Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
filly

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by filly »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:36 pm I don't see a link on CNN's website yet, but they're reporting on air that the Georgia DA asks for a special grand jury in their investigation of Trump. Seems this kind of special GJ has more powers to subpoena and whatever else they need to do.

:shark2:
A retired DA contiguous to Fulton County explained in Maddow that the special grand jury does not have the power to indict but acts more like a focus group in the DA’s evidence.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ryan Goodman
@rgoodlaw
·
40m
With news that Georgia "Fulton DA requests special grand jury for Trump probe" on election law crimes.
https://ajc.com/news/atlanta-news/break ... BK2Q7L3FY/

Good time to revisit the DA's first public discussion of the matter Feb 11, 2021 with
@maddow

Looks like President Trump should be worried, indeed.
Quote Tweet
Ryan Goodman
@rgoodlaw
· Feb 11, 2021
If I were Donald Trump listening to the Georgia Fulton County prosecutor’s interview with @maddow, I’d be very, very, very worried.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/20/politics ... index.html
(CNN)A district attorney in Georgia investigating former President Donald Trump's effort to overturn election results in the state is requesting a special grand jury in an effort to gather information relevant to the probe, according to a letter sent to the court.

This story is breaking and will be updated.
Edit: I still can't find anything on Fox website mentioning the breaking Trump bad news for the last couple of days. Perhaps it's just :oldlady: can't find it.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:02 pm
Edit: I still can't find anything on Fox website mentioning the breaking Trump bad news for the last couple of days. Perhaps it's just :oldlady: can't find it.
I almost fell out of my seat when I thought I heard them discussing it this morning, but then I quickly realized that I had flipped from FoxNews to MSNBC during a commercial. :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:16 pm
I almost fell out of my seat when I thought I heard them discussing it this morning, but then I quickly realized that I had flipped from FoxNews to MSNBC during a commercial. :lol:
LOL. I still haven't seen anything on air, but I only watch so much of their clap trap. I am still SMDH over a complaint yesterday on Fox as they carried on about the visitor log jam at the Biden WH and *gosh knows* who is getting in without being on the log (paraphrasing).
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:40 pm :snippity:

Who needs pastiche?

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord

Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am

Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies
:thumbsup: :rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:36 pm
p0rtia wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:40 pm :snippity:

Who needs pastiche?

I would not lend a hand

:thumbsup: :rotflmao:
Forgot to mention Phil Collins's name. Did I need to? :P
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

No need to mention Phil Collins, I read the first four wordss and then I was already singing it in the right tune. :lol:

Excellent job on that one.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RVInit wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:19 pm No need to mention Phil Collins, I read the first four wordss and then I was already singing it in the right tune. :lol:
:clap:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

RVInit wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:19 pm No need to mention Phil Collins, I read the first four wordss and then I was already singing it in the right tune. :lol:

I didn't change a word. :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Anyone else wonder what the mood is at Mar-A-Lago after the last two days? :snippity: :explode:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

They will be arranging for multiple rounds of applause for him to calm him down.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It's days like this that I miss him on Twitter. My, what a tantrum and :shit: show he'd be throwing today for all the world to see.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:40 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:36 pm I don't see a link on CNN's website yet, but they're reporting on air that the Georgia DA asks for a special grand jury in their investigation of Trump. Seems this kind of special GJ has more powers to subpoena and whatever else they need to do.

:shark2:
Who needs pastiche?

I would not lend a hand

:rimshot:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I can name that tune in 2 words. :lol: I forgot all about that particular game show until just now. I don't think I ever watched it, but I bet I probably channel surfed and saw it a time or two.
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:45 pm
LOL. I still haven't seen anything on air, but I only watch so much of their clap trap. I am still SMDH over a complaint yesterday on Fox as they carried on about the visitor log jam at the Biden WH and *gosh knows* who is getting in without being on the log (paraphrasing).
Wasn't that a common practice in the Trump WH? Or was it just that they refused to release the visitor logs to the public?
Lani

Post by Lani »

:boxing: Great choice! I had to look up the music video of the song. It's hidden in case someone doesn't want to listen to it.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Did you airdrum, too? Because I airdrum. :rimshot:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:13 pm Anyone else wonder what the mood is at Mar-A-Lago after the last two days? :snippity: :explode:
Mood Wheel.jpg
Mood Wheel.jpg (62.72 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:15 pm
Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:45 pm

Wasn't that a common practice in the Trump WH? Or was it just that they refused to release the visitor logs to the public?
Can't recall which was the case, but I'm sure Fox didn't bring it up.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump claims "windmills" are ruining "the atmosphere"
:crazy:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 pm https:// twitter.com/atrupar/status/1484358210089734145
Which Soros operative set up the hidden windmill at Merde-de-Lago?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:14 pm
Well I dunno about 'ruining it', but windmills DO take energy out of the atmosphere.

Maybe if we build enough of them we can reverse climate change?

Nah, the energy has to GO somewhere other than the earth subsystem. The excess heat energy that is building up is because heat that used to be radiated back into space is no longer doing that.

So at least windmills are making lemonade out of lemons. But we just got too many lemons.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
People close to former President Donald Trump believe he's "fallen prey to inexperienced lawyers," Axios reports, after hiring a lawyer who served as general counsel to a parking garage company to represent him in his legal battle with New York Attorney General Letitia James.

"He has some lawyers that are very sophisticated with years of experience litigating," one person close to Trump told Axios, and he's now turning to "inexperienced lawyers who are just telling him what he wants to hear."

The attorney in question is Alina Habba, 37, whose office is based near Trump's golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey. A person familiar with the club's membership told Axios Habba is a frequent visitor, and that's how she got to know Trump. His decision to hire Habba is "disconcerting to everyone around him who actually care about him," one friend said to Axios, but Trump's son, Eric, defended the attorney, calling her "incredibly competent."

In her own statement to Axios, Habba said if someone believes Trump "has fallen prey and is being victimized by someone such as myself, then you do not understand Donald Trump, the Trump Organization, or his family very well."
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Uh, is that what passes for great praise in Trumplandia? Not only is she "competent," she's "incredibly competent!"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”