Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Suranis

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:13 pm
It’s been over a week since former President Donald Trump pledged that he would be filing a lawsuit against CNN.

Yet, instead of court documents being filed, Trump appears to be more preoccupied with begging followers to send in money to “support” the so far non-existent legal action.
Heh. Ya, I grinned when I saw that his lawyer said they would be filing suit "very shortly." I knew immediately what that meant, and I'm sure CNN's lawyers did too. Around the 12th of Never.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Why bother suing them? He can get a lot more money asking his donors to fund suing them than he could possibly expect to win. Make the fine print say you will use donations to file the suit and any leftovers will be used "to save America"/

Then pay the $40 filing fee, turn in a copy pasted hot mess you expect to be dismissed by lunch, pocket the $50 million or so the rubes sent in.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:14 pm Is he wearing a toupee?

Yes. Yes, he is.

He's been wearing extensions since pretty much his inauguration* but he apparently doesn't have enough natural hair left to support them. That is a wig.

*After a few photos came out showing his pate peeking through the thinning hair, he started using the extensions, which, when properly applied, look very natural and unless you have a baseline for comparison, which we do, are undetectable. And it's not hard to learn how to do it properly.

(I want to add, if willing to spend the $$, a good wig is also undetectable. But you have to have a professional apply it. It's not going to be cheap to reproduce his pompadour, the hairline is problematic. It can be done, but it requires netting at the hairline that is covered with makeup. Sean Connery wore wigs all through his 007 movies and he looked great. I stood next to Shatner for a photo op and although I knew it was a wig, I could not see any evidence of it, and I was looking (I used to do theater makeup and costuming).
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:40 am Why bother suing them? He can get a lot more money asking his donors to fund suing them than he could possibly expect to win. Make the fine print say you will use donations to file the suit and any leftovers will be used "to save America"/

Then pay the $40 filing fee, turn in a copy pasted hot mess you expect to be dismissed by lunch, pocket the $50 million or so the rubes sent in.
:yeahthat:

He's been doing that forever but they never see it coming.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

This is just weird
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump calls swimmer Riley Gaines up on stage and tries to give her a kiss. She flinches and pulls away.
tek

Post by tek »

"look at this!"
:sick:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah, by the end of 2024 Trump is gonna be Eugene McCarthy, disgraced, ignored and trice denied by Peter (or Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham) He'll die a few years later almost forgotten and smelling of cheap gin and a dirty diaper.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:58 pm Yeah, by the end of 2024 Trump is gonna be Eugene McCarthy, disgraced, ignored and trice denied by Peter (or Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham) He'll die a few years later almost forgotten and smelling of cheap gin Diet Coke and a dirty diaper.
FTFY, unless you think he'll finally become a drinker.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He wasn't wearing the toupee today. There must have been a fight about it.
Hic sunt dracones
June bug

Post by June bug »

Gregg wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:58 pm Yeah, by the end of 2024 Trump is gonna be Eugene McCarthy, disgraced, ignored and trice denied by Peter (or Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham) He'll die a few years later almost forgotten and smelling of cheap gin and a dirty diaper.
Did you mean Joe McCarthy?
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Or Charlie McCarthy?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

humblescribe wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:57 pm Or Charlie McCarthy?
OK bingo players!

Edgar Bergen reference!

Drink up!
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

June bug wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:20 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:58 pm Yeah, by the end of 2024 Trump is gonna be Eugene McCarthy, disgraced, ignored and trice denied by Peter (or Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham) He'll die a few years later almost forgotten and smelling of cheap gin and a dirty diaper.
Did you mean Joe McCarthy?
Oh wow, yeah, that's a big difference, ain't it?

:blackeye:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:11 pm He wasn't wearing the toupee today. There must have been a fight about it.
It got away and they couldn't catch it. :rotflmao:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybe but he enabled the New Fascist Party in the ambitious hands of De Santis, Abbott, and a host of others. No going back.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:31 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:58 pm Yeah, by the end of 2024 Trump is gonna be Eugene McCarthy, disgraced, ignored and trice denied by Peter (or Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham) He'll die a few years later almost forgotten and smelling of cheap gin Diet Coke and a dirty diaper.
FTFY, unless you think he'll finally become a drinker.
There's near certainty he's an Adderall addict so not sure booze is needed.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Maybe but he enabled the New Fascist Party in the ambitious hands of De Santis, Abbott, and a host of others. No going back.
I’m not so sure. As low information voters raise their heads, look around the political landscape and recognize that we’re in a pickle, a shift will occur ( see Kansas).

I have one set of relatives whose mantra was ‘ what difference does politics make to our daily lives. Why do we need to pay attention 24/7/365?” They don’t say that anymore.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

humblescribe wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:57 pm Or Charlie McCarthy?
Charlie McCarthy is in the Smithsonian. Trump won't be unless they create a "Rogues Gallery".

I heard Candace Bergen once refer to Charlie McCarthy as her "brother" because her father treated him like one of the family, sometimes favoring him over her.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:53 pm
I’m not so sure. As low information voters raise their heads, look around the political landscape and recognize that we’re in a pickle, a shift will occur ( see Kansas).

I have one set of relatives whose mantra was ‘ what difference does politics make to our daily lives. Why do we need to pay attention 24/7/365?” They don’t say that anymore.
The Kansas ads were a study.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2022/08/0 ... eferendum/
Lani

Post by Lani »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:35 pm
Article in WaPo yesterday: The GOP is sick. It didn’t start with Trump — and won’t end with him.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... k-excerpt/
The author points to Newt Gingrich. Trump is just the latest to destroy the country.
On Sept. 27, 1994, more than 300 Republican members of Congress and congressional candidates gathered where the insurrectionists would one day mount the scaffolding. On that sunny morning, they assembled for a nonviolent transfer of power. Bob Michel, the unfailingly genial leader of the House Republican minority for the previous 14 years, had ushered Ronald Reagan’s agenda through the House. But he was being forced into retirement by a rising bomb thrower who threatened to oust Michel as GOP leader if he didn’t quit. “My friends,” a wistful Michel told the gathering, “I’ll not be able to be with you when you enter that promised land of having that long-sought-after majority.”

Newt Gingrich had almost nothing in common with the man he shoved aside. Michel was a portrait of civility and decency, a World War II combat veteran who knew that his political opponents were not his enemies and that politics was the art of compromise. Gingrich, by contrast, rose to prominence by forcing the resignation of a Democratic speaker of the House on what began as mostly false allegations, by smearing another Democratic speaker with personal innuendo, and by routinely thwarting Michel’s attempts to negotiate with Democrats. Gingrich had avoided service in Vietnam and regarded Democrats as the enemy, impugning their patriotism and otherwise savaging them nightly on the House floor for the benefit of C-SPAN viewers.

“Newt! Newt! Newt! Newt!” the candidates and lawmakers chanted. A pudgy 51-year-old with a helmet of gray hair approached the lectern. “The fact is that America is in trouble,” Gingrich declared. “It is impossible to maintain American civilization with 12-year-olds having babies, 15-year-olds killing each other, 17-year-olds dying of AIDS and 18-year-olds getting diplomas they can’t even read.” The pejoratives piled up in Gingrich’s shouted, finger-wagging harangue: “Collapsing … Failed so totally … Worried about their jobs … Worried about their safety … Trust broke down … Out of touch … Wasteful … Dumb … Ineffective … Out of balance … Malaise … Drug dealers … Pimps … Prostitution … Crime … Barbarism … Devastation … Human tragedy … Chaos and poverty.” “Recognize that if America fails, our children will live on a dark and bloody planet,” Gingrich told them.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The ones that thought Hitler was a bloody fool? And who kept trying to do an end run around his orders behind his back?
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The New Yorker article is very long but looks very interesting - Inside the War Between Trump and His Generals. The quote about Trump wanting his generals to be more like the German generals of WWII comes from this article. I wish the tweets included the additional sentence -
“You do know that they tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off?” Kelly said.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”