Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
pipistrelle

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by pipistrelle »

We need plaid shirt and green shirt guys at these rallies. :biggrin:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Notice how the supposed blacks for Trump shirts don't match Trump merchandise. The font is all off. Either they don't care about quality or meant to stand out
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

I have a new term for you. If Jones et al can have "crisis actors" then we can have "rally actors" only seems fair.
somerset

Post by somerset »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:40 pm I have a new term for you. If Jones et al can have "crisis actors" then we can have "rally actors" only seems fair.
Except "rally actors" are real

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rs-803161/
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

MSNBC is reporting that at his AZ rally this weekend, Trump said whites are unable to get COVID vaccinations and COVID treatments - that "the left" is rationing lifesaving therapeutics and vaccines based on race and are discriminating against whites when deciding "who lives and who dies."

Sickening.

Side question - why are race names like Black, Hispanic, Latin, Asian, etc. capitalized, but white isn't? I know this might be a touchy subject and I honestly don't want to start anything, I'm am simply genuinely curious.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm MSNBC is reporting that at his AZ rally this weekend, Trump said whites are unable to get COVID vaccinations and COVID treatments - that "the left" is rationing lifesaving therapeutics and vaccines based on race and are discriminating against whites when deciding "who lives and who dies."

Sickening.

Side question - why are race names like Black, Hispanic, Latin, Asian, etc. capitalized, but white isn't? I know this might be a touchy subject and I honestly don't want to start anything, I'm am simply genuinely curious.
Because writing conventions change.

"Black" has only recently been capitalized, as the style guides in many news organizations and publishers were changed. Before 2020, it was "black" and "white." The others are considered proper noun forms.

Here's an article from 2020 from the Chicago Manual of Style. They add that if you want to capitalize "White" when speaking of Black and White people, that's fine--as a matter of editorial consistency, but they don't seem to require it.

http://cmosshoptalk.com/2020/06/22/blac ... alization/

Here's the quote. And still MSM talks about this monster's supposed future candidacy without outrage.
“The left is now rationing life-saving therapeutics based on race, discriminating against and denigrating … white people to determine who lives and who dies,” he said during his speech on Saturday night in Florence, Arizona.

“If you’re white you do not get the vaccine or if you’re white you do not get therapeutics … In New York state, if you’re white, you have to go to the back of the line to get medical health,” he said.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Thanks for the info, P0rtia!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
Former President Donald Trump and his family company have a long history of stiffing contractors, but there’s one bill they almost certainly wish they had paid.

Ahead of the 2017 presidential inauguration, the Trump Organization reserved a block of rooms at the Loews Madison Hotel. When at least 13 people didn’t show up, the Trump Organization refused to pay the bill, something it has done many times in the past. The company then dodged a credit collection agency and eventually squirmed out of it by pushing the $49,358 bill off to the nonprofit presidential inaugural committee, the PIC.

That dodged payment is now the crux of the attorney general for the District of Columbia’s latest effort to put the Trump Organization back in its crosshairs in an ongoing investigation into how the Trump kids used the Presidential Inauguration Committee to throw lavish parties of their own.

“It was their friends. It should never have been sent to the PIC. That’s misuse of funding. The Trump Organization being involved in any way and getting the PIC to pay any sort of balance anywhere on their behalf? It just doesn’t seem legitimate,” said Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, who coordinated inaugural events and is now the government’s lead witness in this case.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Hmm, I'm a white male who received the first 2 vaccines and the booster. I can't speak for any other treatment as I have not needed it. I also work with a bunch of other white folks who have had the booster.

I know Portia wants to, in terms of the legal investigations, through shit at the wall and see what sticks. While I have disagreed with that approach, I am willing to adjust my standpoint. I am quite willing to through shit at Trump and see what sticks.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:17 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm MSNBC is reporting that at his AZ rally this weekend, Trump said whites are unable to get COVID vaccinations and COVID treatments - that "the left" is rationing lifesaving therapeutics and vaccines based on race and are discriminating against whites when deciding "who lives and who dies."

Sickening.

Because writing conventions change.

"Black" has only recently been capitalized, as the style guides in many news organizations and publishers were changed. Before 2020, it was "black" and "white." The others are considered proper noun forms.

Here's an article from 2020 from the Chicago Manual of Style. They add that if you want to capitalize "White" when speaking of Black and White people, that's fine--as a matter of editorial consistency, but they don't seem to require it.

http://cmosshoptalk.com/2020/06/22/blac ... alization/

Here's the quote. And still MSM talks about this monster's supposed future candidacy without outrage.
“The left is now rationing life-saving therapeutics based on race, discriminating against and denigrating … white people to determine who lives and who dies,” he said during his speech on Saturday night in Florence, Arizona.

“If you’re white you do not get the vaccine or if you’re white you do not get therapeutics … In New York state, if you’re white, you have to go to the back of the line to get medical health,” he said.
If trump were an intelligent man, (yeah, I know, stop laughing and 🐻 with me), I'd wonder if he was using reverse psychology. You know, "The commie dems don't want you vaccinated or treated because you're white!" Followed by, "Whaddya mean they won't let us get vaccinated! I'll be at the clinic first thing tomorrow...with my phone!"
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 am If trump were an intelligent man, (yeah, I know, stop laughing and 🐻 with me), I'd wonder if he was using reverse psychology. You know, "The commie dems don't want you vaccinated or treated because you're white!" Followed by, "Whaddya mean they won't let us get vaccinated! I'll be at the clinic first thing tomorrow...with my phone!"
Unfortunately it is probably the 'therapeutics' part that he is trying to hook them. It links into an old narrative of too much healthcare resources going to PoC and that is why rural hospitals are underfunded. So as hospitals get overwhelmed with omicron cases, they can explain their lack of treatment on 'it is going to other races!' rather than 'too many unvaccinated people'.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neeneko wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:21 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 am If trump were an intelligent man, (yeah, I know, stop laughing and 🐻 with me), I'd wonder if he was using reverse psychology. You know, "The commie dems don't want you vaccinated or treated because you're white!" Followed by, "Whaddya mean they won't let us get vaccinated! I'll be at the clinic first thing tomorrow...with my phone!"
Unfortunately it is probably the 'therapeutics' part that he is trying to hook them. It links into an old narrative of too much healthcare resources going to PoC and that is why rural hospitals are underfunded. So as hospitals get overwhelmed with omicron cases, they can explain their lack of treatment on 'it is going to other races!' rather than 'too many unvaccinated people'.
Yeah, its simply a not very well disguised dog whistle to the racists in his followers (most of them). He is making less and less of an effort to disguise his racism.

Its a variation on the line that racist leaning politicians have used forever: "Its THEIR fault (insert favorite ethnic/racial boogeyman here) that you don't have a better job, or make more money, or have to pay high taxes, or can't get into your preferred college . . . "

The ironic thing about TFG's latest statement is that he was speaking to a group that has no intention of being vaccinated and don't believe that they need treatment, so why would they care that they are being denied vaccination/treatment?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm going to open a betting line in 2024 of when a mainstream Republican uses the N word in a speech.

Currently somewhere in South Carolina Primary at about 22:1.

:dance:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

noblepa wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:38 pm . "

The ironic thing about TFG's latest statement is that he was speaking to a group that has no intention of being vaccinated and don't believe that they need treatment, so why would they care that they are being denied vaccination/treatment?
It's the same reason as why the United States does not have universal health care: because 'those' people are getting health care and YOU the TAXPAYER are having to pay for 'those' people drinking, carousing, having illegitimate babies, using drugs, etc. The corollary here is that 'those' people are welfare recipients, so 'those' people are sucking down YOUR hard-earned tax dollars to have fun on YOUR dime.

As a proud Magat, you already know and understand this, so you are always going to mutter approvingly under your breath 'he's right you know', and feel righteous about opposing health care which MIGHT benefit YOU, but will CERTAINLY benefit 'those' people.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

And yet, based on reported demographics, one has a pretty well founded belief that the majority of these folks are red state citizens who benefit from their state regularly sucking more from the federal teat and paying back less back than blue staters .....
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its a pretty Calvanist viewpoint. God has decided who is going to get sick and who is not, so it's pointless throwing good money after the people who are sick anyway. That's why they latched onto the "Commorboties" like Lampreys.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Spend enough time in the UK that you need to use the NHS for something.

You'll be a dedicated believer in national health care for life.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 am Spend enough time in the UK that you need to use the NHS for something.

The NHS after a decade of Tory ruling the UK, and with the current liar-in-chief the top government official, looks to be a shadow of it's former self. "you need to use the NHS for something" seems to have become a case of adding "if I survive until I get admitted".
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:25 am Spend enough time in the UK that you need to use the NHS for something.

I'll be here for a total of 2 years before I leave. Right now, it's a PITA to get registered, even though the Embassy is pressing us to do so -- due to COVID, the wait times to get in to see any GP in my neighborhood to present my diplomatic residency letter and get enrolled through that GP's surgery is crazy. I'm making another round of calls this week.

In fairness, I wasn't inclined to do so for the first few months after I got here and it wasn't until just after Thanksgiving that the Embassy medical team really started poking me to do so. Also in fairness, I'm told that once I'm in, it *is* an amazing system. It's just the hang-time to get registered since I'm not in any emerency status. Damn me for keeping the blood sugar under *relative* (i.e., high but not dangerously so) control.

I'll be happy to share my rolling experiences as things go forward.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Please.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:25 pm

:roll:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I don't see a link on CNN's website yet, but they're reporting on air that the Georgia DA asks for a special grand jury in their investigation of Trump. Seems this kind of special GJ has more powers to subpoena and whatever else they need to do.

:shark2:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:36 pm I don't see a link on CNN's website yet, but they're reporting on air that the Georgia DA asks for a special grand jury in their investigation of Trump. Seems this kind of special GJ has more powers to subpoena and whatever else they need to do.

:shark2:
Who needs pastiche?

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord
And I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life, oh lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord, oh lord

Well, if you told me you were drowning
I would not lend a hand
I've seen your face before my friend
But I don't know if you know who I am

Well, I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been