trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Phoenix520
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Phoenix520 »

Dear god just go away.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Original
"What if there was a war, but nobody came?"

Transliteration
"What if there was a rally, but nobody came?"
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

:daydreaming:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:50 pm Original
"What if there was a war, but nobody came?"

Transliteration
"What if there was a rally, but nobody came?"
We'll always have Tulsa.
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

Key Evangelical Figures Turn On Trump: 'He Used Us'
One ripped the ex-president for acting "like a little elementary schoolchild." Another warned that if the GOP turns to him in 2024, "we will get destroyed.”

Ed Mazza
Nov 18, 2022, 04:21 AM EST|Updated Nov 18, 2022

Evangelical figures who previously supported Donald Trump are backing off now that he’s announced his third bid for the presidency.

“Donald Trump can’t save America,” Mike Evans told The Washington Post. “He can’t even save himself.”

Evans was part of a group of evangelicals who met with Trump at the White House, and at one point gave him an award.

Now, he says he’s done with Trump.

“He used us to win the White House. We had to close our mouths and eyes when he said things that horrified us,” Evans told the newspaper. “I cannot do that anymore.”

Robert Jeffress, one of Trump’s evangelical advisers during the 2016 campaign and a longtime supporter, said he’s not ready to endorse him again.

“The Republican Party is headed toward a civil war that I have no desire or need to be part of,” Jeffress told Newsweek, adding that he would “happily” support Trump again if he wins the nomination.

That’s not a given, considering Trump’s plunging poll numbers among Republican voters. Jeffress also seemed to subtweet Trump on the day of his 2024 announcement by urging people to buy Mike Pence’s book:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-t ... 13a8b525cf
June bug

trump (the former guy)

Post by June bug »

The Evangelicals got the SCOTUS they wanted, so they don’t need him anymore.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

June bug wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:42 pm The Evangelicals got the SCOTUS they wanted, so they don’t need him anymore.
:yeahthat:

To be fair....they used each other....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

trump (the former guy)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

June bug wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:42 pm The Evangelicals got the SCOTUS they wanted, so they don’t need him anymore.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gregg »

Isn't it funny how many stories you see about people dumping Trump off the cliff?

Evangelicals, Bill Barr, The National Review, the only ones really left are the Klown Kar Kaucus in the House, Lindsey Graham and a long list of people he endorsed who lost in the midterms.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gupwalla

trump (the former guy)

Post by Gupwalla »

Evans was part of a group of evangelicals who met with Trump at the White House, and at one point gave him an award.

“He used us to win the White House. We had to close our mouths and eyes when he said things that horrified us,” Evans told the newspaper. “I cannot do that anymore.”
No. You had free will. You made the choice.

You decided to gain the whole world, and at what profit…
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Gupwalla wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:43 pm

Yeah, and it's not like he hasn't said horrifying things his entire life. Quelle surprise.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

If only there were some example, written down in a book somewhere, that they could use to illuminate this choice and how wrong it was and teach them a proper example. If only.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Volkonski »

2024 Republican rivals put Trump on notice
At a GOP conference in Las Vegas, a parade of 2024 hopefuls made clear they're forging ahead after Trump's campaign announcement.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/2 ... n-00069636
At this weekend’s Republican Jewish Coalition conference, a parade of ambitious Republicans hit all the notes that politicians eyeing future campaigns for the White House typically do. Their tones and messages varied — few called out Trump by name — but collectively they made clear they are not going to back down to the former president after a third consecutive poor election with him at the helm.

Mike Pompeo, Trump’s hand-picked secretary of State and CIA director, warned that for Republicans to win elections, they can’t simply “go on Fox News or send tweets.” Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who ran Trump’s transition, said Republicans were losing because “Donald Trump has put himself before everybody else.”

Nikki Haley, Trump’s U.N. ambassador who said last year she wouldn’t run if her former boss did, has apparently changed her mind. She used her Saturday evening speech here to say she was looking at running in a “serious way,” and to call for “a younger generation to lead across the board.”

The speeches by the 2024 hopefuls at The Venetian Resort here displayed how little deference Trump is receiving in the wake of his campaign announcement last week. Increasingly, they see him as beatable. And his launch two years out from the next election — with a special counsel now hovering over him — has created a big and lasting target for the roster of alternatives.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

Pompeo? Haley? The field is looking deplorable.
tek

trump (the former guy)

Post by tek »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:40 pm Pompeo? Haley? The field is looking deplorable.
But they are apparently sending their best
Slim Cognito
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

I honestly can't think of any non-deplorable R who would run, trump or not. Well, maybe the soon-to-be former governor of Maryland but I don't think he's a consideration, is he?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
tek

trump (the former guy)

Post by tek »

Hogan really really REAAAALLY wants to run, but he knows what a shitshow it will be.
AndyinPA
Verified:

trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

He has zero appeal for the MAGATS.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

One of the reasons TFG won the primaries was because, in his twisted way, he was the only one that was talking about America's problems and that fact people were suffering. Ever single other person on stage was yelling "I HATE HiLLARY MORE!!" but he was saying "I'm gonna solve all your problems because I'M FANTASTIC!"

If someone ran with a Problem solving sentiment and didn't do the "I HATE BRANDON MORE!! Brandon! Watch the libs cry! Brandon Brandon Brandon!!" crap that everyone will be doing, they might do well, against the conventional wisdom of the beltway.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

trump (the former guy)

Post by Ben-Prime »

Part of me thinks it's v. sad that the GOP has effectively lost its non-MAGA talents for a generation because I can see a bunch of middle-years, experienced, back-bench-looking-to-promote-up talent thinking "Not worth it right now" but then by the time the field clears of the pollution being completely eclipsed by the next generation 12-15 years younger than them.

Part of me just says "Well, you guys basically did this to yourselves, so ... enh."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260

trump (the former guy)

Post by RTH10260 »

The day before announcing his run for impotus
Saudi Arabia's Dar Al Arkan signs deal with Trump family for Oman project

By Hadeel Al Sayegh
November 20, 20228:53 AM GMT+1Last Updated a day ago

DUBAI, Nov 20 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabian real estate developer Dar Al Arkan said it signed an agreement with former U.S. President Donald Trump's company to use the Trump Brand for its $4 billion project in the Gulf state of Oman that includes a golf course, hotel and villas.

The regulatory statement issued on Sunday did not disclose the financial terms of the agreement with the Trump Organization, which manages hotels, golf courses and other real estate around the world.

The Aida project, a joint venture with Oman Tourism Development Company, will include Trump residential villas, a hotel and a golf course built near Muscat and would take over a decade to complete, the Dar Al Arkan filing said.

Trump had handed control of the business to his sons while in office.

He enjoyed close ties with Gulf states during his tenure as president, including Saudi Arabia which has invested $2 billion with a firm of Jared Kushner, Trump's son-in-law and former aide, incorporated after Trump left office.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/deals/s ... 022-11-20/
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

starting to feel like tfg and his crew (jared in particular) are just Saudi puppets

but then Biden is kissing their ass as well, although I suppose we all know why that is
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:15 am

Yeah, and it's not like he hasn't said horrifying things his entire life. Quelle surprise.
And its not like he hasn't used people and thrown them away, for his entire life. That has been obvious for a long, long time.

People who call themselves Christians, in my mind, should have a set of principles and distinguish right from wrong. They should always do right, even when it may not be in their own best political or financial interests. The evangelicals did just the opposite. They knowingly got in bed with evil because they thought they could get something out of the deal.

Now, they are surprised that evil no longer has use for them.
neeneko

trump (the former guy)

Post by neeneko »

noblepa wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:41 pm Now, they are surprised that evil no longer has use for them.
I do not think they are surprised, they are simply done with him. They do not consider him evil, just more of a liability then they expected.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”