Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by bob »

That Newsweek article has some interesting nuggets.

There's a federal grand jury hearing evidence whether he violated the records act.

Garland is aware of the proceedings, but not actively involved. Wray made the call to execute the search, and when.

Local (nb. not state) law enforcement helped with the overall operation, but it didn't know a search warrant was being executed.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:41 pm So, bets on who the MAL mole is?
Mark Meadows is who everyone is naming. But I don't know if there's evidence to support that supposition.

But he obviously has a motive: back the bus up before the bus backs up on you.
Image ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The Newsweek article is very good when it came to facts, but had an obvious spin.
FBI decision-makers in Washington and Miami thought that denying the former president a photo opportunity or a platform from which to grandstand (or to attempt to thwart the raid) would lower the profile of the event, says one of the sources, a senior Justice Department official who is a 30-year veteran of the FBI.

The effort to keep the raid low-key failed: instead, it prompted a furious response from GOP leaders and Trump supporters. "What a spectacular backfire," says the Justice official.

"I know that there is much speculation out there that this is political persecution, but it is really the best and the worst of the bureaucracy in action," the official says. "They wanted to punctuate the fact that this was a routine law enforcement action, stripped of any political overtones, and yet [they] got exactly the opposite."
That "senior Justice Department official" is blatantly lying if he's saying that a firestorm was not predicted. Everyone could predict that! The key was having the actual operation kept out of the news as it was happening. The FBI succeeded spectacularly in that.

Further in the article Newsweek states: "Even Trump's political rivals have rallied in condemning the FBI." And who are those political rivals that Newsweek quotes? Mike Pence and Mike Pompeo.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:41 pm So, bets on who the MAL mole is? They knew what they were looking for and they knew which three rooms to search. If they walked out with about a dozen boxes, it sounds like they found it. Who would trump share that information with? I'd assumed his Secret Service buds were all kissing his hiney, so was he showing it off to someone else, someone who grew a conscience?
Baron
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That would be so cool!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Trump is the ultimate braggart. He has to show off to everyone. He's the richest! All of these sports figures, political figures, etc. are singing his praises! He has the best... whatever. So of course he would brag to politicians - both American and international - that he had the bestest confidential documents from his days in office here at MAL. And of course he would prove that by showing them the actual documents. Wouldn't it be funny if the documents in his safe included a true transcript of his call with Zelenskyy? After all, Trump was so proud of that phone call.
bob

Post by bob »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:03 pm The Newsweek article is very good when it came to facts, but had an obvious spin.
Yeah: Contemporary Newsweek isn't Classic Newsweek.*

So I took grains of salt with respect to the facts asserted, and ignored the (rather wesksauce) spin.

* One may recall two years ago that Newsweek published Eastman's birther rant against Harris, and then non-apologized by blaming its critics for calling them all racist birthers.
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

keith wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:14 pm
tek wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:11 pm
It seems like this was authorized by a local judge and a particular FBI office without buy-in or notification of higher levels of government.
Why would Andrew Yang know anything at all about this?
Yeah. Yang struck me as smart but rather silly. Silly can be overcome with a bit of effort, but I'm afraid he's lost me now. This is beyond silly, it's bald face pandering, bordering on goveling.

Is he in trainng for a Senate run somewhere in 24?
He's trying to establish Forward's 'A Pox On Both Your Houses' cred.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I doubt there is just one Rat, honestly.

Hell it might not even be a guy on the premises. FATUS brags to multiple friends every night on the phone and any one of them could have speed dialed the FB and said "you are not going to believe what that idiot told me was in the safe. You better go in tonight and grab it."
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: Those Lincoln Project ads get him every time. Loved when they bought the DC Fox TV market so he couldn't miss them.

𝐁𝐞𝐤𝐬 @antifaoperative 1h
Hillary testified for eleven hours and never plead the fifth.
Rep. Eric Swalwell @RepSwalwell 3h
As Donald Trump was pleading the Fifth like a two-bit mobster, Biden signed a bill to help Vets exposed to toxic burn pits. Your choice: lawbreaker or lawmaker.
Joyce.JPG
Joyce.JPG (75.46 KiB) Viewed 754 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can see Jared doing it. Not so much Ivanka and certainly not Beavis and Butthead. As for the others who are talking to J6, I don't think they're privy to much, at least not enough to tell the feds where to look.

(I was wondering about McCarthy. He bends the knee because he has to, but you know he'd love to see DeSantis dethrone the bastard.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

Thanks for that Kendra!!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d love to find out it was Melania, but i won’t hold my breath.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:03 pm That "senior Justice Department official" is blatantly lying if he's saying that a firestorm was not predicted. Everyone could predict that! The key was having the actual operation kept out of the news as it was happening. The FBI succeeded spectacularly in that.
Yeah, that has to be some major spin. There was always going to be screaming and Trump would be behind it, if only so he could fundraise off of it. The operation plan was to keep Trump out of their way and from calling in protestors and insurrectionists/tourists during the raid.
101010 :towel:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

It was the butler. It's always the butler. Or maybe the maid, in this case.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Yesterday CNN showed a timeline a couple of times. That timeline indicated the following:

Feb 2022 - 15 boxes of documents picked up by the National Archives
April-May 2022 - "aides" of Trump at Mar-a-Lago interviewed
June 2022 - 4 DOJ representatives met with 2 Trump attorneys

I'm guessing the "aides" that were interviewed probably spilled some beans, which resulted in the 4 members of DOJ meeting with Trump attorneys and ultimately unsuccessful in getting them to do anything other than show them where additional documents were kept. 5 days later they asked Trump to put a padlock on the basement door because apparently that is where material, including classified materials, were found. In the basement. Unlocked. A basement of a business that has employees. And many suspicious foreign nationals who all the sudden have an interest in golf clubs. Or, just this one specific golf club.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
tek

Post by tek »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:19 am What I wondered about was searching a property that has a private residence as well as guest rooms, food service operation, etc.

What if one of the members is a hostile agent and tfg was helpfully giving them access? That would be something.
Unfortunately, that would not be surprising at all.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I was hoping CNN would upload a video clip of the Strzok interview from yesterday. That is the one where he said that Hillary was served multiple search warrants during the investigation of her servers. His interview was the basis of my statement that actually Bill Clinton is the first ex-president that has had search warrants executed on his private residence. That is assuming of course that Hillary and Bill were both living in that residence where they had the server, but I'm pretty sure that is the case or wouldn't have said it. It would be nice to have that video clip documented here.

If anyone else finds it anywhere, if you feel like it, can you post it? I will keep an eye out for it myself.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

A basement in Florida? That is pretty ritzy.
bob

Post by bob »

Sleepy Rondeau wakes up: P&E: Trump Comments Further on Raid (but there's no P&E article about the original comments :confuzzled: ):
Early Wednesday morning, 45th President Donald J. Trump confirmed on his TruthSocial platform that no civilians, including his attorneys, were permitted to “be anywhere near the areas that were rummaged and otherwise looked at during the raid on Mar-a-Lago” on Monday morning by the FBI under the authority of the U.S. Department of Justice.
REAL LAW ENFORCEMENT ACTING TYPICAL!!! :faint:
The Justice Department has not commented on the reasons for the raid, and neither the Trump camp nor the DOJ has unsealed the warrant. The federal magistrate who approved it, Judge Bruce Reinhart, is a two-time Obama donor and former defense lawyer for several former employees of the late Jeffrey Epstein, multiple sources reported, citing a 2018 article from The Miami Herald.

The Herald did not allow The Post & Email access to its article even after we disabled our ad-blocker for the site.
Even the Miami Herald is on it!
In March, Trump filed suit in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida against more than two dozen plaintiffs, among them “Hillary R. Clinton”; the law firm Perkins Coie; current national security adviser and former aide to Clinton Jake Sullivan; “Steele Dossier” compiler Christopher Steele, whose work product was largely discredited after years of investigation showed no evidence of the 2016 Trump campaign having “colluded” with Russia; former FBI employees Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Andrew McCabe and Kevin Clinesmith; former FBI Director James Comey; the United States of America and former Assistant Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Approximately three months after its filing, Reinhart recused himself from the case.
Reinhart was a-scared of THE RICO!!! :smoking:

(I can't be bothered to look, but my WAG is Reinhart likely had a personal relationship with a least one of the gazillion lawyers in that case.)
The New England states currently have no Republican members in Congress.
Hoooookay. :think:

"Bonus": P&E: Trump Invokes Fifth Amendment in Deposition Wednesday Morning. :yawn:
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Judicial Watch(!) (and others) is on the case!:
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Heads must roll in the P&E's IT staff! Scoop Rondeau can't be expected to do her reporting AND unlock the most difficult technological secrets of our age. She must be in a meeting with the union bosses tearing them a new one over this incompetence, following her call with Tom Fitton to have Judicial Watch SUE the Miami Herald over this outrage.

Meanwhile, this is going to be a busy docket:
7 Aug 10, 2022 PAPERLESS ORDER taking under advisement 6 Motion to Unseal Document (Times Union). On or before 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on August 15, 2022, the Government shall file a Response to the Motion to Unseal. The response may be filed ex parte and under seal as necessary to avoid disclosing matters already under seal. In that event, the Government shall file a redacted Response in the public record. If it chooses, the Government may file a consolidated Response to all Motions to Seal. Signed by Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart (BER). Signed by Magistrate Judge Bruce E. Reinhart (BER) (Entered: 08/10/2022)
Docket is here: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/64 ... h-warrant/

And... :thumbsup:
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 58m

New Poll by YouGov and The Economist:

T**** rated highest as worst president with 46%
President Obama rated highest as the best president 🇺🇸

Quote Tweet
PoliticsVideoChannel @politvidchannel 5h

BREAKING: President Trump was named the worst President in U.S history in new poll

President Obama was named the best in U.S history

George Conway: :lol:

George Conway🌻 @gtconway3d 4h

First president to be impeached twice.

First president to attempt a coup d'état.

First president to have his home searched by the FBI.

First president to take the Fifth.

It's just so impressive.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:33 pm I was hoping CNN would upload a video clip of the Strzok interview from yesterday. That is the one where he said that Hillary was served multiple search warrants during the investigation of her servers. His interview was the basis of my statement that actually Bill Clinton is the first ex-president that has had search warrants executed on his private residence. That is assuming of course that Hillary and Bill were both living in that residence where they had the server, but I'm pretty sure that is the case or wouldn't have said it. It would be nice to have that video clip documented here.

If anyone else finds it anywhere, if you feel like it, can you post it? I will keep an eye out for it myself.
I haven't found the video but here's the audio clip of the panel
https://www.cnn.com/audio/podcasts/cnn- ... ed00a6ee73
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke

Post by Luke »

Here it is in spoiler, The Post & Email's fractally wrong (and seemingly not allowed to post on the internet by himself, maybe his Mommy?) Joke DeMaio taking down the Democratic Party, "Perkins Coie cockroach" Marc Elias (Scoop Rondeau even posted a photo of a cockroach in case readers weren't sure that that was) & all his other targets. DeMaio has been screaming for two years about his "can't miss" idea to get enough Democrats to switch to the GOP to give Republicans control of the chambers. For some strange reason, it didn't happen and Joke is still furious.

Count the errors!
The Democrat 45 Pogrom
"NOT SO FAST, MARC"
22 hours ago by Joseph DeMaio
► Show Spoiler
Frustrated that Scoop Rondeau has seemed to have forgotten her "Patented Rondeau Pivot" (h/t Bob), brain trust member James Carter picks up the mantle in his comment on the FBI raid with shiny new analysis:
Bob68 says: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 12:04 PM
“Late Tuesday evening, Sirius XM host opined on her show that “there is no way that’s what they were searching for…This is about January 6, and the never-ending desire to get Donald Trump on something…”

A real investigation into “Who is Barack Hussein Obama” would quickly unravel the “mystery” of why do both political parties fear Trump and want him never to be president again. Unfortunately, all complicit in The Obama Fraud know this and will never allow it to happen. To the many complicit in The Obama Fraud and it’s never ending cover-up watching America die is acceptable as long as they remain untouched for their part in enabling and covering for The Obama Fraud……
Something simple and easy to understand has been made to to seem so complicated that all involved will die of old age before the truth is allowed to take it’s first breath………………
Obama wins again! The GOP is complicit still! And only the tiny Republic of Birfestan knows the truth. But as James says, they'll be at that Registrar in the sky before anything happens. Must be soooo frustrating.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”