, from silverware to linen and bathroom stuff like wastebaskets.
There are plenty of Trumpanzees out there: what an opportunity to get a little extra folding money by setting up an online boutique shop offering acolytes the rate opportunity to purchase genuine Trump-branded memorabilia!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

To own a T pillow or to own MyPillow, now that's the question :biggrin:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:02 am To own a T pillow or to own MyPillow, now that's the question :biggrin:
Why not both? :biggrin:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder if I could convert a t-branded wastebasket into a camping toilet.

Naaaaaah, unless I got it for free, not worth the effort.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

‘Terrifying for American democracy’: is Trump planning for a 2024 coup?
At 1.35pm on 6 January, the top Republican in the US Senate, Mitch McConnell, stood before his party and delivered a dire warning.

If they overruled the will of 81 million voters by blocking Joe Biden’s certification as president in a bid to snatch re-election for the defeated candidate, Donald Trump, “it would damage our Republic forever”.

Five minutes before he started speaking, hundreds of Trump supporters incited by the then president’s false claim that the 2020 election had been stolen broke through Capitol police lines and were storming the building. McConnell’s next remark has been forgotten in the catastrophe that followed – the inner sanctums of America’s democracy defiled, five people dead, and 138 police officers injured.

He said: “If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral. We’d never see the whole nation accept an election again. Every four years would be a scramble for power at any cost.”

Eleven months on, McConnell’s words sound eerily portentous. What could be construed as an anti-democratic scramble for power at any cost is taking place right now in jurisdictions across the country.

Republican leaders loyal to Trump are vying to control election administrations in key states in ways that could drastically distort the outcome of the presidential race in 2024. With the former president hinting strongly that he may stand again, his followers are busily manoeuvring themselves into critical positions of control across the US – from which they could launch a far more sophisticated attempt at an electoral coup than Trump’s effort to hang on to power in 2020.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... epublicans
Lani

Post by Lani »

Yeah, that's what I think. Dangerous times.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Republicans Gain Heavy House Edge in 2022 as Gerrymandered Maps Emerge
On a highly distorted congressional map that is still taking shape, the party has added enough safe House districts to capture control of the chamber based on its redistricting edge alone.
WASHINGTON — A year before the polls open in the 2022 midterm elections, Republicans are already poised to flip at least five seats in the closely divided House thanks to redrawn district maps that are more distorted, more disjointed and more gerrymandered than any since the Voting Rights Act was passed in 1965.

The rapidly forming congressional map, a quarter of which has taken shape as districts are redrawn this year, represents an even more extreme warping of American political architecture, with state legislators in many places moving aggressively to cement their partisan dominance.

The flood of gerrymandering, carried out by both parties but predominantly by Republicans, is likely to leave the country ever more divided by further eroding competitive elections and making representatives more beholden to their party’s base.

At the same time, Republicans’ upper hand in the redistricting process, combined with plunging approval ratings for President Biden and the Democratic Party, provides the party with what could be a nearly insurmountable advantage in the 2022 midterm elections and the next decade of House races.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/15/us/p ... -maps.html
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

and I'm guessing there's not enough time for these to be challenged in court?

ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Isn’t this where Obama and Holder are to step in and say ‘Now wait just a minute here. We have a solution.”???

What happened to their redistributing project??🙄😶‍🌫️
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:09 pm YYYYeeeeaaaahhhhh. I'll wait till people read the fine print and find that Trump has overhyped the selling price again.
Its $375 million total, of which $33.93 is cash, $3500 is in 35 monthly installments and the rest is "intangible payments" which is the amount the buyer gets credit for if they say they paid $375 million.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:39 pm Doesn’t matter that he wasn’t in uniform. The DOD regulation draws a both a smudgy line and a fairly bright line: You can go to rallies in civilian clothes, but you cannot “participate” (whatever that means, presumably it’s more than merely attending, so, smudgy), and you definitely cannot “speak” (that’s pretty clear).

I’m of two minds about this (well, maybe a mind and a half). Military members should be permitted to attend partisan political rallies, and they shouldn’t be permitted to speak. But when a military member is put in the spot by a former president to come up and speak, should he be punished for that? Is the member supposed to embarrass the former president by declining?

Ordinarily I’d say no. Except that, and this is where he loses me, he either managed to let trump or his handlers know he was there, or he came by invitation. I mean, the likelihood that trump recognized him in the crowd is zero. So I wouldn’t be heartbroken if the Marines stomped on him a little for this.

Here’s the regulation. https://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Docu ... 34410p.pdf
No punishment.
The US Marine Corps decided not to punish a Marine who appeared on stage at a Trump rally
  • Donald Trump brought Lance Cpl. Hunter Clark on stage at a "Save America" rally on September 25.
  • Clark claimed to be "the guy that pulled the baby over the wall" at Kabul airport.
  • The Marine Corps opened an investigation after the rally, and concluded that he would not be punished.
https://www.businessinsider.com/us-mari ... ed-2021-11
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bob

Post by bob »

"Ignoring Orly Taitz is not among the crimes listed in 18 U.S.C. § 1962."*

The same could be said about the repeached Florida Man.

* For the newbs: Taitz once filed THE RICO! against Obama, and that was his (read: his attorneys') response in court. :kickface:
Image ImageImage
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

bed.dogs.fleas....
Donald Trump bashes 13 Republicans who backed infrastructure bill
By Juliegrace Brufke and Mark Lungariello
November 9, 2021 9:46pm Updated

Former President Donald Trump ripped 13 congressional Republicans who backed a $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill during a lengthy speech Monday – while one of them, New York Rep. Nicole Malliotakis, listened from the audience.

Malliotakis appeared visibly shaken as Trump railed against her and other Republican House members during the National Republican Congressional Committee dinner, a source told The Post.

The freshman congresswoman and a dozen other Republicans pushed the infrastructure bill to approval Friday in a 228-206 vote after some Democratic Party infighting that threatened to sink the plan. The Senate-approved bill had six Democrats voting no — meaning Republicans would’ve killed the measure if the caucus voted no in unison.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/09/trump-bas ... ture-bill/
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Personally, I think we should let roads and bridges and other key infrastructure continue to rot. Doesn't everyone?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Is Trump Life anything like Thug Life? Do I need to get a tattoo? Is there a gang initiation?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Chris Christie says Melania Trump called him every day when he was hospitalized with COVID-19, while Trump was trying to make sure he wouldn't blame him

Sinéad Baker
Wed, November 17, 2021, 10:19 AM

Christie said Donald and Melania Trump acted differently when he was hospitalized with COVID-19.

He said Melania called him every day to see how he was, and would also call his wife.

He said what Donald Trump "was most concerned about was that I wasn't gonna blame him."

Chris Christie said there was a big difference between how former President Donald Trump and the former first lady Melania Trump treated him when he was hospitalized with COVID-19 last October.

Christie told "The View" on Monday that Melania "called me every day that I was in the ICU, first thing in the morning, to see how I was doing. And then would call my wife after that to see if she needed anything."

He said that this was very different to how Trump reacted.

He said it was "a real contrast between the couple."

In his new book, an excerpt of which was published in The New York Times, Christie said Trump called to make sure he wouldn't be blamed for the infection. Trump was also in the hospital with COVID-19 at the time, Christie said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chris-christ ... 05894.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wonder if Melania called the former guy every day he was in the hospital with Covid?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So how much more time can he spend pretending he won before he starts srsly believing that he's still president. He's gonna go around issuing executive orders and peeing on park benches and stuff.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well, he is sending his envoy overseas.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:30 pm
Chris Christie says Melania Trump called him every day when he was hospitalized with COVID-19, while Trump was trying to make sure he wouldn't blame him
I don't really care. Does anybody?

ImageImageImage x4
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

3rd November report.

“Engine Found: Trump’s Boeing 757 Returns To The Skies After 2 Years”:
https://simpleflying.com/trump-boeing-757-flies-again/

“Former President Donald Trump’s personal Boeing 757 has taken to the skies again after five years on the ground. The aircraft took off from storage in Upstate New York on Monday, flying to Nashville for a brief stop before continuing to Chennault International near Lake Charles in Louisiana. It is believed to be undergoing maintenance work there before returning to service.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

or put up for sale?

ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

In case he needs to flee the country

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”