trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Suranis

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

I don't think a spat between 2 liars deserves a Reuters article.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Is it just me, or is that message even less coherent than usual for individual-1.

The first sentence "Karl Rove has been losing for years, except for himself" doesn't make any sense.

Well, now that Trump has been inaugurated again, as the 19th legitimate president, will he get his twitter account back?

Oh, wait...
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

What will Fox do? I'm guessing they blow the former prez/still shitgibbon off. Also, will Rove do a 180 like McCarthy and McConnell?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fox will do precisely nothing. There's no advantage to capitulating to Captain Crying, and actively telling him to fuck off might antagonize their viewers right now. So, ignoring the Great Loserini is the best option.
Hic sunt dracones
Wanderinglord

Post by Wanderinglord »

Covid is no joke. One former patient was so brain damaged afterwards he thought he won an election that he lost by 8 million votes.
Knowledge is power, power corrupts. Study hard be evil.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Wanderinglord wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:51 pm Covid is no joke. One former patient was so brain damaged afterwards he thought he won an election that he lost by 8 million votes.
If this is the case I'm thinking of, brain damage caused the Covid.
Largo al factotum.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Ha! How dare they cut in on his grift?
Image Image Image Image
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:43 am Ha! How dare they cut in on his grift?
Is this for real? I find it hard to believe that Trump would want anyone to stop saying his name. I think his biggest fear is that people WILL stop talking about him. Maybe we should treat him like Voldemort, and call him "He who shall not be named".

Besides, if it is for real, can someone who is clearly a public figure do this? As despicable as he is, he is still newsworthy.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:57 am Is this for real? I find it hard to believe that Trump would want anyone to stop saying his name. I think his biggest fear is that people WILL stop talking about him. Maybe we should treat him like Voldemort, and call him "He who shall not be named".

Besides, if it is for real, can someone who is clearly a public figure do this? As despicable as he is, he is still newsworthy.
They're using his name for fund raising, so he sees it as a licensing thing, just like those who put his name on their buildings. He want's his cut...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Seems real.

Trump sends legal notice to GOP to stop using his name

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... ame-492021
We reported yesterday that Trump was furious that his name has been bandied about by organizations that help Republicans who voted to impeach him — without his permission. Trump, who made his fortune in licensing, has always been sensitive to how his name has been used to fundraise and support members, even while in office.

On Friday, the RNC sent out two emails asking supporters to donate as a way to add their name to a “thank you” card for Trump. “President Trump will ALWAYS stand up for the American People, and I just thought of the perfect way for you to show that you support him!” the email states. “As one of President Trump’s MOST LOYAL supporters, I think that YOU, deserve the great honor of adding your name to the Official Trump ‘Thank You’ Card.” A follow-up email was sent hours later to “President Trump’s TOP supporters” warning of a deadline of 10 hours to get their names on the card.

None of the committees returned a request for comment. But privately GOP campaign types say it’s impossible not to use Trump’s name, as his policies are so popular with the base. If Trump really wants to help flip Congress, they argue he should be more generous. His team, however, sees this differently.

“President Trump remains committed to the Republican Party and electing America First conservatives, but that doesn’t give anyone - friend or foe - permission to use his likeness without explicit approval,” said a Trump adviser.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:00 am
noblepa wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:57 am Is this for real? I find it hard to believe that Trump would want anyone to stop saying his name. I think his biggest fear is that people WILL stop talking about him. Maybe we should treat him like Voldemort, and call him "He who shall not be named".

They're using his name for fund raising, so he sees it as a licensing thing, just like those who put his name on their buildings. He want's his cut...
Even so, it seems to me that things are a little different for him, now that he is a former president and someone who wants to remain as head of the Republican party.

Can he prevent the party from saying "Help us continue President Trump's legacy and continue to Make America Great Again". I don't think he can, but then, IANAL.

It was one thing when he was merely citizen Donald Trump, real estate developer. He chose to insert himself into the political arena.

Its probably all about the grift. I'm betting that, as the 2022 midterm elections draw near, he actually demands payment for his endorsement of candidates. Is there any law against that? A celebrity is perfectly free to ask a manufacturer for a fee to hawk their products. As long as he doesn't declare himself a presidential candidate, is he covered by election laws?

What do you think? A million bucks to endorse a Senatorial candidate?
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:02 am Seems real.

Trump sends legal notice to GOP to stop using his name

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/pl ... ame-492021
We reported yesterday that Trump was furious that his name has been bandied about by organizations that help Republicans who voted to impeach him — without his permission. Trump, who made his fortune in licensing, has always been sensitive to how his name has been used to fundraise and support members, even while in office.
“President Trump remains committed to the Republican Party and electing America First conservatives, but that doesn’t give anyone - friend or foe - permission to use his likeness without explicit approval,” said a Trump adviser.
Has he thought this through? The more of a liability he becomes for the QOP the more some of the saner ones will decide that the cost-benefit analysis leads to cutting him loose.

Although it doesn't keep me from worrying about him completely, I keep reminding myself of the incompetence of the former guy and the people he chooses to surround him. I once read that it doesn't matter if you are the smartest person in the room, as long as the smartest person is working for you. The former guy is so intimidated by competency and intelligence that he can't stand to see them in the people around him.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

How is he going to feel when the GOP starts saying "Lets continue the Former President's Legacy!" Or "former Administration." More reminders that he is the FORMER president and is therefore worth only the respect he generated, IE Jack Shit
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

So... the Trump "branding" isn't working so well. Much like with his clubs and hotels? He thinks he can salvage this? 8-)
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Wanderinglord wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:51 pm Covid is no joke. One former patient was so brain damaged afterwards he thought he won an election that he lost by 8 million votes.
:D
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I'm going to borrow that. :D
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:25 am How is he going to feel when the GOP starts saying "Lets continue the Former President's Legacy!" Or "former Administration." More reminders that he is the FORMER president and is therefore worth only the respect he generated, IE Jack Shit
And Jack left town....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Unrelated, I found this photo jaw dropping. Is this what he looks like? Or was this a Hitchcock film? Birds II?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He looks ancient, but not so orange.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
tek

Post by tek »

Vanky looks like she's in a brochure for a '61 Oldsmobile.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just looking at Ivanka in those glasses and got a vision of an alien being using those glasses to hide huge insect eyes of the sames size and shape. :shock:
Wintermute
Verified:

Post by Wintermute »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:55 pm
:D
I have stolen this. It is perfect.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:43 am Ha! How dare they cut in on his grift?
Came here today on a break from work just to see if someone would have posted this one by now. Y'all do not disappoint, ever. :D
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... hael-cohen
Donald Trump could arrive in New York City for his first visit since leaving the White House as soon as Sunday night, according to multiple reports.
'Talk to me': Molly Jong-Fast on podcasting in the new abnormal
Read more

The former president was born in Queens and rose to fame in Manhattan but changed his primary residence to Florida in 2019 and has been at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach since leaving Washington on 20 January.

After reports of a New York visit proliferated on Saturday, local station WABC-TV reported that police were preparing to increase security around Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in midtown Manhattan. The New York police department did not comment.

Trump’s New York home was the subject of protests and a heavy police presence from the start of his run for the White House in summer 2015 through to the end of his term in office in the acrid aftermath of the 6 January Capitol attack.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:13 pm https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... hael-cohen
Donald Trump could arrive in New York City for his first visit since leaving the White House as soon as Sunday night, according to multiple reports.
'Talk to me': Molly Jong-Fast on podcasting in the new abnormal
Read more

The former president was born in Queens and rose to fame in Manhattan but changed his primary residence to Florida in 2019 and has been at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach since leaving Washington on 20 January.

After reports of a New York visit proliferated on Saturday, local station WABC-TV reported that police were preparing to increase security around Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in midtown Manhattan. The New York police department did not comment.

Trump’s New York home was the subject of protests and a heavy police presence from the start of his run for the White House in summer 2015 through to the end of his term in office in the acrid aftermath of the 6 January Capitol attack.
Maybe the NYPD response will be on par with the LEO response at the capitol.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”