Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Sam the Centipede

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Sam the Centipede »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:18 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:19 pm :nope: No, not Sancho Panza.

The GQP are in the role of Rocinante.
And Lindsey Graham longs to be Dulcinea.💘
Or the poodle in Travels with Charley.
;) Ok, j, I imagine one of the bookmakers from the resurrected Fogbook Club has noted your :callonme: recommendation for its reading list! :biggrin:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:46 pm Yeah, and Speaker doesn't come with a free mansion and free airplane/helicopter service. It's really a big step down from the last job he had. I don't think he would even consider it.
All that is true, but the speakership does come with something he craves: power.

As speaker, especially with a majority of House Republicans behind him and beholden to him, he could strangle any legislation that he doesn't like. He would be in a position to extort all kinds of favors and concessions from Democrats. This would be especially appealing to him if a Democrat (especially Joe Biden) were President.

He would have absolutely no qualms about holding up legislation unless the Democrats come crawling to him and kissed his ass ring.

As it always has been, it would be all about him.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:19 pm :nope: No, not Sancho Panza.

The GQP are in the role of Rocinante.
And Lindsey Graham longs to be Dulcinea.💘
:rotflmao:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

noblepa wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:53 pm
Foggy wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:46 pm Yeah, and Speaker doesn't come with a free mansion and free airplane/helicopter service. It's really a big step down from the last job he had. I don't think he would even consider it.
All that is true, but the speakership does come with something he craves: power.

As speaker, especially with a majority of House Republicans behind him and beholden to him, he could strangle any legislation that he doesn't like. He would be in a position to extort all kinds of favors and concessions from Democrats. This would be especially appealing to him if a Democrat (especially Joe Biden) were President.

He would have absolutely no qualms about holding up legislation unless the Democrats come crawling to him and kissed his ass ring.

As it always has been, it would be all about him.
Yabbut doesn't the Speaker therefore have to do, you know, actual work?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:01 pm :snippity:

Yabbut doesn't the Speaker therefore have to do, you know, actual work?
He would have an array of bootlicking sycophants, like McCarty, Gohmert, et al, who would be happy to do it for him. All he'd have to do is show up, gavel in the session, and sit atop the dais like the emperor he wants to be. Plus he'd have the added bonus of trying to impeach Biden and Harris every week in a fruitless pipedream to be restored as Zee Fuher again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Guys, he's a Narcissist. Being speaker means he has to sit there and listen to boring speeches from OTHER PEOPLE. He would have to sit there and have the attention be sucked away by other people. He would just have an office and could not hold court in parties. SOMEONE ELSE has to be on TV all the time. And, most importantly, just sitting there means that he can FEEL people comparing him to other speakers and he would know he comes short.

That's why he never used the POTUS twitter account.

He might enjoy people talking about him being voted speaker, but there is NO WAY he would do it.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Acosta's time on the weekend newsdesk is the highlight on my weekends these days.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:dance:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Anything that ruins his day is good by me.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Will we get any comments about how this went down, or have to wait for trial? But yeah, a bad day for Trump is a good day for me.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz
At least 10 civil casesare pending against Trump, whose ability to delay them has been curtailed since he left office in January. Trump had argued in some of the cases that as a sitting president he was immune from civil lawsuits.His office didn't respond to a request for comment on the cases.
A list of pending cases follows.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I think this link was posted on the deceased Fogbow the elder. It’s a “blog” showing the progress of, supposedly, all the cases against the DFO.

https://www.justsecurity.org/75032/liti ... ald-trump/
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:20 pm Guys, he's a Narcissist. Being speaker means he has to sit there and listen to boring speeches from OTHER PEOPLE. He would have to sit there and have the attention be sucked away by other people. He would just have an office and could not hold court in parties. SOMEONE ELSE has to be on TV all the time. And, most importantly, just sitting there means that he can FEEL people comparing him to other speakers and he would know he comes short.

That's why he never used the POTUS twitter account.

He might enjoy people talking about him being voted speaker, but there is NO WAY he would do it.
I suspect that, were he elected speaker, he would allow someone else to preside over all but the most important House sessions. He would enjoy being the "gatekeeper", with the ability to advance of block legislation that is to his benefit or detriment. He loves making deals, even though it appears that he isn't nearly as good at it as he thinks he is.

He would sit back and let house members, and even Senators, from both parties, come groveling to him, wanting to kiss his ass and get him to allow their legislation to see the light of day.
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

then, there is this, via r/insanepeoplefacebok:
se35wy4097u71.jpg
se35wy4097u71.jpg (102.65 KiB) Viewed 760 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
tek

Post by tek »

BREAKING: Former President Trump has filed a lawsuit against the January 6 committee and the National Archives to keep records from his presidency secret
Good. Let's get this through the courts "toot sweet" .. the sooner we find out whether we're a banana republic, the better.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Cnn/Erin Burnett (sp?) is going to have the lawyer on in the next hour that deposed Trump today.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Serious question: Are they allowed to talk about what the deposition was about? Questions asked and answers given? Or is there some confidentiality involved?
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The lawyer didn't detail any specific questions in the interview. The deposition lasted 4.5 hours. tfg answered questions. The lawyer said tfg behaved pretty much how he has in all of his other video taped depositions. He also trivialized tfg as a "tough guy". They are going after punitive damages based on his worth.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

jez wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:44 pm Serious question: Are they allowed to talk about what the deposition was about? Questions asked and answers given? Or is there some confidentiality involved?
It isn't automatic, but I would not be surprised if there is some kind of confidentiality order preventing anyone from discussing the deposition (or, a la Klayman, publishing it).

The relevant answers may come out during later proceedings, provided there isn't a settlement (with a confidentiality agreement).
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

In the other deposition I saw he was pretty much weak and deflated.
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

In an article, Wonkette referred to him as the Madman of Mar-a-Lago. I got to thinking and with all the GOP folks prostituting themselves for him, I think the better title is Madam of Mar-a-Lago.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.newsweek.com/curse-him-trum ... ?piano_t=1
A Republican senator, who voted to convict former President Donald Trump on an impeachment charge of inciting an insurrection, was criticized by Trump for questioning whether he could win the 2024 GOP nomination.

During an Axios interview released Sunday, Louisiana Senator Bill Cassidy said that he would not vote for Trump in the next presidential election, noting that the former president lost the House, the Senate and the presidency in four years.

"Elections are about winning," Cassidy added.

In a statement released Monday evening, Trump said, "Wacky Senator Bill Cassidy from Louisiana is a RINO Republican who begged for my endorsement in 2020 and used it all over the place to win re-election, much like Little Ben Sasse, and then voted to impeach your favorite President."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”